Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator" (Read 1987 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Reply #10 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
You've posted that link for me about seven times, Don.  I haven't read it yet because it doesn't look like anything I'm interested in.  What government schools teach is government business. The point of being a libertarian isn't to try to join the various pressure groups trying to influence what they teach.  The point is to get them out of that business entirely.  But, being a libertarian, you know that of course . . .

But if you insist, I'll read a brief - very brief - description of whatever that is and how it relates to me in your own words.  My least favorite argument on a debate type forum is "Uh, well google the internets about that and the links will prove you're a doody head!"
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2017 at 10:17pm by burnsred »  

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 8:50pm:
You've posted that link for me about seven times, Don.  I haven't read it yet because it doesn't look like anything I'm interested in.  What government schools teach is government business. The point of being a libertarian isn't to try to join the various pressure groups trying to influence what they teach.  The point is to get them out of that business entirely.  But, being a libertarian, you know that of course . . .

But if you insist, I'll read a brief - very brief - description of whatever that is and how it relates to me in your own words.  My least favorite argument on a debate type forum is "Uh, well google the internets about that and the links will prove you're a doody head!"
Just a warning before you reak it. If  you're a ID'er type of xtian, you're not going to like it.

But if you don't know how the ID lobby screwed up, it's going to be enlightening for you.

Are you one? I get the sense you're trying to protect them. Don't be embarrassed to admit being a xtian burnsred, somebody's gotta do it!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 11:34pm:
Just a warning before you reak it. If  you're a ID'er type of xtian, you're not going to like it.
I'm not any type of Christian, but it's not difficult for me to see "intelligent design" in our world. I can also see lots of natural things that look like very poor designs, many of them extinct, but many others not.

What does that have to do with the Right to freedom of speech and conscience?

Where do you think Bull Elk got the Right to bugle during the rut? Was it granted to them by some Elk government?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
ust a warning before you reak it. If  you're a ID'er type of xtian, you're not going to like it.

Go ahead.  I'll read a brief - very brief - description of whatever that is and how it relates to me in your own words.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 7:53am:
I'm not any type of Christian, but it's not difficult for me to see "intelligent design" in our world. I can also see lots of natural things that look like very poor designs, many of them extinct, but many others not.

What does that have to do with the Right to freedom of speech and conscience?

Where do you think Bull Elk got the Right to bugle during the rut? Was it granted to them by some Elk government?

I think you're hedging on what you are calling intelligent design. For the purpose of this conversation with me, Intelligent design is referring to that which was designed by the god. Nothing else.

So in that sense, everything you see is due to evolution and there was no intelligent designer involved. Everything!

If you want to go with what burnsred is trying to do then you have every right to do so. Just don't start thinking that it applies to the topic we're trying to discuss.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 12:49pm:
Go ahead.  I'll read a brief - very brief - description of whatever that is and how it relates to me in your own words.

You can just read what I've said to Jeff and that will answer your question. An ID'er refers to the god. If you want to start a seperate conversation on some notion of a natural creator or some other such nonsense then fill your boots. Maybe I'll play along too!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If you want to start a seperate conversation on some notion of a natural creator
What do you mean "start a seperate (sic) thread?"  That's what this very thread you joined is about.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
What do you mean "start a seperate (sic) thread?"  That's what this very thread you joined is about.

I don't agree but it doesn't matter. You've rejected Darwinian evolution but that's only half the job. You can't sell your god short and not proclaim to believe in him.

Or, you can if you like but you're going to burn for it! See ya at the big barbeque in the ground? Firmament?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
I think you're hedging on what you are calling intelligent design. For the purpose of this conversation with me, Intelligent design is referring to that which was designed by the god. Nothing else.

Dolt.

I didn't "call" anything "intelligent design", and have no idea what you mean by "the god".

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
So in that sense, everything you see is due to evolution and there was no intelligent designer involved. Everything!

That's just what burnsred said, that the Rights of freedom of speech and conscience evolved naturally.... And I said the Right of self defense came about in just the same way.

It's great to have you finally agree with us. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy