Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . . (Read 228 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Reply #20 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
That's my first instinct also.   But that just ensures that the well-meaning people who don't understand freedom never will and our grandchildren will probably never even hear about it, much less experience it.

All Americans, except the 1 or 2% are very unhappy with their lot in life. That's all this forum was about a few months ago. But now the forum members are trying to hide it because they need to defend their country from the truths they hear from me.

So be it! So it's not that people don't understand all that is being said between you and jeff, dog knows it's been repeated ad nauseum. It's that they have no idea on what to do about it.

I'm suggesting that the obvious fix for the problems is socially responsible capitalism. That requires a turn to the left but here's the important part.

The system has strengthened the belief in the poor and the middle class minds that a turn toward the left is equivalent to communism. And that burnsred is the monster under you beds!

It's quite simple to understand that's what Americans will actually very likely do in the next election. They will have a closer look at European success in the Scandinavian countries. For a look ahead and a primer on how it's going to happen, I again suggest Will Hutton's, A Declaration of Interdependence. It's getting a little out of date because a lot of his predictions have become facts, but nobody's written a better one yet as far as I know?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by Satan
Reply #21 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2017/

Quote:
The USA is a story of reduced happiness. In 2007 the USA ranked 3rd among the OECD countries; in 2016 it came 19th. The reasons are declining social support and increased corruption (see Chapter 7) and it is these same factors that explain why the Nordic countries do so much better.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Yes, the more that our governments take control of our lives and restrict our freedom, the less happy we are. The more the government screws up the economy and destroys the American Dream, the less happy we are. The more the government turns the rule of law into a rule by men, the less happy we are.

No surprises there.

It's not even a surprise that you think more government will solve the problem.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 7:37am:
Yes, the more that our governments take control of our lives and restrict our freedom, the less happy we are. The more the government screws up the economy and destroys the American Dream, the less happy we are. The more the government turns the rule of law into a rule by men, the less happy we are.

No surprises there.

It's not even a surprise that you think more government will solve the problem.

Not necessarily more government but better government. But all you Americans already know that don't you. You bitched and complained about it a couple of months ago but now you're trying to keep the complaining in private.

All the problems mount up on you, including your obesity and you resort to narcotics and alcohol and stop trying. Your posts send the message loud and clear.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm suggesting that the obvious fix for the problems is socially responsible capitalism.
Interesting.  Please describe in detail what that would look like and how we could bring it about.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 2:59pm:
Interesting.  Please describe in detail what that would look like and how we could bring it about.

I don't think it would serve any purpose with you. You've gone rabid nearly as bad as our stevea.

What you said about prisoners not being jailed long enough was enough for me to write you off. Too bad, you became half sane after you got trampled for your bad start.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Not necessarily more government but better government.
Foolish dolt. "The government that governs least governs best." An ancient Voltarian proverb I think...

Government can never be trusted to be "good". Ever. We must limit it strictly and bind it firmly under law.

Otherwise, it will eat out our sustenance and make us get licenses to braid hair.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 3:41pm:
What you said about prisoners not being jailed long enough was enough for me to write you off.
Thanks for mentioning this... I still want to know how Norway rehabilitates it's violent drug gang criminals... What an interesting assertion on your part... Norway has it all figured out!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Thanks for mentioning this... I still want to know how Norway rehabilitates it's violent drug gang criminals... What an interesting assertion on your part... Norway has it all figured out!
Just an aside, but in my state it takes longer and costs more to take the required course of study to become a "licensed cosmetologist" than it does to become a "certified FAA aircraft mechanic".

Edit: And you mention "better government" you foolish asshole dolt.

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't think it would serve any purpose with you. You've gone rabid nearly as bad as our stevea.

What you said about prisoners not being jailed long enough was enough for me to write you off.
Oh really, Don_G?

So no more asinine replies to my threads that make it obvious you didn't read the post your replying to?  No more whining that I'm "ignoring" you or giving you the "silent treatment?"  No more dropping my name obsessively in discussion with other posters?

Sounds good to me but we'll see how long that lasts . . .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof Positive Right Not to Quarter Soldiers is Endowed by our . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy