Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › how do libertarians deal with medical professionals that cant take no
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) how do libertarians deal with medical professionals that cant take no (Read 113 times)
thermf5
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

how do libertarians deal with medical professionals that cant take no
Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:20am
Print Post  
i had to go to the er and and the nure that give me the discrarge parpers tryed to give me advice i said no but she keept trying  so i told the aussy thingy off [pre][/pre]by telling her what i belive then i left i am bottcoting that er for more rezens then that but i am just wondering what yall reaction would be

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: how do libertarians deal with medical professionals that cant take no
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:18am
Print Post  
The government meddles in our private lives and personal decisions so much that many people are starting to feel helpless.   Unfortunately, instead of revolting against the anti-freedom system, they try to join it by looking for ways that they themselves can meddle in other people's business. 

I've gotten to the point that I don't tell my colleagues what I do outside of work because they seem to take it as an invitation to tell me what I should be doing according to them.  If it were an offhand comment and they took the hint when I changed the subject, I wouldn't mind so much.  But I'm hearing more and more, "Ok, but back to you (doing what I just told them I do) . . . why wouldn't you just (do what I would do in that situation)?

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:25am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:18am:
The government meddles in our private lives and personal decisions so much that many people are starting to feel helpless.   Unfortunately, instead of revolting against the anti-freedom system, they try to join it by looking for ways that they themselves can meddle in other people's business. 

I've gotten to the point that I don't tell my colleagues what I do outside of work because they seem to take it as an invitation to tell me what I should be doing according to them.  If it were an offhand comment and they took the hint when I changed the subject, I wouldn't mind so much.  But I'm hearing more and more, "Ok, but back to you (doing what I just told them I do) . . . why wouldn't you just (do what I would do in that situation)?

i feal that unless humanity evolves we are hopeless i am hopeless of this but i still dream of a better day where self-ownership is law

IP Logged

Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:25am:
i feal that unless humanity evolves we are hopeless i am hopeless of this but i still dream of a better day where self-ownership is law

I would say, get some mental help and stop trying to scam us with your bullshit grammar and spelling.

Work with burnsred, he claims to be a professional and so it's free help. Charity! The American way!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:19am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:25am:
I'd agree that you are probably hopeless. Try not to worry about evolution, it will happen and you can't do anything about it.

My advice to you would be to stay out of the ER if you don't want to place yourself under the authority of ER Doctors and Nurses. And try to listen when Nurses give you advice. You aren't forced to follow their advice, but just listening politely and thanking them will get you out of the ER faster.

Self ownership is essentially the law under the U.S. Constitution as it was intended to operate. Instead of just dreaming idly, you could work to restore it to it's intended purposes.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:20am:
i had to go to the er and and the nure that give me the discrarge parpers tryed to give me advice i said no but she keept trying  so i told the aussy thingy off [pre][/pre]by telling her what i belive then i left i am bottcoting that er for more rezens then that but i am just wondering what yall reaction would be

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble understanding the situation.

You were annoyed at the medical advice of a medical practitioner that you went to see for medical care?

As a rule I listen politely to such advice, nod as though I appreciate it and then go about my life as I would.  Sometimes incorporating the advice of professionals into my life, sometimes not.  There is little benefit to telling some stranger off, especially in their place of business when you have gone there to avail yourself of their services. 

In short, you sound like kind of an asshole when you tell the story, what does the nurse's version of this story make you sound like?

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:54am:
Unfortunately, I'm having trouble understanding the situation.

You were annoyed at the medical advice of a medical practitioner that you went to see for medical care?

As a rule I listen politely to such advice, nod as though I appreciate it and then go about my life as I would.  Sometimes incorporating the advice of professionals into my life, sometimes not.  There is little benefit to telling some stranger off, especially in their place of business when you have gone there to avail yourself of their services. 

In short, you sound like kind of an asshole when you tell the story, what does the nurse's version of this story make you sound like?

i am a new yorker we are asssholes by defult and proud of it make nyc gritty agin so i can move backl

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Do I understand the question though?  You balked at the advice of the nurse checking you out of the ER and told her off as a result?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:39pm:
Do I understand the question though?  You balked at the advice of the nurse checking you out of the ER and told her off as a result?

Thank you for taking him on as your responsibility. It's better than him just being ignored. Stay with it and I'll give you a bit of support from time to time.

I was hoping for another 'real' libertarian reply from you on the thread I started.

Hey, how about that shooting? That would be enough damage to make a small country surrender. Are you so pro-gun too that you can just ignore it again?

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:07pm:
I would say, get some mental help and stop trying to scam us with your bullshit grammar and spelling.

Work with burnsred, he claims to be a professional and so it's free help. Charity! The American way!

do u know i love when kids kill there parents for trying to raze them  and i want every conlectivt to die cuz thay cant mind there own bizness me myu slef and i any who what rule or be ruled over what fashishiism what i want is for every one to leve every one alone and live by there own code but not to force those code on any one elce evern there lovers or kids

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › how do libertarians deal with medical professionals that cant take no
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy