Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Which Came First?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Which Came First? (Read 216 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Which Came First?
Oct 1st, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/usa/405218-rt-us-broadcast-simonyan/

And I post it here because it's very important to libertarians that rights, freedoms, privileges, freedom of speech, should not be censored.

It appears that it's America that is moving to take away RT's rights first. But in defence of America, does it have valid reason on the basis of the Russian alleged hacking?

(damn, sorry about the typo in the title) (something for the mod to fix?)

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Which Came First?
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It appears that it's America that is moving to take away RT's rights first. But in defence of America, does it have valid reason on the basis of the Russian alleged hacking?
My, my.  Yes, that is quite a dilemma for liberals isn't it?  Trump is the liberal media's latest incarnation of Goldstein.  Therefore what Trump did is wrong because everything Trump does is by definition racist, stupid and mean.  On the other hand, the same liberals have briefly put their decades long love affair with Russia on hold in order to accuse them of tricking voters into voting for Trump.  Or something.  They're kind of vague about what the Russians supposedly did.  Because it ties in with the Trump bashing, anything Russia does is also racist, stupid and mean.  So, what's a lib to do?

But, of course it is no dilemma at all for libertarians which is why you're getting no response.  Under libertarianism a media outlet does not have to "register" as anything for not being sufficiently pro-government.  But of course you knew that being a staunch libertarian yourself. 

You did know that . . . right Don?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:45pm:
My, my.  Yes, that is quite a dilemma for liberals isn't it?  Trump is the liberal media's latest incarnation of Goldstein.  Therefore what Trump did is wrong because everything Trump does is by definition racist, stupid and mean.  On the other hand, the same liberals have briefly put their decades long love affair with Russia on hold in order to accuse them of tricking voters into voting for Trump.  Or something.  They're kind of vague about what the Russians supposedly did.  Because it ties in with the Trump bashing, anything Russia does is also racist, stupid and mean.  So, what's a lib to do?

But, of course it is no dilemma at all for libertarians which is why you're getting no response.  Under libertarianism a media outlet does not have to "register" as anything for not being sufficiently pro-government.  But of course you knew that being a staunch libertarian yourself. 

You did know that . . . right Don?

I know pretty well all there is to know about libertarianism. I fit it in in an afternoon. But that's not answering to the topic is it.

Libertarians say they're antiwar so you'll see threads posted from time to time to test them.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I thought you wanted the libertarian position on censorship and whether it would apply to a Russian media organization in the U.S.  Which is pretty obviously a yes.  We either have free speech or we don't.   

Did you literally want the answer to which came first?  I thought it was a "chicken and egg" question just to introduce the topic.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:58pm:
I thought you wanted the libertarian position on censorship and whether it would apply to a Russian media organization in the U.S.  Which is pretty obviously a yes.  We either have free speech or we don't.   

Did you literally want the answer to which came first?  I thought it was a "chicken and egg" question just to introduce the topic.

Chicken and egg? Is that you skychief? Where the little cartoon guy?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Donat dear, what about censorship by "socially responsible governments" all over the world, including Canada's"?

Since you already know all there is to know about libertarian principles (so you claim) then you already know libertarians don't approve of Putin or Canada censoring journalists either.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:01am:
Donat dear, what about censorship by "socially responsible governments" all over the world, including Canada's"?

Since you already know all there is to know about libertarian principles (so you claim) then you already know libertarians don't approve of Putin or Canada censoring journalists either.

That which I know Jeff, is that censorship can't be selective in order to meet the requirements of pseudo-libertarians.

And a whole lot more that we'll get to in time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 10:52pm:
I know pretty well all there is to know about libertarianism. I fit it in in an afternoon. But that's not answering to the topic is it.
No, and as is usual, you still haven't stayed on topic and provided us with your opinions or any rational argument anywhere, ever.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 12:00pm:
That which I know Jeff, is that censorship can't be selective in order to meet the requirements of pseudo-libertarians.
Who are those people you keep talking about, those "pseudo-libertarians" who want to censor their opponents? You?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Which Came First?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy