Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator" (Read 1986 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Again, we look at nature for this.  For purposes of this explanation, "our creator" could be the forces of nature, an intelligent designer of unknown description or a ghostly, bearded, man in the sky.  Doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are.  We were created and we were created with the right to free speech.

How to know this?  Look at the "lower" animals.  Almost all of them have some means of expressing themselves,  They express fear, spread alarm, call for mates and mark territory using primarily auditory and visual displays.   Nothing or no one ever attempts to stop them from exercising that ability unless they are trying to stop them from living or stop them from reproducing. 

So if we have a right to live and reproduce, we have a right to express ourselves.  If any government questions our right to express ourselves, you can bet that they are at least skeptical of our right to live.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:52pm by burnsred »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive the Right to Free Spee is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
The lizard always claimed to want to learn the things that you are talking about... But he is absent from the conversation.

In truth, I hope all this sort of talk makes it consider suicide. That would be better than having it work it's evil on the world.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
Again, we look at nature for this.  For purposes of this explanation, "our creator" could be the forces of nature, an intelligent designer of unknown description or a ghostly, bearded, man in the sky.  Doesn't matter what your religious beliefs are.  We were created and we were created with the right to free speech.

How to know this?  Look at the "lower" animals.  Almost all of them have some means of expressing themselves,  They express fear, spread alarm, call for mates and mark territory using primarily auditory and visual displays.   Nothing or no one ever attempts to stop them from exercising that ability unless they are trying to stop them from living or stop them from reproducing. 

So if we have a right to live and reproduce, we have a right to express ourselves.  If any government questions our right to express ourselves, you can bet that they are at least skeptical of our right to live.

That's this 'forces of nature thing about that you think could be our creator? Sounds a lot like you're trying to push creation with an evolution twist?

And what the hell is creation got to do with animals expressing themselves? Seems to me that science is pretty settled on the fact that animals evolved to being able to express themselves.

No, we weren't created with the right to free speech. Early lifeforms from which we evolved didn't have any speech, free or otherwise.

Are you attempting an endrun at Darwinism again?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
science is pretty settled on the fact that animals evolved to being able to express themselves.
Then evolution is our creator and evolution endowed us with the right to free speech.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
Then evolution is our creator and evolution endowed us with the right to free speech.

No burnsred, evolution is not our creator. Why are you trying to make evolution into a creator?

Is it because you have to insist that there is a creator and this is the only way you can think of to make one?

Have a good time with it but in the end result you're going to have to accept that we can't believe in both evolution andd creation. One is scientific fact and the other is religious faith. Good Christians don't try to argue their faith against science.

Only the whackjob ID'ers tried that with their ignorant pseudo-science and they shot their feet off trying. They proved themselves too smart for their britches by half when they thought they could use irreducible complexity to make their point. Elementary science dear Watson. They should have tried string theory that couldn't be proven to be religious bullshit.

Haven't you read what Richard Dawkins said about those fools?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Reply #5 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Haven't you read what Richard Dawkins said about those fools?
No, what did he say about them?  Just that they're fools?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:12pm:
Have a good time with it but in the end result you're going to have to accept that we can't believe in both evolution andd creation. One is scientific fact and the other is religious faith.
Scientific "fact" indeed... First there was a Singularity, then life happened and evolved into humans, some of whom are accidentally rational... But not you.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:19pm:

No, it's taken for granted they were fools. And I think they're still trying so there's no bounds to their ignorance. You probably already know the story so I won't bother clueing you in on it.

In a nutshell, they tried to out-science, science. Big mistake and so smart xtians, if there is such a thing, should be running the other way to distance themselves from the ID whackjobs.

Agree?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:

No, it's taken for granted they were fools. And I think they're still trying so there's no bounds to their ignorance. You probably already know the story so I won't bother clueing you in on it.

In a nutshell, they tried to out-science, science. Big mistake and so smart xtians, if there is such a thing, should be running the other way to distance themselves from the ID whackjobs.

Agree?
I'm honestly not familiar with whatever you're talking about so I don't know if I agree or not.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 7:53pm:
I'm honestly not familiar with whatever you're talking about so I don't know if I agree or not.

Learn or be content to feign ignorance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitzmiller_v._Dover_Area_School_District

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy