Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Must Pay More Attention to Antiwar.com
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Libertarians Must Pay More Attention to Antiwar.com (Read 128 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarians Must Pay More Attention to Antiwar.com
Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
What sort of mistake do you think the N.Koreans would make with their air burst H bomb that the US or Soviets didn't make? It seems to be roughly in the same area of the world and it's supposed to be smaller.

I think the point is, China has already decided on whether N.K. should push the envelope with the US. The point had to be made that the US couldn't continue to dictate terms for China's allies in China's sphere of influence.

So we can only guess IMO burnsred. Has China told N.Korea to go ahead with their H bomb test in order to put the US in their place completely and permanently? Because that will be the perception of the world if N.K. does it.

Or has China told N.K. that they have adequately made their point?

I'm tending to think the former, because China didn't hint at the consequences of US military aggression on N.K. They stated emphatically that China would not tolerate a first strike by the US. And they also covered the damage control politics of it by saying that they would stand by if the US was reacting to a N.K. strike against the US.

And too, China isn't going to buy the Gulf of Tonkin type of bullshit again!

It's being worked out behind the scenes for sure burns. The same as it was worked out when the US flew a cruz through the China embassy window in Serbia. And it was kept quiet from the public.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What sort of mistake do you think the N.Koreans would make with their air burst H bomb that the US or Soviets didn't make? It seems to be roughly in the same area of the world and it's supposed to be smaller.
The mistakes that were contemplated when over one hundred nations signed the partial nuclear test ban treaty.
Quote:
I think the point is, China has already decided on whether N.K. should push the envelope with the US. The point had to be made that the US couldn't continue to dictate terms for China's allies in China's sphere of influence.

So we can only guess IMO burnsred. Has China told N.Korea to go ahead with their H bomb test in order to put the US in their place completely and permanently? Because that will be the perception of the world if N.K. does it.
Yes, then "the world" will probably perceive that Trump was a horrible person to turn NK in to a parking lot.  But Trump is pretty thick skinned so he'll get over it pretty quickly. 

Quote:
Or has China told N.K. that they have adequately made their point?
Apparently they have.

Quote:
I'm tending to think the former, because China didn't hint at the consequences of US military aggression on N.K. They stated emphatically that China would not tolerate a first strike by the US. And they also covered the damage control politics of it by saying that they would stand by if the US was reacting to a N.K. strike against the US.

And too, China isn't going to buy the Gulf of Tonkin type of bullshit again!

It's being worked out behind the scenes for sure burns. The same as it was worked out when the US flew a cruz through the China embassy window in Serbia. And it was kept quiet from the public.
I'm very sure there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.  I'm not sure how you know what they are, but if you have some inside info, more power to you!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:34pm:
The mistakes that were contemplated when over one hundred nations signed the partial nuclear test ban treaty.
Yes, then "the world" will probably perceive that Trump was a horrible person to turn NK in to a parking lot.  But Trump is pretty thick skinned so he'll get over it pretty quickly. 

Apparently they have.

I'm very sure there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.  I'm not sure how you know what they are, but if you have some inside info, more power to you!

You miss the point and I'm sorry that I'm going to have to say that it must have been due to American arrogance. If N.K. is turned into a glass parking lot, the US will be too. And Russia and China.

And India and Pakistan too because why not.

But it's not going to happen. None of it. MAD has saved the world from US allout military aggression for over 70 years and it's going to save us for a few more.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
American arrogance.
I've always wondered why Canadians call people in the United States "Americans."  It seems so self-deprecating that they don't call themselves Americans also.  Brazilians get pissed if you say "American" in a context that means "not Brazilian."

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 11:50pm:
I've always wondered why Canadians call people in the United States "Americans."  It seems so self-deprecating that they don't call themselves Americans also.  Brazilians get pissed if you say "American" in a context that means "not Brazilian." 

It just seems easier to say that 'u.s. citizens'. But every time I say the word, I'm aware of it being a compromise. It's not a big problem that I need to solve by inventing a new word.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarians Must Pay More Attention to Antiwar.com
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy