Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator" (Read 1782 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Reply #170 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 3:51pm:
Laws that remove government grants of monopoly power to unions are good laws. Government granted monopolies of any sort are bad.

Your views are all onesided and always favour the employer over the employee. Any government granted power to an employer is considered to be fine with you but government granting any power to workers is not.

It's not libertarianism in any sense. But then in fairness to you, you don't claim to be one. The chief does claim to be one but he has to waffle on the question because he only sees rightist libertarian. Burnsred is extreme rightist and so we both know he makes no libertarian sense at all.

Simply put, a free market approach is libertarian. That's not giving a leg up to employers or enacting the socalled 'right to work' laws.

How strange that this one libertarian forum doesn't understand that. All other libertarians do, if they want to be true to the agenda.

The left/right divide is government's doing, not libertarians'.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #171 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Your views are all onesided and always favour the employer over the employee. Any government granted power to an employer is considered to be fine with you but government granting any power to workers is not.
What powers are granted to an employer by the government in a contract where you agree to work for me and I agree to pay you for working? I can fire you, you can quit.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #172 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:14pm:
What powers are granted to an employer by the government in a contract where you agree to work for me and I agree to pay you for working? I can fire you, you can quit.

There are few powers that are restricted or not granted to an employer. Even killing a worker in an unsafe environment was limited by safe work rules but that's being watered down to being next to non-existant.

Do employers fight to eliminate health and safety rules and regs from their workplace?

Yes they do, but they claim the right to do so under the guise of health and safety being too costly or restrictive to doing business.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #173 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:29pm:
There are few powers that are restricted or not granted to an employer.
If I hire you to wash dishes, I have the power to fire you if you don't wash dishes.

You think that's a power granted by government?

Try again.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #174 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Even killing a worker in an unsafe environment was limited by safe work rules but that's being watered down to being next to non-existant.
You are hampered by your ignorance, which likely arises on this topic from you never having had a job.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #175 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:34pm:
You are hampered by your ignorance, which likely arises on this topic from you never having had a job.

You're a worthless piece of shit who discourages conversation by copping out when you get faced with the truth.

But then why would any sane person think libertarianism is going to do anything for them to fix the fuc-ed mess their country is in.

Enjoy! I enjoy hearing you whine.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #176 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

You're a worthless piece of shit who discourages conversation by copping out when you get faced with the truth.
Ladies, ladies!  You're both pretty, ok? 

Pull in your claws, kittens before someone busts out crying . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #177 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
There are few powers that are restricted or not granted to an employer. Even killing a worker in an unsafe environment was limited by safe work rules but that's being watered down to being next to non-existant.
You claim that employers have been granted a power by government to kill workers by forcing them to work unsafely or in unsafe conditions? What specious nonsense.

Have you no idea at all what it takes for government to grant power to someone?

The NLRA and the RLA are clear grants of power from the government to unions.

Tell me of anything comparable that grants any power to employers.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #178 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
You claim that employers have been granted a power by government to kill workers by forcing them to work unsafely or in unsafe conditions? What specious nonsense.

Have you no idea at all what it takes for government to grant power to someone?

The NLRA and the RLA are clear grants of power from the government to unions.

Tell me of anything comparable that grants any power to employers.

I can give you lots of examples but I won't because you respond to any arguments that defeat your dogma in a unacceptable way. I'm not hooking into that anymore until you demonstrate you are serious about a rational discussion.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #179 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
I can give you lots of examples but I won't because you respond to any arguments that defeat your dogma in a unacceptable way. I'm not hooking into that anymore until you demonstrate you are serious about a rational discussion.
I'm seriously asking you to substantiate your claim that government has granted powers to employers by naming some of the granted powers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive the Right to Free Speech is "Endowed by Our Creator"
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy