Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . . (Read 354 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
. . . Wow!  I really need to disarm myself.  Where's the nearest government official?

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:10pm:
. . . Wow!  I really need to disarm myself.  Where's the nearest government official?

Not likely. Why would anyone think that?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Oh . . . I think maybe one poster's reaction was that we need to turn in our guns . . .

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 8:10pm:

f....ing terrorists what do thay think will; happen dont thay know there actions will be couse for most people to demonize there ideas like how aftter  okc millisha movement membership drops to a disminal number mass shoting olny lead to oppertionsts useing there branking pont for there agenda  or coninbine could have bin stoped if schools thought kids to be self ce3nter and permoted dules to the death

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . ????

What? Was it what? Terrorism?

I thought it was just the ordinary only a little bigger this time. Do you think it's a record that will stand for quite a while?

I feel the same sort of disgust that a lot of other people in other countries feel for this kind of slaughter. It's not necessary and could likely be stopped without interfering with anybody's supposed rights.

Again, it's imposing on the rights of Americans in general to uphold thet erdiculous secund mend munt rits.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not necessary and could likely be stopped without interfering with anybody's supposed rights.
Unfortunately, I disagree. 

CNN and CBS officials are doing a victory dance since the victims were country music fans and therefore "likely Trump supporters."  The shooter was a frequenter of anti-Trump rallies and had ties to ANTIFA. 

Strongly as I disagree with those folks, I don't consider free speech a "supposed right."  I would never support a law to shut them up, no matter how harmful their hate-filled rhetoric is.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Again, it's imposing on the rights of Americans in general to uphold thet erdiculous secund mend munt rits.
Let's revisit my explanation of the origin of the Right of self defense... Do I need to? Did you truly not understand?

No matter, violent people are more easily deterred and controlled in situations/places where people are free to be armed.

There have not been, and will not be, any mass murders at shooting ranges.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:20am:
Let's revisit my explanation of the origin of the Right of self defense... Do I need to? Did you truly not understand?

No matter, violent people are more easily deterred and controlled in situations/places where people are free to be armed.

There have not been, and will not be, any mass murders at shooting ranges.

Maybe Jeff? When somebody goes to a shooting range they are likely finding an outlet for their need to kill from a distance. They've substituted paper for a living thing and that serves to divert them for an indefinite length of time.

But most of them will kill again, even if it's a small animal they refer to as a varmint. They kill their socalled varmints for the thrill of killing and not to eliminate pests. Or they could turn to songbirds for an equal thrill.

The ones that hunt for meat are much more interested in the kill as opposed to the meat at a low price. It's almost always much more expensive than good beef.

I'm talking about the large majority but have to admit that perhaps 1% like the meat better or actually depend on it for food.

I speak for experience because I did it before I grew out of it. And I admit that it's human to want to kill. It's just that the need can be reasoned away with maturity.

What do you think?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Literally, "Shit!"

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I speak for experience because I did it before I grew out of it. And I admit that it's human to want to kill. It's just that the need can be reasoned away with maturity.

What do you think?
I think you're projecting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy