Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . . (Read 357 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Reply #30 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . ????

Again, it's imposing on the rights of Americans in general to uphold thet erdiculous secund mend munt rits.
Composition- F.
Clarity-F.
Use of language- F.

Mr. Donat,

It seems apparent that you are not sufficiently prepared to take part in this sort of conversation.

Secondarily, but even more important to me, your innuendo disparaging the Rights and beliefs of Americans, completely unsupported as it is, is offensive to civilized people.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 6:08pm:
Composition- F.
Clarity-F.
Use of language- F.

Mr. Donat,

It seems apparent that you are not sufficiently prepared to take part in this sort of conversation.

Secondarily, but even more important to me, your innuendo disparaging the Rights and beliefs of Americans, completely unsupported as it is, is offensive to civilized people.

You should have used the word 'secondly' and not 'secondarily'.

It can't be secondarily if it's even more important to you. That would make it primarily. Secondly would have been correct but you tried to flower up a good sentence and you screwed it up.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:43pm:
You should have used the word 'secondly' and not 'secondarily'.

It can't be secondarily if it's even more important to you. That would make it primarily. Secondly would have been correct but you tried to flower up a good sentence and you screwed it up.
Fine, take off points.

What about the context? Could you understand what I said? Can you respond to it?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
Fine, take off points.

What about the context? Could you understand what I said? Can you respond to it?

No. I couldn't understand it because it contained a contradiction. You'll have to clear that up first.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:16pm:
No. I couldn't understand it because it contained a contradiction. You'll have to clear that up first.
Sure, here's the important part-

"...even more important to me, your innuendo disparaging the Rights and beliefs of Americans, completely unsupported as it is, is offensive to civilized people."

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:41pm:
I think you're projecting.

I'm pretty confident it's usually true. Even most hunters grow out of wanting to hunt and kill animals.

Most gungoons won't even own up to wanting to kill animals with their guns. They will try to have you believe that the meat is healthier. And then when you tell them that the cost is probably 10 times the cost of good beef, they will invent special circumstances for them that make it cheaper.

I've been there. If you haven't then you're not old enough yet.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I speak for experience because I did it before I grew out of it. And I admit that it's human to want to kill. It's just that the need can be reasoned away with maturity.

What do you think?
I think you're projecting.

I'm pretty confident it's usually true. Even most hunters grow out of wanting to hunt and kill animals.

Most gungoons won't even own up to wanting to kill animals with their guns. They will try to have you believe that the meat is healthier. And then when you tell them that the cost is probably 10 times the cost of good beef, they will invent special circumstances for them that make it cheaper.

I've been there. If you haven't then you're not old enough yet.
Actually, I have never hunted a single time in my life.  For several reasons.  Mainly because when I see a beautiful animal living in the wild, my first thought isn't to shoot it.  I think I would feel very bad afterdoing that.  Secondarily because there's always a possibility of wounding the animal and losing track of it so it would suffer before it died. 

I don't discount animal rights activists as nutjobs.  I just prioritize re-securing rights for humans.  Once that is done, I'll be happy to listen to arguments about other mammals having rights.

I eat meat, so I'm not claiming any moral high ground.  I know many hunters and they are very  nice folks.  I would certainly hunt before I let my family go hungry if those were my options. 

But, my guns are not for hunting animals.  They are for preventing tyrants and criminals from violating my right to life and all rights that support my right to life.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:43pm:
But, my guns are not for hunting animals.  They are for preventing tyrants and criminals from violating my right to life and all rights that support my right to life.

Really? Haven't you heard that having guns to protect yourself and your family just increases your chances of getting yourself or your family shot ina burglary?

Or were you more concerned about the Russian coming?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:08pm:
Even most hunters grow out of wanting to hunt and kill animals.
Not in my experience. What I've seen in my lifetime is that hunting is being made into a rich man's sport. More and more, hunters must either own the land they hunt on, or lease someone eles's land, or hunt the King's animals with permission on the King's land.

IOW if you make it expensive and difficult to hunt, fewer people will do it.

The unfortunate part of it is that tax money is often used to hire 'professional' animal killers to come in and kill the animals that hunters weren't allowed to. Large herds of Whitetail deer in the suburbs are destructive and dangerous. Hunting them is forbidden. Paying 'professionals' to kill them is deemed 'better'.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Really? Haven't you heard that having guns to protect yourself and your family just increases your chances of getting yourself or your family shot ina burglary?

Everybody has heard that. Its a way to lie by only talking about part of the reality.

What about the fact that having guns decreases your chance of being burgled? What about the women alone who prevent burglars from raping them by having guns?

My advice to single women and (old people) is to have a pump shotgun and a pistol. If you hear noises in your house that frighten you, rack a shell into the shotgun. If the noises continue, shoot the pistol in a safe direction (which you should think about before hand... if nothing else, a five gallon bucket of dirt can provide a 'safe direction' to shoot).

The chance that a burglar will still be in your house is now vanishingly small.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy