Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . . (Read 229 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Reply #10 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
Just a hint though:  Your mom may tell you that the only reason girls aren't interested in you is that you don't "put yourself out there" to talk to them.  I would guess that there is more to it than that so don't expect success right away or even in the foreseeable future. 

His problem with chicks is he's trying to date inter species.  He needs to focus on finding a nice troll girl

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Isn't it simply part of our general Liberty that includes the Rights to our property?

If I don't want the King to spend the night in my home, I can toss him out. It's my Right.

The King might retaliate and stop inviting me to the palace, but that's OK, I'm still in tight with the Catamites...

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Isn't it simply part of our general Liberty that includes the Rights to our property?
Well, sure if you already accept the idea of a right to own property.  Sadly, the overwhelming majority of people do not or they would not accept real tax rates that average fifty percent.  So my post is an attempt to explain how we know that our creator, whether the accidental processes of evolution or some bearded old ghost, endowed us with the right to own property.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Well, sure if you already accept the idea of a right to own property.
You don't?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, sure if you already accept the idea of a right to own property.
You don't?

Yes, of course I do.  This is addressed to libertarians who aren't sure how to respond to non-libertarians who believe it is perfectly fine for the government to operate as a petty theft/grand theft/ponzi scheme/protection racket/counterfeiting/money laundering/slavery racket so long as once every four years or so we get to choose the next head of government from a list of exactly two choices offered by the parties in power who pause in their criminal activities once every four years to pretend to oppose each other.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #15 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
Yes, of course I do.  This is addressed to libertarians who aren't sure how to respond to non-libertarians who believe it is perfectly fine for the government to operate as a petty theft/grand theft/ponzi scheme/protection racket/counterfeiting/money laundering/slavery racket so long as once every four years or so we get to choose the next head of government from a list of exactly two choices offered by the parties in power who pause in their criminal activities once every four years to pretend to oppose each other.

Um ... what?  The Constitution got it right.  Your right to your property cannot be infringed without due process of law.  That confuses you ... how?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
Yes, of course I do.  This is addressed to libertarians who aren't sure how to respond to non-libertarians who believe it is perfectly fine for the government to operate as a petty theft/grand theft/ponzi scheme/protection racket/counterfeiting/money laundering/slavery racket...

Oh. I usually just tell them to crappity smack off and mention that they risk being hung.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh. I usually just tell them to crappity smack off and mention that they risk being hung.

That's my first instinct also.   But that just ensures that the well-meaning people who don't understand freedom never will and our grandchildren will probably never even hear about it, much less experience it.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
It must have been Dog that made that request, because I did not.  By "we" I take it you mean you and the voices in your head?

Feel free to post about any subject you like.  I gather that talking about a girl is your self-therapy to eventually work up to talking to a girl?  Not a bad way to de-sensitize. 

Just a hint though:  Your mom may tell you that the only reason girls aren't interested in you is that you don't "put yourself out there" to talk to them.  I would guess that there is more to it than that so don't expect success right away or even in the foreseeable future. 
Thanks. So I want to start by you telling us why you brought your daughter into this forum's conversations. You wanted to talk about her and it had something to do with her choosing the military.

So my first guess is that she's gay, you are of the opinion that would be strictly because of nurture over nature, and you are feeling some sense of failure over it. This explains my comments.

Of course if that's all wrong then just say so. it's just that going back to consider some of your extremist rhetoric you hit this forum with in the beginning a month ago, all the pieces fit.

I have no problem with your guessing what my mommy told me about talking to girls. I would just be curious on how you came to your conclusions. And fwiw, if that American in the news can corner a girl in his hotel bathroom and jerk off in front of her and get away with it, why bother with the smooth talk? Whatshisname, it's a jew name ending in stein.

Anyway, let's sort this business out about the daughter if that's o.k. Then I have a couple of questions about the boys, that came to mind from what you said.

And once again, if you would rather not, then just say so.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:29am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
That's my first instinct also.   But that just ensures that the well-meaning people who don't understand freedom never will and our grandchildren will probably never even hear about it, much less experience it.

There are real reasons why some people can't accept the idea of individual Liberty. Many of them are well meaning, but they shouldn't be allowed to have power over others. A limited Constitutional government ensures that they won't.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy