Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term (Read 495 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Reply #30 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
So since you're not doing it now, I'll take that as your admission that I'm right about it.

Since the people in those Scandinavian countries are the happiest in the world, and statistics show the US in the bottom of the barrel with the bad apples on nearly all social aspects, are you sure you want to do this with me?

I mean, you don't exactly have the best seat in the house so to speak, do you!

And dang it if you haven't even been one of the complainers on this site saying your country is corrupt and your government/society is rotten to the core.

What do you want we Canadians to believe? When you talk to yourselves or when you put on an act for foreigners?

What's a foreigner to believe??

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
I mean really burnsred, a quick look at a few of your posts and I find this whining and crying about your country's corruption:

Quote:
Another government "success" story.  They burned Koresh alive along with women and children and the only crimes they ever found evidence of was inappropriate actions with underage girls.  They didn't burn Anthony Weiner alive for that.

Besides the amorality of sending a paramilitary police force to invade private property because they didn't like the religion of the people living there, the amateur tactics of BATF shows why we sure don't need agencies like the FDA and the EPA to have their own SWAT team and buy millions of rounds of ammo.

Whine, complain, whine, complain. When's the good stuff coming?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
C'mon Donat dear, you're the expert on Norway...

They do have lots of economic liberty don't they? Certainly almost as much as Canada...

Your also the expert on Canada dear Donat; tell us who has more economic freedom, Norway or Canada? Thanks. Kiss
Well, Norwegians are among the most contented people in the world... Is it because they have more economic freedom than Canadians or not?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
What's a foreigner to believe??
Just ask the literally million of you that cross oceans rivers and deserts to get here.  They more informed among them will tell you that America has a corrupt and overly-intrusive government but that since the American people have never accepted the yoke of oppression, we find way to work around it and make ourselves the most successful people ever on the face of the earth. 

I'm surprised that a one hundred percent faithful Darwinist like you doesn't already know this:  Our Oceans, rivers and deserts are a natural filter that selects the best and brightest of other nations who come here and help keep us the great people that we are.

It is only when government tries to "intelligently design" our immigration process by deliberately letting in people from cultures which are obviously dysfunctional that our greatness is diminished. 

Not as much as you would think, though.  Many of those immigrants who may have spent most of last year looking for women to rape and gays to throw off roofs find themselves pursuing wealth through capitalism and thus contributing to our greatness.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:59am:
Just ask the literally million of you that cross oceans rivers and deserts to get here.  They more informed among them will tell you that America has a corrupt and overly-intrusive government but that since the American people have never accepted the yoke of oppression, we find way to work around it and make ourselves the most successful people ever on the face of the earth. 

I'm surprised that a one hundred percent faithful Darwinist like you doesn't already know this:  Our Oceans, rivers and deserts are a natural filter that selects the best and brightest of other nations who come here and help keep us the great people that we are.

It is only when government tries to "intelligently design" our immigration process by deliberately letting in people from cultures which are obviously dysfunctional that our greatness is diminished. 

Not as much as you would think, though.  Many of those immigrants who may have spent most of last year looking for women to rape and gays to throw off roofs find themselves pursuing wealth through capitalism and thus contributing to our greatness.

You seem to be praising your country at the same time as you condemn it?

And then you just descend to the racist and bigotted person you are at heart.

I've found over the years that when I run into a person who used 'darn' in place of 'damn', I'm going to be up against a bigot and likely a racist too. Those 'qualities' in a person usually go hand in hand with southern US christianity.

And the proof is: You're now painting entire whole cultures with your christian brush.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You seem to be praising your country at the same time as you condemn it?
This is where your rather sophomoric "all or nothing" thinking fails you consistently.  One both praise a country and recognize its faults.

Quote:
And then you just descend to the racist and bigotted person you are at heart.
With racism and bigotry being such strong allegations, I'm sure you would not make them without plenty of evidence to back them up.  I'll wait . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
This is where your rather sophomoric "all or nothing" thinking fails you consistently.  One both praise a country and recognize its faults.

With racism and bigotry being such strong allegations, I'm sure you would not make them without plenty of evidence to back them up.  I'll wait . . .

Condemning an entire culture sealed it! You are what you are burnsred, and I'm not going to try to change you. You can be used the same as the Chief is used to make my point.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Condemning an entire culture sealed it
So you do not condemn the entire Nazi culture?  The entire Soviet culture?  You believe that a culture can have flaws like encouraging rape, the beheading of unbelievers and throwing gays off of roofs but still should not be condemned?

Sorry, that it hurts your feelings, Don_G, but I will always condemn those things.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
So you do not condemn the entire Nazi culture?  The entire Soviet culture?  You believe that a culture can have flaws like encouraging rape, the beheading of unbelievers and throwing gays off of roofs but still should not be condemned?

Sorry, that it hurts your feelings, Don_G, but I will always condemn those things.

You might have had a point if it was the Soviets or the Nazis you were condemning.

The topic is socially responsible capitalism. Show us how you can make 'social responsibility' into something as evil as you.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm
Print Post  

Quote:

You might have had a point if it was the Soviets or the Nazis you were condemning.
Do you or do you not condemn the entire Soviet and Nazi cultures?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy