Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . . (Read 501 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Reply #40 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:36am:
Not in my experience. What I've seen in my lifetime is that hunting is being made into a rich man's sport. More and more, hunters must either own the land they hunt on, or lease someone eles's land, or hunt the King's animals with permission on the King's land.

IOW if you make it expensive and difficult to hunt, fewer people will do it.

The unfortunate part of it is that tax money is often used to hire 'professional' animal killers to come in and kill the animals that hunters weren't allowed to. Large herds of Whitetail deer in the suburbs are destructive and dangerous. Hunting them is forbidden. Paying 'professionals' to kill them is deemed 'better'.

Your country is all screwed up in that regard too Jeff. But in fairness, it's mostly due to larger population density where people shooting guns all over the claim is going to result in people being whacked by gungoons. It's different in Canada and you can still go hunting in most areas of the country. I would say that about 99% is still wide open. If gungoons start insisting on stupid rights that infringe on the rights of others, that could be drastically reduced.

Maybe you would be happier living in Canada? Nearly everything you complain about wouldn't be issues for you anymore!
YOu might have to leave you machine guns in the US, but our deer don't pack heat and don't shoot back.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
But in fairness, it's mostly due to larger population density where people shooting guns all over the claim is going to result in people being whacked by gungoons. It's different in Canada and you can still go hunting in most areas of the country.
Canadian hunters can use centerfire rifles to shoot deer in the suburbs of Toronto?

There are practical ways to hunt safely in the suburbs. Bows and arrows is one. Modern crossbows are easy to use and accurate. Just don't shoot toward the houses or playgrounds... But every hunter already knows that. Know the range of your bow, that's important too, and hunters know it. Be sure of your target... Another thing hunters know.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
Canadian hunters can use centerfire rifles to shoot deer in the suburbs of Toronto?

There are practical ways to hunt safely in the suburbs. Bows and arrows is one. Modern crossbows are easy to use and accurate. Just don't shoot toward the houses or playgrounds... But every hunter already knows that. Know the range of your bow, that's important too, and hunters know it. Be sure of your target... Another thing hunters know.

Not the US hunters I've trapped in gun conversations. One insisted he could hit a dime at 6000 yards but eventually he tried to settle with 600 feet. I didn't let him and I settled it at 100 yards tops and maybe. He was using his trusty M94-30/30.

And fwiw, hunters don't know what they have in their hands because those damn statistics again. Dohhhhh! A whole bunch of their children get their hands on their mom's guns and blow themselves away.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Really? Haven't you heard that having guns to protect yourself and your family just increases your chances of getting yourself or your family shot ina (sic)  burglary?
Yes, I've heard that lie many times.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:00pm:
Yes, I've heard that lie many times.

It sort of has to be true burnsred. Burglars don't shoot people when they go to rob a house. And if the homeowner doesn't have a gun .....................

Not a great one to argue with me burnsred! Maybe try your god being the creator?

Actuallly I llked your natural creator. Air, earth, water, carrots, mushrooms, and other assorted wild and super store vegetables, etc.

I have a much better appreciation for intelligent designer mushrooms. 

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:20pm
Print Post  

Quote:
I have a much better appreciation for intelligent designer mushrooms. 
Ah.  That explains a lot.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:08pm:
It sort of has to be true burnsred.
"Sort of has to be"? That's your most compelling argument?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:57pm:
Not the US hunters I've trapped in gun conversations. One insisted he could hit a dime at 6000 yards but eventually he tried to settle with 600 feet. I didn't let him and I settled it at 100 yards tops and maybe. He was using his trusty M94-30/30.

You like being completely ignorant don't you? It's a serious character defect.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
You like being completely ignorant don't you? It's a serious character defect.

I'm doing it mostly for you muricans Jeff. And partly for the rest of the world because I see real danger in Trump doing something really stupid and starting a war with one of the countries that are the Brics.

It cold result in a round of nukes for every country that isn't a small isolated state. And I don't think Canada is going to escape the damage because we've been tied to most of your country's evil barbarism.

The only thing I'm confident won't happen is that N.K., China, or Russia aren't going to start it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
I'm doing it mostly for you muricans Jeff.
Ah, you are pretending to be ignorant... It's very convincing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Was Anyone's First Reaction to the News of the Vegas Shooting . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy