Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Banning Bump Stocks is a Waste of Time
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Why Banning Bump Stocks is a Waste of Time (Read 283 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Why Banning Bump Stocks is a Waste of Time
Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY

Anyone with enough snap to install one would have enough to do this instead.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why Banning Bump Stocks is a Waste of Time
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:35pm:

Excellent! That video should be posted everywhere you can manage so deer hunters will know how to do it.

The only thing is, it somewhat compromises accuracy so it would probably now the best method for a killer who wants to go for the record.

IP Logged

Crystallas

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:35pm:

You're expecting people who know nothing about guns and believe magical laws prevent bad things to understand nature and mechanics.

BTW, there is en even easier method to get automatic fire out of nearly every single modern rifle in circulation. There's an easier method to use pistols to do similar.

I was a weapons expert in the army, and it's just funny to see gun control people make these odd suggestions and try to talk their way out of embarrassment. But of course, I must be a gun nut, and just brush folk like me aside instead of learning stuff Smiley Willful ignorance in the end. All of which is energy best spent trying to go out and help people, love your fellow man, not sabotage lives and troll the internet.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Crystallas wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:16pm:
You're expecting people who know nothing about guns and believe magical laws prevent bad things to understand nature and mechanics.

BTW, there is en even easier method to get automatic fire out of nearly every single modern rifle in circulation. There's an easier method to use pistols to do similar.

I was a weapons expert in the army, and it's just funny to see gun control people make these odd suggestions and try to talk their way out of embarrassment. But of course, I must be a gun nut, and just brush folk like me aside instead of learning stuff Smiley Willful ignorance in the end. All of which is energy best spent trying to go out and help people, love your fellow man, not sabotage lives and troll the internet.

You don't seem to be a gun nut because you didn't reveal the method to convert a semi-automatic into a full automatic.

I've never looked it up even though I know the secret. Perhaps it's not there on google because some people wanted to demonstrate social responsibility by not pushing it to gun  nuts.

Quote:
All of which is energy best spent trying to go out and help people, love your fellow man, not sabotage lives and troll the internet.

Such a good idea for an American!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:22am
Print Post  
When they ban bump stocks, I have a new idea for simulating automatic fire:   It involves a DC motor mechanism which is clamped on to the existing trigger assembly so that when the actuator is depressed, a stepped rotor hits the trigger 8 times per second.

Achieving the fire rate of 480 rounds/minute - virtually the same as the bump-fire stock.

As of right now, this mod is completely legal.

The Antifas would be better off just repealing the 2nd Amendment. - a 2/3 vote is all that's needed.  How hard is that?  They just need to outlaw evil. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 7:34am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:22am:
When they ban bump stocks, I have a new idea for simulating automatic fire:   It involves a DC motor mechanism which is clamped on to the existing trigger assembly so that when the actuator is depressed, a stepped rotor hits the trigger 8 times per second.

Achieving the fire rate of 480 rounds/minute - virtually the same as the bump-fire stock.

As of right now, this mod is completely legal.

The Antifas would be better off just repealing the 2nd Amendment. - a 2/3 vote is all that's needed.  How hard is that?  They just need to outlaw evil. 

Have "Helfire" devices (probably a trademarked name) been banned?

Evil acts in general are what have been made into specific crimes. Not enforcing criminal laws is a problem. Repeatedly releasing violent felons is a major cause of high crime rates.

The Right of self defense is not dependent on the 2nd Amendment. It predates the Constitution by millennia and won't cease to exist if the 2nd Amendment is removed from the Constitution.

The proper question remains, where is our government given any authority to prevent us from defending our lives (and families) Liberty and property? The answer is, they have no such authority.

Edit: A device such as you describe produces automatic fire. It would turn a semiautomatic firearm into an automatic. I'm pretty sure altering firearms to make them automatic is broadly illegal.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 7:34am:
Edit: A device such as you describe produces automatic fire. It would turn a semiautomatic firearm into an automatic. I'm pretty sure altering firearms to make them automatic is broadly illegal.

I'm pretty sure they're not right now. The bumpfire stocks aren't illegal in some states. Maybe all states? Ask the Chief.
So if Feinstein succeeds then deer hunters would be able to use different mechanisms to accomplish the same thing. That is, unless your congress 'broadly' outlawed them all and deer hunters wouldn't agree to that without a fight. The Chief's already digging in for a fight!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 7:34am:
A device such as you describe produces automatic fire. It would turn a semiautomatic firearm into an automatic. I'm pretty sure altering firearms to make them automatic is broadly illegal.

Ok. take away the DC motor.  Replace with a small hand-operated crank connected to a cam which rotates and hits the trigger.  The faster the hand crank is turned, the faster the rate of fire.

That's not automatic because it requires the shooter to use muscle/dexterity to achieve rate of fire.

A skilled shooter can achieve 180 rounds/minute (3 rounds/sec) with just his/her finger - Ive seen it done.  (Of course, accuracy goes down considerably when shooting this fast)

The point is, they can ban bump-stocks, but there will always be some method of increasing the rate of fire of semi-auto weapons. 

They should just repeal the 2nd Amendment and confiscate all weapons from law-abiding citizens.  Then only crazed murderers will have guns.  But then it will cost 5 grand for a revolver, 10 grand for a semi-auto pistol, and 15 grand for an AR. And ammo will cost 2 bucks/round.  Target practice will be very expensive!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Ok. take away the DC motor.  Replace with a small hand-operated crank connected to a cam which rotates and hits the trigger.
Yes, the "Hellfire" device I mentioned. The difference is the involvement of your hand and the necessity for repeated motions by you. Pushing a button or holding a switch and having your firearm continue to fire is automatic fire. Having to keep cranking a crank is not, that's semi-automatic.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
The point is, they can ban bump-stocks, but there will always be some method of increasing the rate of fire of semi-auto weapons. 

People currently illegally make, sell and buy parts that will convert a variety of weapons to full automatic. It's not a big market. Machine guns are not the guns of choice of criminals and haven't been for a long time.

Drug cartels like them though!

Let's talk about why there are drug cartels...

Sorry, that's off topic.

Will terrorists find ways to murder people in order to cause terror to take over people's minds? Yes.

Edit: Did Cloward and Pivens have a chapter on that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Banning Bump Stocks is a Waste of Time
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy