Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is (Read 2724 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Reply #190 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
This is a bit of a false narrative, the attitude they have is shoot the suspect first then look for excuses later.  The reason it appears as though its shoot the black person first is because they tend to interact with black people at higher rates.

I agree with you. But it still calls for a closer look. I think you're the one to do that with.  

Quote:
Its a hard job to maintain a good attitude in.  In the best of circumstances, nobody is happy to see the police.  Its a situation that lends its self to an us vs them attitude and a job that attracts bullies.  We do need to fix that.

Very sensible approach of course. And another incomplete discussion.

I have to try to not alienate you in a discussion in which I must make comparisons between two countries but I hope you can understand that making comparisons on that which 'is' and that which 'can be' seems to be necessary.

In Canada there are far fewer black people. But I would say that of recently there has become more oriental or Asian people than in the US per capita.

That's a new situation that is currently developing but not in a negative way as far as I can see overall. IN minor ways, yes.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #191 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
I have to try to not alienate you in a discussion in which I must make comparisons between two countries...
You think police in New Jersey should be somehow different from police in Kalifornia?

How?

Why?

The fact is that any child who has been taught responsibility and respect for others would make at least a respectable Policeman.

Once again, we will be forced to revisit "progressive" methods of "education"...

What a drag...

Go ahead though, suit yourself, tell us how "educating" children to be irresponsible and respect only themselves is a good idea.

I dare you.

I have the latest information about the most worrisome failure of "progressive" education to date.

Ask me about it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #192 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hey, a question, what happens when children who have no respect for others and feel no personal responsibility for anything they do grow up to become Police?

Then you put them in a union that protects their irresponsible acts and rewards them no matter how irresponsible they are?

This is what the implementation of "progressive" ideas produces, anywhere and everywhere it might be implemented: irresponsible Police who feel entitled and who never learned to respect the rights of others.

"Progressives" promised this would work out well.

Now that it hasn't, they blame freedom.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #193 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Hey, a question, what happens when children who have no respect for others and feel no personal responsibility for anything they do grow up to become Police?

Then you put them in a union that protects their irresponsible acts and rewards them no matter how irresponsible they are?

This is what the implementation of "progressive" ideas produces, anywhere and everywhere it might be implemented: irresponsible Police who feel entitled and who never learned to respect the rights of others.

First you outright and unconditionallly exclude over-privlileged  right wingnuts from becoming cops. It's only going to lead to trouble and racist demonstrations of using extreme force against black people.

None of the rightists are suitable for putting in positions of authority, as has been demonstrated by Jeff and burnsred.

If the regressive right could be gotten rid of and only progressive governments ruled in the US, the problem would take care of itself in 20 or 30 years when bad cops are killed off.

In the meantime, you Americans will just have to live with your completely fukked up country. You can still bitch and complain though!

This is tough love now Jeff and it doesn't mean that I've stopped craving your sweet ass.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #194 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
First you outright and unconditionallly exclude over-privlileged  right wingnuts from becoming cops.
Piss off you lying sack of shit.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #195 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 5:23pm:

I had never thought of that.  I guess I tend to stereotype police as people who were raised in conservative homes where they learned that respect is earned and the first step in earning respect is to know how to give it to others and who were raised to understand that we are a nation of laws, not men.  That is the way most of my generation was raised and I have always assumed that police would never come from the few who were not.

But I think you are correct.  I forget that at my age, most police officers, like my doctors and my lawyer, are actually of the next generation.  The reason that police act the way they do is that many of them started by being raised on "Happy Peppy Nobody Loses Soccer" and then grew up thinking that not having an unlimited data plan for their iphone was child abuse.  So of course, when they flunk out of even today's junior colleges disguised as major universities, they go for a job that requires sixty college hours but does not require a degree and pays them to drive around like uber drivers while getting free meals and coffee as they go. 

Too many of them are over-age kids who are taught by their law enforcement peers that a gun and badge mean that they are never to hear the word "no."

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #196 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
I had never thought of that.  I guess I tend to stereotype police as people who were raised in conservative homes where they learned that respect is earned and the first step in earning respect is to know how to give it to others and who were raised to understand that we are a nation of laws, not men.  That is the way most of my generation was raised and I have always assumed that police would never come from the few who were not.

But I think you are correct.  I forget that at my age, most police officers, like my doctors and my lawyer, are actually of the next generation.  The reason that police act the way they do is that many of them started by being raised on "Happy Peppy Nobody Loses Soccer" and then grew up thinking that not having an unlimited data plan for their iphone was child abuse.  So of course, when they flunk out of even today's junior colleges disguised as major universities, they go for a job that requires sixty college hours but does not require a degree and pays them to drive around like uber drivers while getting free meals and coffee as they go. 

Too many of them are over-age kids who are taught by their law enforcement peers that a gun and badge mean that they are never to hear the word "no."

There are a lot of things that worry me for the same reason. The people who are currently in charge of my branch bank appear to be the same sort of people.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #197 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
A PhD of laws would be voted on by Congress or Progress.  Yeah, many laws have been passed, so huge PhD would be difficult to vote upon.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #198 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 19th, 2018 at 11:49am:
A PhD of laws would be voted on by Congress or Progress.  Yeah, many laws have been passed, so huge PhD would be difficult to vote upon.

What the hell are you talking about?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #199 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
A PhD of laws (local, state, federal, Constitution, international, interstellar, intergalactic, universal, interuniversal) would have to be reviewed by Congress.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ok, HERE's What Libertarian Police Work is
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy