Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term (Read 569 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Reply #40 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 2:30pm:
You seem to be praising your country at the same time as you condemn it?

Damn, you're as dumb as a fresh cut stump and as obstinate as a young Mule Buck.

America and the U.S. government are not the same thing. Bold. Bold. Bold.

If you were my Mule, I'd slap you upside the head with the flat side of a rough cut 2X4, just to get your attention.

Fool!

IP Logged

AlayneLeung
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff's reply from page 2: Quote:
To the extent that 'capitalists' sometimes break contracts and defraud people, government is needed to make them "socially responsible", which in those cases means holding 'capitalists' to the laws that protect people from force and fraud.

My reply is.  Yes, government is necessary to do that, and that's why I vigorously oppose abolishing the Federal Trade Commission; the Libertarian Party of the United States should change platform part that calls for abolishing the FTC to say that the FTC must be improved.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Jeff's reply from page 2:

My reply is.  Yes, government is necessary to do that, and that's why I vigorously oppose abolishing the Federal Trade Commission; the Libertarian Party of the United States should change platform part that calls for abolishing the FTC to say that the FTC must be improved.

If you keep on writing posts like that for a month and don't use any of your other screen names, then  maybe more people will start to take you seriously.

But you won't because you don't care about that. You just want attention and Jeff will keep on providing it. He needs the attention just as much.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:46am
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Oct 31st, 2017 at 6:45pm:
Jeff's reply from page 2:

My reply is.  Yes, government is necessary to do that, and that's why I vigorously oppose abolishing the Federal Trade Commission...
The FTC isn't a court where people who have been cheated or defrauded or harmed by a defective product can take their complaint and seek redress. The FTC is a huge bureaucracy who's primary purpose is to keep tax money flowing it's way. It's secondary purpose is to pretend that the bureaucrats who have never worked for or owned a business know how the market 'should' work.

It's real purpose is to give the government power over the economy and a bludgeon to hammer "capitalists" who aren't on board with the government.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:56am
Print Post  
I think this is topical.

http://reason.com/archives/2017/10/31/corporations-are-not-as-powerful-as-you?ut...

People like the Donat will find fault with it's conclusions, because people like the Donat are stuck in a Dickensian fantasyland where Marx was a wise visionary.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Move along folks, nothing to see here.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/22/news/economy/us-inequality-worse/index.html

Inocme inequality has nothing whatsoever to do with the problem nearly all Americans are whining about. Move along now. You too can be the president if you cooperate.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Only the envious complain about income inequality.

Fact.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 8:36pm:
Only the envious complain about income inequality.

Fact.

I wouldn't accept that it's a fact in my own case. I'm not really envious in a logical way and that's because that which I have, I  consider to be enough. I'm probably what you would call middle class, although tending toward the upper middle class.

I don't know exactly? I don't complain about it, I've been sold by the system. But you do complain about your lot in life. Are you complaining legitimately or are you just a complainer? A whiner?

What are you worth burnsred? I'm going to make a guess that you're pretty well off and you've benefited quite nicely from your country's system. And if that's correct then it's pretty obvious that you think you deserve more.

Jeff on the other hand has pretty much told us that he's poor and been totally fu--ed over by the rotten system. The chief? Somewhat the same but not quite as badly.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What are you worth burnsred? I'm going to make a guess that you're pretty well off and you've benefited quite nicely from your country's system. And if that's correct then it's pretty obvious that you think you deserve more.
God forbid any of us get what we deserve. 

It's not about deserve.  I have what I have and it's rightfully mine because no other human being can logically claim he or she has the right to take it from me, no matter how sincerely they believe they will use it more wisely and more altruistically than I.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 9:01pm:
God forbid any of us get what we deserve. 

It's not about deserve.  I have what I have and it's rightfully mine because no other human being can logically claim he or she has the right to take it from me, no matter how sincerely they believe they will use it more wisely and more altruistically than I.

I'm glad for you.

Trump's tax plan is being called trickle down economics and now it's being speculated that even the Republican senators won't support it in sufficient numbers. You've probably heard what the hangups are by now. For instance: The 35% tax rate the very wealthy pay is really 20% and Trump is lowering the 35% to 20%! And small business gets a shitkicking so that some of the R's in congress can't afford to support it because of the kickback from their constituents.

Oh, and btw, the chief went kneejerk and bought into it right away. Duhhhh! Such a real libertarian that boy is!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Socially Responsible Capitalism" is a Redundant Term
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy