Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuba Not Responsible for Sonic Blasts
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cuba Not Responsible for Sonic Blasts (Read 81 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Cuba Not Responsible for Sonic Blasts
Sep 28th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article175493626...

Quite predictable really. But not so easy for our phony anti-war pseudo-libertarians.

Second best choice for Amerians- blame the Soviet Union. (Russia)

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Cuba Not Responsible for Sonic Blasts
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Russians make more sense than the Cubans.  Russians have the resources and an interest in keeping relations between Cuba and the US bad.  Venezuela would have a similar interest but I doubt they'd have the resources, same for some elements within the Cuban government.  There really is not reason why the US would have done something to its own staff, especially now that it appears the US has ruled Cuba out as a suspect.

I suppose if you are particularly conspiracy minded and anti-american you might think the US did it to frame Russia in order to harm relations between Russian and Cuba.  I would wish that the US government was so clever but I doubt it.

It may be a mass socio-genic illness.  It would be interesting if true.  One guy gets sick and thinks its the cubans, then suddenly everyone else is getting sick too.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Russians make more sense than the Cubans.  Russians have the resources and an interest in keeping relations between Cuba and the US bad.  Venezuela would have a similar interest but I doubt they'd have the resources, same for some elements within the Cuban government.  There really is not reason why the US would have done something to its own staff, especially now that it appears the US has ruled Cuba out as a suspect.

I suppose if you are particularly conspiracy minded and anti-american you might think the US did it to frame Russia in order to harm relations between Russian and Cuba.  I would wish that the US government was so clever but I doubt it.

It may be a mass socio-genic illness.  It would be interesting if true.  One guy gets sick and thinks its the cubans, then suddenly everyone else is getting sick too.

My first guess for who did it would be Cubans who sympathize with Florida's Cubans. Their most important agenda issue is to prevent peaceful relations between the US and Cuba on Cuba's terms, as has been stated by Cuba.

That would/will result in no concessions whatsoever to the Frorida Cubans. They need the US to continue to support their agenda of no US relations with Cuba until Cuba buckles under and concedes.

And then, it seems quite likely that the Republican party would be completely on their side for an ongoing fight. They did obviously oppose Obama's initiatives and still do, even though it's politically unpopular with the country now.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:34pm:
And then, it seems quite likely that the Republican party would be completely on their side for an ongoing fight. They did obviously oppose Obama's initiatives and still do, even though it's politically unpopular with the country now.
For the most part, its only the older Cuban Americans that hold to the anti-Castro line.  Second generation Cuban Americans don't really care that much or want the business opportunities that open relations with Cuba present.

But regardless, we'd still need a group with the resource to build some sort of mystery weapon capable of deafening folks without leaving evidence.  That's some James Bond shit right there.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:44pm:
For the most part, its only the older Cuban Americans that hold to the anti-Castro line.  Second generation Cuban Americans don't really care that much or want the business opportunities that open relations with Cuba present.

But regardless, we'd still need a group with the resource to build some sort of mystery weapon capable of deafening folks without leaving evidence.  That's some James Bond shit right there.

Yes, I agree on the James Bond shit even though I don't have the knowledge on such things to say definitively.

I think that your Cubans are coming around for the most part but there's still a pretty large faction of Cuban Americans who still have it stuck in their craws. The Republican party knows it has prettty big support for destroying that which Obams started.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/state-department-cuba_us_59ce53dfe4b05f005d33...

This story was posted at antiwar.com

What's really going on here? In one sense the US is taking quite reasonable precautions to protect it's people from something that's going on in Cuba.

In another sense it can be seen as a deliberate effort by the US to stop all progress that Obama had initiated.

Be objective and most of all, be libertarians while trying to determine just 'what's going on'?

Quote:
Tillerson and President Donald Trump have spoken against the U.S. rapprochement with Cuba, threatening to undermine the new relationship initiated by former President Barack Obama in 2014 with new travel restrictions and aid cutbacks.

SkyChief, here's an opportunity for you to get involved in a conversation. Just go slow and be careful of keeping to your declared antiwar agenda. You're going to be tested before you will start to gain back the credibility you've squandered with your petulant behaviour.

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
1/ Why is anyone responding to Trollmeister ?
2/ WTF does this have to do with anything libertarian ?  This doesnot belong in 'Freedom'forum.

Even the EARLY reports,weeks ago suggested Cuba was unlikely to be the source.  That isn't news, except to the ill-informed.

Who is brutal enough & spoiling for a serious fight w/ the US ?  Certainly not Russia or Cuba, and Venezuela and their Cuban/Venez insurrectionists want to keep a low profile v-v the US to avoid the US getting involved.

There is a NoKo embassy in Havana - not half a mile from the US Embassy, and some NoKo presence -  do the math.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:44pm:

Steve thinks North Korea did it. I think it's possible but probably down around the most improbable. Maybe just above the Vatican doing it.

What I'm really thinking is that nobody did it, but we don't have access to the straight goods on the story. I think there was definitely a push by the US to blame Cuba and that's troubling.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cuba Not Responsible for Sonic Blasts
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy