Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is (Read 3139 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Reply #170 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
Glad to see you back in the conversation...

Being snotty is a great way for you to show that.

Well, you pushed me over the edge of tired of the kiddie table.  Don owes you props

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #171 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:31pm:
Being snotty is a great way for you to show that.

Well, you pushed me over the edge of tired of the kiddie table.  Don owes you props

You 'are' the kiddie table piglet.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #172 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:44pm:
America's cops that come cheap, as we've discussed in the past, are usually going to come complete with their Gestapo attitudes.

Careful screening of applicants for a police force in very necessary and then paying them the high wages they're worth.
We should raise the education requirements for police and pay them more.  That will be feasible once we put them on real criminals and stop having the running prostitution stings and checking window tint.

Quote:
The right to work states will have the most trouble with their police force most likely. They've found a mechanism to prevent workers from demanding high wages.

Oh, that's what you think right to work laws say?  No wonder you don't like them.  Police are not at all prohibited from asking, demanding, requiring, etc. whatever salary they think is fair. 

No, right to work laws only prevent unions from forcing workers to join.  Happy to clear that up for you.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #173 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 10:14am:
We should raise the education requirements for police and pay them more.  That will be feasible once we put them on real criminals and stop having the running prostitution stings and checking window tint.

I can't disagree with any of that in principle. I just suspect that our motive is not honest. Your rightist bent causes me to think that prostitution would be near the top of your list of crimes that need to be dealt with. Killing of children with guns near the bottom. The left right divide is discernible and well defined now.

Quote:
Oh, that's what you think right to work laws say?  No wonder you don't like them.  Police are not at all prohibited from asking, demanding, requiring, etc. whatever salary they think is fair. 

True. Anybody can ask for a fair wage but demanding a fair wage and getting it depends largely on the free market. The market generally brings to you what you are worth. If government interferes with the maket, the whole system becomes broken. 

Quote:
No, right to work laws only prevent unions from forcing workers to join.  Happy to clear that up for you.

I disagree. Maybe this forum is ready for a thorough discussion on right to work laws? I've seen some evidence of some lights coming on in a few people's heads. While people like you demonstrate the fear of a thorough discussion on progressive ideas.

Maybe I'll give it a try with a new topic soon?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #174 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
I can't disagree with any of that in principle. I just suspect that our motive is not honest. Your rightist bent causes me to think that prostitution would be near the top of your list of crimes that need to be dealt with. Killing of children with guns near the bottom. The left right divide is discernible and well defined now.

So you still insist on arguing against what you wish me to be instead of what I actually am?  I can't blame you.  You're having no success at all arguing against my actual positions.

Quote:
True. Anybody can ask for a fair wage but demanding a fair wage and getting it depends largely on the free market. The market generally brings to you what you are worth. If government interferes with the maket, the whole system becomes broken. 
Well, yeah.

Quote:
I disagree. Maybe this forum is ready for a thorough discussion on to work laws? I've seen some evidence of some lights coming on in a few people's heads. While people like you demonstrate the fear of a thorough discussion on progressive ideas.

Maybe I'll give it a try with a new topic soon?
Sure, Don. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #175 - Dec 17th, 2017 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 17th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
So you still insist on arguing against what you wish me to be instead of what I actually am?  I can't blame you.  You're having no success at all arguing against my actual positions. Jeff wants to agree with you but he can't. Others will read!

Well, yeah.

Sure, Don. 

I don't think I'll ever crack through your beliefs and actual positions. But you will be of much use as the example that these pseudo-libertarians will disagree with. Your arguments in favour of the south being permitted to keep their slaves will cause them to keep some safe distance from your ideas.

You really should have stayed with the extreme right teabagger movement.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #176 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
You 'are' the kiddie table piglet.

How PeeWee Herman of you, playground denizen:

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #177 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Federal law personnel, such as (but not limited to) the FBI and Secret Service, should have a PhD of laws and how they're applied.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #178 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:35am:
Federal law personnel, such as (but not limited to) the FBI and Secret Service, should have a PhD of laws and how they're applied.

What does a "PhD of laws" mean exactly?

I suspect that law enforcement could benefit from a diverse set of backgrounds including educational.   Likely all they really need is the equivalent of an associates degree that teaches basic investigative technique and the legal framework relative to the rights of citizens under investigation.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #179 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:02pm:
What does a "PhD of laws" mean exactly?

I suspect that law enforcement could benefit from a diverse set of backgrounds including educational.   Likely all they really need is the equivalent of an associates degree that teaches basic investigative technique and the legal framework relative to the rights of citizens under investigation. 

There's too much pushback by Trump and his supporters to let that which you suggest start to happen. I think that people like you are the best hope but you're not speaking out loud enough.

Even so, there's been a noticable change in your attitude since I've been reading your opinions. 'That' could be due to pushback against Trump.

I hope I've had some influence?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy