Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › March 2016, I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) March 2016, I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer (Read 344 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: March 2016, I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer
Reply #20 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:11am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:53pm:
That's nice of her. 

By BP checkup, I mean the checkup I get for my BP medication.  They check my blood thoroughly to make sure there are no side effects.  I guess in Canada, the government tells you what to take and if there're side effects, tough luck.  At least you didn't die on a waiting list . . .

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you to mean the Nurse taking your BP before a regular physical exam.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:11am:
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you to mean the Nurse taking your BP before a regular physical exam.

He's also saying something else that is important. If I go in for a BP test the doctor doesn't do a full medical, he does what is appropriate.

Not relating to his particular case bur relating to US practice in general, your doctors pad up the bill by for instance, doing an MRI or CTscan when something like a simple cheap x-ray is adequate.

That's only an example but it's important that you all start looking at the facts for the reasons why your health care costs nearly twice as much per capita as all the leading HC systems in the developed world. Not to even mention that on top of that, he pays what he calls a co-pay out of his own pocket. And then on top of that, your system isn't rated as good as all the others! Ya can't make this shit up Jeff!

If you're so committed to private, for profit HC then at least deal with some ways to at least 'try' to make them sharpen their pencils for dog sake!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:49pm:
He's also saying something else that is important. If I go in for a BP test the doctor doesn't do a full medical, he does what is appropriate.

"Appropriate"? That leaves lots of wiggle room, and Doctors etc. that are being pressured to provide "adequate" care to everyone for a bureaucratically determined fee are the ones who really have to make the judgement calls.

That's why what's "appropriate" for your NHS is not nearly enough for us Americans.

Of course it's more complex than that, but that's a crucial point for discussion.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:22pm:
"Appropriate"? That leaves lots of wiggle room, and Doctors etc. that are being pressured to provide "adequate" care to everyone for a bureaucratically determined fee are the ones who really have to make the judgement calls.

That's why what's "appropriate" for your NHS is not nearly enough for us Americans.

Of course it's more complex than that, but that's a crucial point for discussion.

Let's not worry about Canada's right now. It's fine and it's rated better than yours. I'm just trying to help you get through the mess that yours is in. Don't you pseudo-libertarians want to stop government from stealing all your money?

It's starting to look like Trumpcare ain't gonna work.

Learn and grow with your pain.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Let's not worry about Canada's right now. It's fine and it's rated better than yours. I'm just trying to help you get through the mess that yours is in.
I can understand your reluctance to talk about Canada's health problems.  What you have to understand is that without introducing the free-market, Canada will continue to have more Laura Hillers and more Danny Williams which will make you the laughing stock of even the socialized medicine world.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:57pm:
I can understand your reluctance to talk about Canada's health problems.  What you have to understand is that without introducing the free-market, Canada will continue to have more Laura Hillers and more Danny Williams which will make you the laughing stock of even the socialized medicine world.

It could happen but right now it's the US that's being laughed at. Don't you understand that?

You're going to have to work harder to bring in Trumpcare.

And fwiw, I'm on your side with seeing it succeed as becoming the law. Unfortunately, the 1 vote short in congress it keeps failing by is a setup. It saves Republican asses and it only sacrifices a few has-beens and fringe R's anyway. McCain is finished so he doesn't have to worry. The one in Alaska is a protest from the party line, and the other one??.

Lose one of those as 'no' voters and another one will be pulled out of the closet. The R's can't allow it to pass at all costs!

Are you aware of those facts?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Not sure where you got the idea that I support "Trumpcare" whatever that might be.  Are you just making up straw men or did you confuse me with another poster again?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 8:11pm:
Not sure where you got the idea that I support "Trumpcare" whatever that might be.  Are you just making up straw men or did you confuse me with another poster again?

You're stuck with not being able to support anything. You can't even support creation openly. You're going to have to be a quasi-evolutionist of some sort.

Would that include humans riding on the backs of dinosaurs?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
My take on the where species came from is irrelevant in a discussion of libertarianism because I don't want to force anyone to think as I do.

Now, which version of Darwinism do you want to force parents to teach their children?  The accidental or the purposeful version?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 9:38pm:
My take on the where species came from is irrelevant in a discussion of libertarianism because I don't want to force anyone to think as I do.

Now, which version of Darwinism do you want to force parents to teach their children?  The accidental or the purposeful version?

Darwinism is Darwinism, there aren't two versions for evolutionists but maybe there is for creationists?

You don't want us to talk about that so I won't. But you could at least tell us if you're a creationist. Can a creationist not proclaim to be one? Will the god tolerate that kind of backsliding just because one of his disciples is embarrassed over it?

Oh, and are you an ID'er? People who won't proclaim their faith is what make statues of Mary weep.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › March 2016, I was diagnosed with esophogeal cancer
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy