Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is (Read 3984 times)
ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Reply #180 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I hope I've had some influence?

Its unlikely.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #181 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:12pm:
Its unlikely.

I'm o.k. with that. I said it with reservations on knowing I would get that sort of reply. But I said it knowing that no denial would be worse.

You've even expressed sorrow with having to agree with me. I think you're basically a good person at heart but you need to clear away the false patriotism that's been promoted in all Americans. That's the hold you need to break that government has on you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #182 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 12:02pm:
What does a "PhD of laws" mean exactly?

I suspect that law enforcement could benefit from a diverse set of backgrounds including educational.   Likely all they really need is the equivalent of an associates degree that teaches basic investigative technique and the legal framework relative to the rights of citizens under investigation. 
I agree, although High School civics should be enough to understand rights.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #183 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
I agree, although High School civics should be enough to understand rights.

The conversation has strayed off. It's mostly about a correct attitude in police officers and ahhell had started it off that way.

Therein lies the key! But for people like Trump's supporters, a totally different attitude would be the requirements to be promoted.

That is, shoot the black person and answer questions as to why later.

I think you know that's the debate you should be having with burnsred, even though he would say otherwise. If you use your head you can trick burnsred into supporting that kind of extremism.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #184 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The conversation has strayed off. It's mostly about a correct attitude in police officers and ahhell had started it off that way.

And anyone who learned what we were taught in civics class would know about individual rights and the limits of government power, which is what police need to know.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #185 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:20pm:
And anyone who learned what we were taught in civics class would know about individual rights and the limits of government power, which is what police need to know.

True enough but not as important in my opinion as promoting the right attitude in police officers.

You've failed to comment on the difference in the attitude being promoted in Trump's supporters and what I refer to as the right attitude. I think I made it pretty clear and so you can reject it or accept it.

If you want to continue a discussion then don't go off. That will end it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #186 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
True enough but not as important in my opinion as promoting the right attitude in police officers.
Sometimes they get grumpy when they have to work in places where they get shot at and/or everybody runs away and all they are left with is dead bodies of people murdered by the local gangs. Who could blame them?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #187 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:56pm:
Sometimes they get grumpy when they have to work in places where they get shot at and/or everybody runs away and all they are left with is dead bodies of people murdered by the local gangs. Who could blame them?

The local gangs! That's talking about what is in your country, not what could be.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #188 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The local gangs! That's talking about what is in your country, not what could be.
Yes, yes, and libertarians are always pointing out that unconstitutional drug laws are the primary cause of the gang warfare and that "Great Society" programs that created inner city ghettos and destroyed families are probably just as much at fault.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #189 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That is, shoot the black person and answer questions as to why later.
This is a bit of a false narrative, the attitude they have is shoot the suspect first then look for excuses later.  The reason it appears as though its shoot the black person first is because they tend to interact with black people at higher rates. 

Its a hard job to maintain a good attitude in.  In the best of circumstances, nobody is happy to see the police.  Its a situation that lends its self to an us vs them attitude and a job that attracts bullies.  We do need to fix that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy