Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive that the Right to Bear Arms is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive that the Right to Bear Arms is "Endowed by Our Creator" (Read 839 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive that the Right to Bear Arms is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Reply #20 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
The Texas National Guard wears uniforms that say "U.S. ARMY" and the are completely controlled by the federal government...
Only by agreement of the State of Texas' government. Not my fault.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's like you saying your mom 'created' an apple pie.
She did.  Many times.  What's your point?

Edited:
You see, animals weren't created with self-defense mechanisms. They aquired them through the process of Darwinian evolution..

How did they survive long enough to do that?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Texas National Guard wears uniforms that say "U.S. ARMY" and the are completely controlled by the federal government....

Only by agreement of the State of Texas' government. Not my fault.
Not laying blame, Jeff. 

It's not just Texas.  The various "State National Guards" are in fact another form of reserve unit that can be called out any time by the president with state governors having no say in it.  States provide some funding for "their" national guards and they are "allowed" to call them out when the president isn't using them.  That's no militia at all in the libertarian sense of the word.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:30pm:
She did.  Many times.  What's your point?

Edited:
You see, animals weren't created with self-defense mechanisms. They aquired them through the process of Darwinian evolution..

'Now' you're asking simple questions?? From what you've said in other discussions you must know very well how primitive animals survived. Are you and Jeff now trying to suggest that say horses for instance, were created as modern day horses?

If so the Dawkins' book you should have started with is 'The Ancestor's Tale'.

I think it was written especially for American teens who are recovering Christians.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bursnred:

She (my mom) did (create an apple pie).  Many times.  What's your point?

Don_G:

Burnsred:

Don_G:

'Now' you're asking simple questions?? From what you've said in other discussions you must know very well how primitive animals survived. Are you and Jeff now trying to suggest that say horses for instance, were created as modern day horses?

If so the Dawkins' book you should have started with is 'The Ancestor's Tale'.

I think it was written especially for American teens who are recovering Christians.
That was a lot of words to say "I don't know."

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
That was a lot of words to say "I don't know."

Simple answer: 'they' didn't survive because they weren't they. This isn't complicated burnsred.

When Do you get to the punchline that involves this imaginary creator you're trying to invent?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:25pm:
Simple answer: 'they' didn't survive because they weren't they. This isn't complicated burnsred.

When Do you get to the punchline that involves this imaginary creator you're trying to invent?
Can't you provide some counter arguments? I know the 'science' you believe says it's all accidental... What's that to me?

If a right to self defense was not created 'accidentally' as a survival mechanism, and the right to use increasingly effective defense technology that was created by humans was not also an 'accidental' occurrence... or whether there was intent behind them, it seems obvious that those Rights exist.

But you say no, people had to wait around until they had created "government" so that government could grant them such 'rights'?

Where could the power of government to either grant or withhold the privilege of defending yourself with the best available technology have come from?

You seem to be arguing from the premises of the law of the jungle and nothing else... "Government" has the 'right' to defend itself with guns and also the 'right' to deny anyone not of "government" the same privilege? Because government has the power to do so?

It's a shame you can't understand the idea of America...

BTW, burnsred seems to believe that human beings were created by natural processes without the intervention of any sort of God or gods. Lots of people believe that. Don't hold you breath waiting for him to imagine a Creator for you.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Simple answer: 'they' didn't survive because they weren't they.
"They" was your word.

If a species survived before it had self-defense mechanisms, that species could not have had natural predators.  If it had no predators, there would have been no reason for that species to develop self-defense mechanism.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:27am:
Can't you provide some counter arguments? I know the 'science' you believe says it's all accidental... What's that to me?

If a right to self defense was not created 'accidentally' as a survival mechanism, and the right to use increasingly effective defense technology that was created by humans was not also an 'accidental' occurrence... or whether there was intent behind them, it seems obvious that those Rights exist.

But you say no, people had to wait around until they had created "government" so that government could grant them such 'rights'?

Where could the power of government to either grant or withhold the privilege of defending yourself with the best available technology have come from?

You seem to be arguing from the premises of the law of the jungle and nothing else... "Government" has the 'right' to defend itself with guns and also the 'right' to deny anyone not of "government" the same privilege? Because government has the power to do so?

It's a shame you can't understand the idea of America...

BTW, burnsred seems to believe that human beings were created by natural processes without the intervention of any sort of God or gods. Lots of people believe that. Don't hold you breath waiting for him to imagine a Creator for you.

Dawkins', The Selfish Gene' explains it all about animals learning to defend themselves Jeff. It happened even before mammals appeared on the earth.

If you want to debate from the position of accepting science then the answer is easy for you to accept. If you bring faith into it then you are debated from an irrational position.

I won't do that with you because it would lead nowhere. You have your answer, you just need to leave your faith in your church to understand it.

As for burnsred, he's playing some kind of game with his 'creator' facade. He's been asked if he accepts Darwinian evolution and he refuses to say yes.

I'll ask you the same question and then we can move on.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As for burnsred, he's playing some kind of game with his 'creator' facade. He's been asked if he accepts Darwinian evolution and he refuses to say yes.
I believe I said that natural selection is the most scientific of all the ideas about the origin of species when I talked about what "our creator" might mean to different people.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive that the Right to Bear Arms is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy