Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico? (Read 120 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Here's what we must not allow them to do... Bail out the people who kept loaning money to a corrupt "leftist" government so that it could reward it's cronies and buy votes to stay in power.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232417

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?

Imo, The US should send over a high-ranking Military person to oversee the relief effort in Puerto Rico.  The US should then send a hospital ship and supply ships loaded with gasoline, diesel, insulin, O2 tanks, potable water, and non-perishable food. (MREs). And a thousand troops to disburse the stuff.

Oh - and rolls of roofing materials, too.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:32am:
Here's what we must not allow them to do... Bail out the people who kept loaning money to a corrupt "leftist" government so that it could reward it's cronies and buy votes to stay in power.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=232417

Your government should do nothing Jeff. It's not up to government to interfere. SkyChief seems to have lost sight of the libertarian agenda. He's advocating the government stealing your tax money to help people who aren't even pure white.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:13pm:
Your government should do nothing Jeff. It's not up to government to interfere. SkyChief seems to have lost sight of the libertarian agenda. He's advocating the government stealing your tax money to help people who aren't even pure white.

The government is not interfering.  All the things I suggested are humanitarian relief to help Puerto Ricans start the re-building process which will likely take many years.

The libertarian agenda demands that the Federal government does not whack the Governor or attempt to affect a regime change. That would be intervention, and it would be wrong.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:33pm:
The government is not interfering.  All the things I suggested are humanitarian relief to help Puerto Ricans start the re-building process which will likely take many years.

The libertarian agenda demands that the Federal government does not whack the Governor or attempt to affect a regime change. That would be intervention, and it would be wrong.

It's not so much in what you suggested should be done, it's the suggestions you made. You've set yourself up as the expert who thinks he understands what is needed and that's just stupid, even though the roofing materials could be a good guess? If they don't have a factory that produces it there and it's not a priority to them.

And then most of all, you are suggesting that the government interfere and spend your tax dollars on Puerto Ricans.

Why the big change in your agenda? Are you feeling compassion for people in Puerto Rico now?

Where's the old position that they should have prepared for this unfortunate event and they wouldn't have to ask for a handout from the US government? Why Chief, they aren't even a state!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:59pm:
It's not so much in what you suggested should be done, it's the suggestions you made. You've set yourself up as the expert who thinks he understands what is needed and that's just stupid, even though the roofing materials could be a good guess? If they don't have a factory that produces it there and it's not a priority to them.

I never said I was an expert.  Jeff simply asked "What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?". And I answered it.   I even prefaced my answer with "IMO".  FYI: that means In My Opinion.

Come down off your high horse, Don_G. The altitude is depriving your brain of O2.

P.S.: I'm glad that you hit me with your go-to ad-hominem.  You're becoming very predictable, and I do appreciate it.    Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:16pm:
I never said I was an expert.  Jeff simply asked "What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?". And I answered it.   I even prefaced my answer with "IMO".  FYI: that means In My Opinion.

Come down off your high horse, Don_G. The altitude is depriving your brain of O2.

P.S.: I'm glad that you hit me with your go-to ad-hominem.  You're becoming very predictable, and I do appreciate it.    Smiley

I didn't say that you said you are an expert. I suggested that you volunteered your opinion on what needs to be done and that was foolish and presumptive of you thinking you were the expert.

You're not, and you're not even in favour of helping people in need with government money. You've just produced some idle words to suit the situation and you're return to your dogmatic pseudo-libertarian thinking in a few days when you think nobody will notice the contradiction.

You're a shallow little man who wears his feelings on his sleeve. That's a useful person to have on a forum such as this where there are a few people who have the intelligence to notice it and cringe at it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
And then most of all, you are suggesting that the government interfere and spend your tax dollars on Puerto Ricans.

You have been told that humanitarian aid is not interference.  You ignore the facts, as usual.  I think I should have a say on how the Tax dollars (that were stolen from me) should be spent.  Is that asking too much?.

Why the big change in your agenda? Are you feeling compassion for people in Puerto Rico now?

I have compassion for all human beings.   Puerto Rico is a territory of the US. We should be compelled to provide humanitarian aid. (IMO)

Where's the old position that they should have prepared for this unfortunate event and they wouldn't have to ask for a handout from the US government? Why Chief, they aren't even a state!

I still have that position.  Puerto Rico is mismanaged and has squandered their money/resources on social entitlements instead of upgrading their infrastructure to be able to withstand a CAT 4 Hurricane.  It's not like Maria was the first hurricane to ever hit the island.

They got caught with their pants down.  The silver lining of all this is, after the re-building is complete, Puerto Rico will be much better suited to survive another CAT 4 hurricane.  Private homes will still be demolished, but the electrical/communication grid will be designed to withstand another Maria (it makes no sense whatsoever to have the electrical grid on poles in a hurricane-prone region - all that stuff should be underground).

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:42pm:
You have been told that humanitarian aid is not interference.  You ignore the facts, as usual.  I think I should have a say on how the Tax dollars (that were stolen from me) should be spent.  Is that asking too much?.

I have compassion for all human beings.   Puerto Rico is a territory of the US. We should be compelled to provide humanitarian aid. (IMO)

I still have that position.  Puerto Rico is mismanaged and has squandered their money/resources on social entitlements instead of upgrading their infrastructure to be able to withstand a CAT 4 Hurricane.  It's not like Maria was the first hurricane to ever hit the island.

They got caught with their pants down.  The silver lining of all this is, after the re-building is complete, Puerto Rico will be much better suited to survive another CAT 4 hurricane.  Private homes will still be demolished, but the electrical/communication grid will be designed to withstand another Maria (it makes no sense whatsoever to have the electrical grid on poles in a hurricane-prone region - all that stuff should be underground).

f--k off. You're a waste of air.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 1:41pm:
I didn't say that you said you are an expert. I suggested that you volunteered your opinion on what needs to be done and that was foolish and presumptive of you thinking you were the expert.

Foolish and presumptive because I simply answered the question of the OP?

Are you high?

You're not, and you're not even in favour of helping people in need with government money. You've just produced some idle words to suit the situation and you're return to your dogmatic pseudo-libertarian thinking in a few days when you think nobody will notice the contradiction.

Not a single word of that is true and you know it.

You're a shallow little man who wears his feelings on his sleeve. That's a useful person to have on a forum such as this where there are a few people who have the intelligence to notice it and cringe at it.

You're just miffed because I tower over you intellectually. I totally understand your frustration.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy