Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico? (Read 199 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 12:13pm:
Your government should do nothing Jeff. It's not up to government to interfere.
I thought that "socially responsible governments" had an obligation to interfere in order to help everyone who needs help? That's one thing you taught me well... Now you do an insane reversal of everything you claim to believe? Cheesy

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 4:26pm:
I thought that "socially responsible governments" had an obligation to interfere in order to help everyone who needs help? That's one thing you taught me well... Now you do an insane reversal of everything you claim to believe? Cheesy

It was sarcasm meant for the intellectually mature members Jeff. Sorry I didn't write a simple version for you.

How about: I am Sam, Sam I am.

It's a book that's written for children to help them before they get like you and turn negative about everything. You're not a lost sole humanity wise. Christian wise, you're burnt toast.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:36pm:
It was sarcasm meant for the intellectually mature members Jeff. Sorry I didn't write a simple version for you.
If you were to write simply enough so that you yourself could understand what you are saying, the rest of us would have no problems. It's your confusion that is the problem.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:06pm:
If you were to write simply enough so that you yourself could understand what you are saying, the rest of us would have no problems. It's your confusion that is the problem.

I'll take that seriously and think on it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Yesterday, [oct 3rd] Trump visited Puerto Rico to survey the damage left by hurricane Maria.  The visit was long overdue.   Hey - better late than never!

“He was insulting to the people of Puerto Rico,” Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz said Tuesday night on MSNBC hours after meeting Trump face-to-face at a briefing with Puerto Rican leaders and the president. Beyond the briefing, Trump also toured damaged areas and helped distribute supplies, flicking paper towels into a crowd with the motion of a jump shot in basketball. All of it, Cruz said, was disingenuous.

On his way out of the White House on Tuesday morning, Trump said Cruz had “come back a long way” toward approving the federal government response, which he continued to describe as excellent. Wednesday morning, Trump wrote that he had spent a “a great day in Puerto Rico yesterday,” adding that “while some of the news coverage is Fake, most showed great warmth and friendship.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/04/trump-puerto-rico-visit-mayor-reacts-24...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:33pm:
Yesterday, [oct 3rd] Trump visited Puerto Rico to survey the damage left by hurricane Maria.  The visit was long overdue.   Hey - better late than never!

“He was insulting to the people of Puerto Rico,” Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz said Tuesday night on MSNBC hours after meeting Trump face-to-face at a briefing with Puerto Rican leaders and the president. Beyond the briefing, Trump also toured damaged areas and helped distribute supplies, flicking paper towels into a crowd with the motion of a jump shot in basketball. All of it, Cruz said, was disingenuous.

On his way out of the White House on Tuesday morning, Trump said Cruz had “come back a long way” toward approving the federal government response, which he continued to describe as excellent. Wednesday morning, Trump wrote that he had spent a “a great day in Puerto Rico yesterday,” adding that “while some of the news coverage is Fake, most showed great warmth and friendship.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/04/trump-puerto-rico-visit-mayor-reacts-24...

You should have also mentioned his pantomine:

It went something like this: Hurrican Katrina was a real disaster. This is a real bad situation and it's very bad, and so on.

He's a very sick individual who is cheering his lowlife supporters on with his mixed up messages. Are there really that many Americans who don't understand that? Of is it something to do with revenge for foisting a black president on them? Will they ever consider they have got even?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
He's a very sick individual who is cheering his lowlife supporters on with his mixed up messages. Are there really that many Americans who don't understand that?

I think there are many Americans who don't understand that. Probably around half.

49% of Americans don't even know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens. Im ashamed to admit that until a week ago, I was one of them.  Trump went out on a limb to suggest that Puerto Rico's $70+ Billion debt should be forgiven - basically saying there's no way they can make good on their obligations:

"They [Puerto Rico] owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we're going to have to wipe that out. You're going to say goodbye to that, I don't know if it's Goldman Sachs, but whoever it is, you can wave goodbye to that." - - Donald Trump, Oct. 2nd 2017

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 4:34pm:
I think there are many Americans who don't understand that. Probably around half.

49% of Americans don't even know that Puerto Ricans are US citizens. Im ashamed to admit that until a week ago, I was one of them.  Trump went out on a limb to suggest that Puerto Rico's $70+ Billion debt should be forgiven - basically saying there's no way they can make good on their obligations:

"They [Puerto Rico] owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we're going to have to wipe that out. You're going to say goodbye to that, I don't know if it's Goldman Sachs, but whoever it is, you can wave goodbye to that." - - Donald Trump, Oct. 2nd 2017
He want's productive Americans to bail out the fools who invested in Puerto Rico's corrupt crony "socially responsible government". Lots of them were rich banks and rich bankers and their cronies...

Why should we pay for their incredibly bad investment decisions? Tradition? Serfs always pay when the Rulers crappity smack up?

Edit: Sorry, I jumped ahead.

Congress will bail them out somehow and we will pay because Trump won't veto it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
He want's productive Americans to bail out the fools who invested in Puerto Rico's corrupt crony "socially responsible government". Lots of them were rich banks and rich bankers and their cronies...

Why should we pay for their incredibly bad investment decisions? Tradition? Serfs always pay when the Rulers crappity smack up?

Edit: Sorry, I jumped ahead.

Congress will bail them out somehow and we will pay because Trump won't veto it.

Ugh.  I totally did not connect those dots.  That's obviously what Trump wants - for taxpayers to cover Puerto Rico's debt obligations.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
Ugh.  I totally did not connect those dots.  That's obviously what Trump wants - for taxpayers to cover Puerto Rico's debt obligations.
I bet Unions are heavily invested in Puerto Rico's corrupt government, and that Union Cronies spent lots of vacations in the areas of Puerto Rico reserved for the rich and famous... That's another powerful lobby for all sorts of bailouts. Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Will/Should our government do to Help Puerto Rico?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy