Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Raimondo on Trump Rhetoric vs. Reality
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Raimondo on Trump Rhetoric vs. Reality (Read 191 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Raimondo on Trump Rhetoric vs. Reality
Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/10/08/trump-rhetoric-vs-reality/

Raimondo is catching up to reality finally. But he still doesn't completely understand that China is working N.K. like it's puppet.

At least Raimondo understands that Trump isn't going to start a war with N.K., and he states the obvious reasons why. Yet he neglects to acknowledge that China has warned the US on messing with N.K. They will defend N.K. from a US first attack. And also doesn't mention that they won't if N.K. strikes first. Beside the point though because N.K. isn't going to strike first.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Raimondo on Trump Rhetoric vs. Reality
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 2:04pm:
That seems highly unlikely. I still didn't use your link.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
And also doesn't mention that they won't if N.K. strikes first.
Consensus has it that a N.Korean first strike against anybody will fail disastrously and millions will die...

Taking out "young Kim" and his "dynastic" cronies now is a good idea.

Someone should step forward. Soon. Now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:39pm:
Consensus has it that a N.Korean first strike against anybody will fail disastrously and millions will die...

Taking out "young Kim" and his "dynastic" cronies now is a good idea.

Someone should step forward. Soon. Now.

I can make recommendations if you want....

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
I can make recommendations if you want....

You know that you're talking to yourself don't you?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Trump isn't going to start a war with N.K., and he states the obvious reasons why.

agreed.

Yet [Trump] neglects to acknowledge that China has warned the US on messing with N.K. They will defend N.K. from a US first attack.

agreed also.   (you're making me look really bad here, Don_G.)

The best solution for Little Rocket Man and Trump is to WAIT for the other to make the first (foolish) move.

Whoever strikes first will lose.  As long as they both understand this, there is hope for a tentative peace - negotiation is not an option. Both Trump and Little Rocket Man have made that quite clear.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:02pm:
The best solution for Little Rocket Man and Trump is to WAIT for the other to make the first (foolish) move.

Whoever strikes first will lose.  As long as they both understand this, there is hope for a tentative peace - negotiation is not an option. Both Trump and Little Rocket Man have made that quite clear.
[/quote]

baby jeeezus Chief, you got it wrong again. It's not whoever strikes first will lose! N.K. will lose whether they strike first on last. The US will win in either case. Except that the US wins clear cut victory if N.K. strikes first and if the US strikes first then it only wins a temporary victory that lasts about a half hour, or however long it takes for Russian nukes to make it to the the US and the promised land.
Neither of which is going to happen of course.

And also, negotiation is an option and it's happening now and has been since the beginning of the problems.

Trump is shooting his mouth off now and it's most likely being stage managed by his generals because it's better to threaten for the value of public consumption than not. Kim does likewise but I would say he's got a bone in his teeth now (you know what that means) The reason is, he's been used by China to stalemate the whole thing against the US.

You see Chief, China and Russia have engineered all the trouble to begin with. The US didn't and had no reason to do so. The US is sitting on it's ass with egg on it's face as outward appearances to the world are showing that little N.K. isn't afraid to play.

The lesson for you is, don't be in such a rush to accept the propaganda bullshit being put out for public consumption. You're talking to somebody who knows better.

Don't argue with me or doubt me Chief, you know it never works out well for you.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Raimondo is absolutely right.  Little Rocket Man has too much to lose if NoKo strikes first.

"Kim Jong-un, whose dynasty has been in power for 70 years, is not going to make the first move either: a stalemate has preserved the regime thus far, and there’s no reason to believe that Kim wants to commit suicide."

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:22am:
Raimondo is absolutely right.  Little Rocket Man has too much to lose if NoKo strikes first.

"Kim Jong-un, whose dynasty has been in power for 70 years, is not going to make the first move either: a stalemate has preserved the regime thus far, and there’s no reason to believe that Kim wants to commit suicide."

Hopefully we learn nothing from that statement you copied and pasted, because we already knew it.

But it makes me wonder if he thought it was necessary for his audience at antiwar.com

Raimondo has been all over the board on Trump and was likely on the verge of suicide if I was reading him right. But he does sometimes come out with some sensible shit once in a while.

So bad there that a lot of us got banned for opposing Raimondo on his editorials only. Then they extended the ban to all the other feature writers they felt they needed to shield from criticiam. Then finally they made the ban complete.

And then lo and behod I found this site that has at least as much traffic as theirs!

their antiwar and their libertarian messages sort of melded in a way so I thought the same would be true on this one.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:33pm:
Hopefully we learn nothing from that statement you copied and pasted, because we already knew it.

Yes, we knew that - I put it there in case someone was too lazy to read the article.

Don_G wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 1:33pm:
...their antiwar and their libertarian messages sort of melded in a way so I thought the same would be true on this one.

Anti-war and libertarianism go hand-in-hand.  I'm not claiming that ALL libertarians are anti-war, but it's safe to say that the greater majority are.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Raimondo on Trump Rhetoric vs. Reality
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy