Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is (Read 1851 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Reply #160 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:29am:
Right.  Where are the good cops?  They aren't speaking up in cases like the nurse arrest.  They stood there with thumbs up their butts while an out of control detective assaulted and kidnapped a health care provider doing her job.  I'm thinking you just ignore my links, but in case you do bother with them take a look a this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-zwmHAZ5Kk

Which one is the good cop?  Officer "because I said so!" or the one who stood there with her hands in the pockets of her very clean uniform while her partner yelled at and whined to a rescue volunteer?

I'll be polite and cooperate with all legal requests.  What I won't do is play along with them breaking the law when they are paid to enforce the law. 

That's exactly right.  But the effect is felt by citizens at the lower levels, not in the halls of congress, the governor's mansions or even in the roll call room of the police station.  Citizens feel the effect of intrusive government in an encounter with police or with an IRS auditor or with a clerk at the DMV.  That's the place to stand up to government arrogance, because making a complaint is useless once the event is over.

America's cops that come cheap, as we've discussed in the past, are usually going to come complete with their Gestapo attitudes.

Careful screening of applicants for a police force in very necessary and then paying them the high wages they're worth.

The right to work states will have the most trouble with their police force most likely. They've found a mechanism to prevent workers from demanding high wages.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #161 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Right.  Where are the good cops?

I suppose you agree with the Donat that they are all in Canada?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #162 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
I'll be polite and cooperate with all legal requests.  What I won't do is play along with them breaking the law when they are paid to enforce the law. 

That's exactly right.  But the effect is felt by citizens at the lower levels, not in the halls of congress, the governor's mansions or even in the roll call room of the police station.  Citizens feel the effect of intrusive government in an encounter with police or with an IRS auditor or with a clerk at the DMV.  That's the place to stand up to government arrogance, because making a complaint is useless once the event is over.

Go for it. Best of luck. Fight the cops in the streets... What a great plan!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #163 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:13pm:
Go for it. Best of luck. Fight the cops in the streets... What a great plan!

The basis for all his extremism is obviously his resentment for authority. I think that goes deeper than just for the police.

At least it keeps the two of you off the streets for a while!

IP Logged

AlayneLeung
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #164 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
How do you each feel about person(s), that have mental illness(es) riding with cops, to use handcuffs to arrest violent persons while said cops oversee said person(s)? Maybe that guy that was recently shot by that cop would still be alive if a person, that has a mental illness, had put handcuffs on him while that cop was overseeing them?

Also, about ending arrests and fines for "disorderly conduct": that will reduce prejudices because arresting or fining persons for "disorderly conduct" because that has been used to continue Caucasian-Americans supremacy because African-Americans sometimes have Afro hairstyles that aren't orderly formationed and Asian-Americans have eyelids that are sometimes not like Caucasian-Americans.

And how do you feel about cops being required to wear brightly colorful uniforms like the Civilian Guidance Corps of the Draconis Combine? Make that many brightly colors on cops' uniforms.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #165 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:48pm:
How do you each feel about person(s), that have mental illness(es) riding with cops, to use handcuffs to arrest violent persons while said cops oversee said person(s)? Maybe that guy that was recently shot by that cop would still be alive if a person, that has a mental illness, had put handcuffs on him while that cop was overseeing them?

This is a great idea.  Expect a mentally ill person with absolutely no police training to subdue and arrest violent criminals... 

What could possibly go wrong?   Cheesy

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #166 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:24pm:
This is a great idea.  Expect a mentally ill person with absolutely no police training to subdue and arrest violent criminals... 

What could possibly go wrong?   Cheesy

Smiley

I'm wiffing on how that's a good idea as well

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #167 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
Smiley

I'm wiffing...
That's obvious. You can't even hang with the conversation we were having... Alas for you...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #168 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
That's obvious. You can't even hang with the conversation we were having... Alas for you...

Did you just open a can of snotty?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #169 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
Did you just open a can of snotty?
Glad to see you back in the conversation...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy