Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The First I Heard about the Las Vegas Shooter
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The First I Heard about the Las Vegas Shooter (Read 380 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The First I Heard about the Las Vegas Shooter
Oct 6th, 2017 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
Was at about 6:00 AM on Monday.  The news on the radio, both NPR and AM radio reported that law-enforcement had announced that the shooter acted alone.  Now the shooting happened at about 10 PM Sunday night so in less than eight hours, hours of darkness, the police somehow managed to make that determination that a man in his sixties had schlepped more than thirty rifles high up in a Las Vegas hotel, guns which were not noticed by housekeeping or anyone else and then used them to mow down more than fifty people.

I'm not saying that it's impossible.  It may well turn out to be the exact truth.  I'm just saying that a blind man can see that the government gave out the standard story - another crazy loner with too much access to guns - with almost no real investigation. 

Their motivation is just as obvious:  They are  hoping that the standard story sticks in the public mind by virtue of being the only story available (thanks to stonewalling after making the initial assertion). 

From now on any claims that he acted with help will fall into the category of conspiracy theory, which by definition it is.  It will be looked at as revisionist history, with  the burden of proof shifting to those using Ocham's Razor to believe the most obvious explanation.

Because the government controls the evidence and the crime scene and will be first to talk to any witness, the real truth may never come out.  Even if the "lone nut" theory is the real truth, we will never be able to verity it with any reliability.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The First I Heard about the Las Vegas Shooter
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
A number of possible explanations fit what I think we know, but the lone-nut one is a little problematic. 

The most likely scenario seems to be that he was involved in a 'fast and furious' type gun running scheme in which someone (maybe the targets of the operation) decided to off him.  Not going to type out all the thinking behind that.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The most likely scenario seems to be that he was involved in a 'fast and furious' type gun running scheme in which someone (maybe the targets of the operation) decided to off him.  Not going to type out all the thinking behind that.
Without even knowing the thinking behind it, that theory seems at least as likely as the lone nut.  In fact, demonstrably more likely since it wouldn't require a man of advanced age to do so much hard physical labor.  Under the "lone nut" theory, he either was able to carry multiple rifles at one trip into a hotel unobserved, or he made more than thirty individual trips unobserved.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 9:34pm:

The BATFE (or FBI or CIA) provided him with the guns so he could sell them out of his hotel room to Vegas mobsters, thus proving that Vegas mobsters get their guns from America?

There is (was?) a video pretty clearly showing another shooter on a much lower floor.

I have a friend who thinks it was a 'false flag' attack designed to rally sentiment for disarming all law abiding Americans... In which case the hotel the shooter was in will probably catch fire and collapse any day now, unfortunately destroying all the evidence.

Edit: My apologies in advance, I don't even know if there are mobsters in Vegas.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Quote:
Edit: My apologies in advance, I don't even know if there are mobsters in Vegas.
That's OK.  The government didn't know if there were Mexican drug cartels in Tuscon, Arizona but that didn't stop them from selling those cartels weapons that they were trying to ban American citizens from buying.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:25am:
That's OK.  The government didn't know if there were Mexican drug cartels in Tuscon, Arizona but that didn't stop them from selling those cartels weapons that they were trying to ban American citizens from buying.
Does that mean you too think it was a false flag attack?

Did the government ever find the front door from David Koresh's house? That key piece of evidence that they lost?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
The latest news is, there isn't any. We can probably expect that to continue? Have we already moved on from that?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 5:05pm:
The latest news is, there isn't any. We can probably expect that to continue? Have we already moved on from that?

I read somewhere today that the shooting is no big deal because there has already been over 400 Americans shot dead since it happened. fuggetaboutit.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
I read somewhere today that the shooting is no big deal because there has already been over 400 Americans shot dead since it happened. fuggetaboutit.
Move On?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I'm not a fan of Ann Coulter, but occasionally she says things I agree with.

Here's one on this topic-

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2017-10-11.html

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The First I Heard about the Las Vegas Shooter
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy