Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Great Progress With North Korea!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Great Progress With North Korea! (Read 304 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Great Progress With North Korea!
Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/usa/405116-us-has-direct-channels-communication-korea/

This blows the cover of the US in wanting to make it look like North Koreans are insane and can't be negotiated with. So regardless of how the US wants to make it appear on the surface to it's citizens, good things are happening.

And besides that, it's a strategic victory for North Korea and especially for China. So rather than accept the US line that's been voiced on this forum that Trump has cowed Kim and intimidated him into stopping his plans for his H bomb test, the truth is that negotiations are taking place.

I've relied on RT for this information but I wonder if the US media is telling the story?

RT has a very obvious purpose in getting the story out. It's breaking through the facade of bullshit on North Korea being a mad, insane, renegade state. It's not and it's perfectly rational, and backed 100% by China for strategic purposes.

Here's the position on the negotiating table: Quote:
Moscow and Beijing have long proposed a ‘double-freeze’ plan, in which Pyongyang suspends its nuclear and ballistic missile programs in exchange for a halt in joint US-South Korea military exercises. The US, however, has firmly rejected the proposal.

It's not going to change or go away and that's all that matters now. It's my hunch that if the US doesn't budge on their position in the near future then Beijing will tell N.K. to go ahead with their H bomb test.

That's a point worth debating!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Great Progress With North Korea!
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
The only story posted at antiwar.com on N.K. today is this one:

http://fair.org/home/while-us-north-korea-both-make-threats-only-one-has-killed-...

This should tell us that negotiations are at full stride and it's not meant for public consumption by Americans.

Great progress because it becomes evident that the US has been convinced to pull in it's horns. Or rather, Trump has been contained in his sand box and isn't actively doing more damage to relations with China and Russia.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Sorry Don_G.  the story is all over the MSM.

US has 'direct channels' to Pyongyang, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/30/politics/tillerson-channels-to-pyongyang/index.htm...

U.S. in Direct Communication With North Korea, Says Tillerson

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/30/world/asia/us-north-korea-tillerson.html?mcub...

US talking to North Korea 'directly,' Rex Tillerson says

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-talking-north-korea-directly-rex-tillerson/sto...

There are many more...I'm too lazy to post them.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:32pm:
Sorry Don_G.  the story is all over the MSM.

US has 'direct channels' to Pyongyang, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/30/politics/tillerson-channels-to-pyongyang/index.htm...

U.S. in Direct Communication With North Korea, Says Tillerson

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/30/world/asia/us-north-korea-tillerson.html?mcub...

US talking to North Korea 'directly,' Rex Tillerson says

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-talking-north-korea-directly-rex-tillerson/sto...

There are many more...I'm too lazy to post them.

Thanks Chief, that's good work. I looked at the link from CNN and immediately noticed that the demonizing is continuing there with the mention of the US saying it has to calm down N.K.

The US is going to have to spin it for American consumption but that's alright.

And then this from the N.Y. Times: Quote:
But there are risks in the talks, too. American intelligence officials believe Mr. Kim is racing ahead to complete his ability to strike the United States with a weapon, figuring that at a minimum that would give him huge negotiating leverage.

Definietely some tough talk for America's consumption.

In any case, I know that you agreed with me quite some time ago on what is really happening with China's involvement. N.K. is following orders!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 2:40pm:
In any case, I know that you agreed with me quite some time ago on what is really happening with China's involvement. N.K. is following orders!

Mmmmm...sort of.  I agreed that China supports North Korea.   But it doesn't appear that North Korea is "following orders" from China. Last month the UN SC levied a bunch of sanctions on NoKo.  China was emphatically behind those sanctions.

If China was really the puppetmaster, Rocket Man would have complied with China's appeal to stop with all the brinksmanship.

However, It is possible that it's all a ruse on China's part - they've been known to do some sneaky-snake things!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
However, It is possible that it's all a ruse on China's part - they've been known to do some sneaky-snake things!

Yes, that's pretty well what you had agreed upon. And yes, China does some sneaky things. Snake? A little over the top in your expression of hate but I won't challenge you on it today. China is intent on doing what is right for China and that's not what's right for the US.

IP Logged

stevea

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
IOW no progress at all.

Need a definition of 'progress' too?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
The crazy dictator backed down.

That is indeed progress.

North Korea cheerleaders will try to spin in anyway they want.  Which is fine since Trump has brought that totalitarian nightmare state to heel.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
The crazy dictator backed down.

That is indeed progress.

North Korea cheerleaders will try to spin in anyway they want.  Which is fine since Trump has brought that totalitarian nightmare state to heel.

At least we both agree that there has been progress. It's just about right out of the news now. Both sides will attempt to spin it in their favour but it's going to be muted because that would have been part of the deal I would say.

The media really did buy into it and made it quite the little crisis for a while.

And it's telling on stevea's extremist ideology that he bought into it too. He's not even seeing that progress has been made. In his defence, that's because I suggested it wasn't being spun in favour of the US and tha't about all stevea could think about.

Stevea demonstrates a pretty high degree of intelligence but he's a very flawed personality. He losed control of his emotions like a teenager. We all have to be tolerant of teens.

If he is indeed a teenager then all my criticism isn't valid. Would you hazard a guess on that burnsred?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Sep 30th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Which is fine since Trump has brought that totalitarian nightmare state to heel.

I've been avoiding this thread, but this interests me... Why do you say that? You think they believe his threat to obliterate N. Korea or whatever he said? Do you?

Let's try to stop him if that's in fact the case.

Why not help Japan and S. Korea take out the Kim regime conventionally instead?

Doesn't that sound better than obliterating a country of people bound to serfdom by a tyrannical government?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Great Progress With North Korea!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy