Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › More Comfortable Uniforms for Police Officers to Preserve Rights?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic More Comfortable Uniforms for Police Officers to Preserve Rights? (Read 59 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

More Comfortable Uniforms for Police Officers to Preserve Rights?
Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Ok, bear with me on this one.  If I'm wrong, say so, but hear me out.

I'm thinking that one reason that police officers tend not only to violate the rights of citizens but to get furious when the citizens even bring up their rights is that their uniforms and equipment make them so cranky.

It would make me cranky.  The belts with all that hardware hanging on them, pulling down on their pants and interfering with sitting.  They they have to sit in a driver's seat with that stuff.   Getting out of the car, they look like old geezers wiggling back and forth.

So my idea would be to have them wear either cargo pants or dockers type slacks.  Then a wide web belt on which to hang a holster.  Instead of the S&W stainless steel handcuffs, they can carry plastic ties in their pockets.  Pepper spray or collapsible baton in another pocket. 

If they must have a taser, it can be in a shoulder holster or carry the gun under the arm and the taser on the hip.  Top it off with a polo shirt with embroidered badge and name one one side and you have a uniform that's comfortable and allows easy access to any items needed for self-defense.

Many police officers are veterans and all that gear probably makes them feel as if they are back in Afghaniland hoping not to be blown up by "terrorists" instead of serving and protecting taxpayers and other citizens.  De-militarize our police and maybe they'll start performing good civilian police work again.  Starting most urgently by cleaning out the bad apples that they work with.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: More Comfortable Uniforms for Police Officers to Preserve Rights?
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:27pm:

I'm thinking that one reason that police officers tend not only to violate the rights of citizens but to get furious when the citizens even bring up their rights is that their uniforms and equipment make them so cranky.

It would make me cranky.  The belts with all that hardware hanging on them, pulling down on their pants and interfering with sitting.  They they have to sit in a driver's seat with that stuff.   Getting out of the car, they look like old geezers wiggling back and forth.

So my idea would be to have them wear either cargo pants or dockers type slacks.  Then a wide web belt on which to hang a holster.  Instead of the S&W stainless steel handcuffs, they can carry plastic ties in their pockets.  Pepper spray or collapsible baton in another pocket. 

If they must have a taser, it can be in a shoulder holster or carry the gun under the arm and the taser on the hip.  Top it off with a polo shirt with embroidered badge and name one one side and you have a uniform that's comfortable and allows easy access to any items needed for self-defense.

Many police officers are veterans and all that gear probably makes them feel as if they are back in Afghaniland hoping not to be blown up by "terrorists" instead of serving and protecting taxpayers and other citizens.  De-militarize our police and maybe they'll start performing good civilian police work again.  Starting most urgently by cleaning out the bad apples that they work with.

Seriously? Sort of like the grinch's shoes being too tight?
I think there's something in saying that police officers like to be seen with all the hardware hanging off them. It's a bit like the guys who use an anchor chain to attach their wallets or keys to their belts.

Right on demilitarizing your police but wrong if you think police officers would prefer that. There's a useful conversation could be had on the police topic but I can't bear with you on this one. It got off on a bad foot to start.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I can't bear with you on this one.
Oh, darn.  Well . . . bye then.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
Oh, darn.  Well . . . bye then.

Just trying to show you the courtesy of an answer when it looked like everybody else was going to ignore it. Pretty obvious why!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 9th, 2017 at 9:27pm:

I agree. If your balls are required to be in a bind because of "regulations", you should find a way to accommodate your pain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › More Comfortable Uniforms for Police Officers to Preserve Rights?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy