Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Sun and Moon Stopped Moving??
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Sun and Moon Stopped Moving?? (Read 325 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Sun and Moon Stopped Moving??
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So to begin with, none of the animals the bible spoke about even existed when they floated Noah's ark did they?

Trick question.
Trick question or a poorly worded one?  What makes you think they did not exist when the fossil record proves conclusively that they did and that they were paired up on Noah's ark?  You just hate science?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Trick question or a poorly worded one?  What makes you think they did not exist when the fossil record proves conclusively that they did and that they were paired up on Noah's ark?  You just hate science?

You probably didn't understand what I was saying. The fossil record shows us animals that didn't exist in the time of Noah's ark. None of those modern day (6000-10,000 years ago) animals were fossilized. You see, that's why it was a trick question.

I think it's safe to say that the bible speaks of some animals but no animals of the sort that were fossiiled.

Ken Ham does, if you would like to reference him for your side of the debate. He firmly contends that dinosaurs were indeed boarded and given window views on the ark. Toilets too if you get into talking about where all the shit went? Running water? Candles for nighttime?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You probably didn't understand what I was saying. The fossil record shows us animals that didn't exist in the time of Noah's ark. None of those modern day (6000-10,000 years ago) animals were fossilized. You see, that's why it was a trick question.
Are you posting high again?  The fossil record clearly shows that there were far more species on earth in pre-history than exist today.  Exactly as the bible predicted we would find when it described life on earth being destroyed with the exception of a limited number of species that could fit on the Ark.  The bible was written long before our understanding of the fossil record.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:41pm:
Are you posting high again?  The fossil record clearly shows that there were far more species on earth in pre-history than exist today.  Exactly as the bible predicted we would find when it described life on earth being destroyed with the exception of a limited number of species that could fit on the Ark.  The bible was written long before our understanding of the fossil record.

Interesting new xtian sect you're creating! Does it exist our are you putting yourself up as it's 'Joseph Smith' so to speak?

Anyway, tongue in cheek I'll play the game. What part of your bible did you create that interpretation from?

You seem to be sticking with the ark theory and I'm glad of that for a start! But how do you get that 'limited number of species' that would fit?

To the point, is Ken Ham wrong on the dinosaurs being fitted into staterooms? Toilets and shit, we can toil over later if you wish?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What part of your bible did you create that interpretation from?
I'm using the fossil record to determine the accurate and inaccurate parts of the bible.

Quote:
You seem to be sticking with the ark theory and I'm glad of that for a start! But how do you get that 'limited number of species' that would fit?
From the fossil record.

Quote:
To the point, is Ken Ham wrong on the dinosaurs being fitted into staterooms? Toilets and shit, we can toil over later if you wish?

Of course he was wrong if anyone actually said that.  If dinosaurs had been on the Ark, they would either still be here or there would be some record of their extinction.

I guess the largest animals on the Ark were the two elephants.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 4:23pm:
I'm using the fossil record to determine the accurate and inaccurate parts of the bible.

From the fossil record.

You've avoided answering both questions.

Quote:
Of course he was wrong if anyone actually said that.  If dinosaurs had been on the Ark, they would either still be here or there would be some record of their extinction.

No, there were other much larger mammals that would have been on your ark. Excluding the fishes of the sea, I'm o.k. with. Which reminds me, how about hairy mammoths that haven't been fossilized?

I also have a little trouble believing that they convinced the lions and tigers to eat lettuce and tomatoes!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:

From the fossil record.
So you claim that the fossil record does NOT show that many animals existed in pre-history that do not exist today?

Quote:
Quote:

No, there were other much larger mammals that would have been on your ark.
Are they alive today?  Then they were on the Ark.  Which larger than elephant animals do you speak of?  Are they extinct?  That's what God said he would do with the flood.
Quote:
Excluding the fishes of the sea, I'm o.k. with. Which reminds me, how about hairy mammoths that haven't been fossilized?
The ones who weren't fossilized because they were frozen?  What about them?

Quote:
I also have a little trouble believing that they convinced the lions and tigers to eat lettuce and tomatoes!
Good thing God excluded the  fishes of the sea when he decided to drown all the unclean animals and people.  My cat loves Little Friskies Seafood Dinners.  I'm sure Noah's did also.

Just out of curiosity, what does "Ken Ham" think happened to the dinosaurs after the got off the Ark after the flood?  Wait, was "Ken Ham" the birth name of Kevin Bacon who was born in Canada?

Grin

Get it?  That joke works on so many levels!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 8:20pm:
So you claim that the fossil record does NOT show that many animals existed in pre-history that do not exist today?

G'wan!

Quote:
Are they alive today?  Then they were on the Ark.  Which larger than elephant animals do you speak of?  Are they extinct?  That's what God said he would do with the flood.
The ones who weren't fossilized because they were frozen?  What about them? [quote]

No, they are very much alive and there are at least a dozen species or more that are larger than elephants. Some of those mammals are upwards of 20 times bigger than elephants. Oh, and btw, have you heard of Hairy Mammoths and many other very large mammals?

[quote]Good thing God excluded the  fishes of the sea when he decided to drown all the unclean animals and people.  My cat loves Little Friskies Seafood Dinners.  I'm sure Noah's did also.

You're a cat man. I go with dogs. You have nothing to be ashamed of, on the contrary to be proud of.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what does "Ken Ham" think happened to the dinosaurs after the got off the Ark after the flood?  Wait, was "Ken Ham" the birth name of Kevin Bacon who was born in Canada?

Grin

I don't get it. Tell me and save me a search. Really!

Quote:
Get it?  That joke works on so many levels!

Ken Ham is an australian creationist extreme. A real piece of work. I don't think he says what happened to the dinosaurs after they go off the boat.

https://answersingenesis.org/bios/ken-ham/

You'll like the link! It's claimed that he is one of the most sought after Chrsitian speakers in America. Truly burnsred, have a look. This guy will floor you!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Darwin’s book was an attempt to explain how animals and plants arose by natural processes, not the supernatural means revealed and documented for us by the Creator himself in Genesis. Ultimately, this led to the idea that man evolved from ape-like creatures. Armed with this cache of scientific “evidences” that the earth was supposedly millions/billions of years old and that molecules eventually gave rise to man, compromising theologians permeated the church, teaching that Genesis should be treated as myth.

From both inside and outside the church, the Darwinian revolution changed the hearts and minds of generations concerning biblical authority. To this day, most church leaders and Christian academic institutions are infected by the religion of naturalism.

Ken Ham saying Darwinism is an infection.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Quote:

Grin

I don't get it. Tell me and save me a search. Really!
Come on, man - Bacon in Canada, Ham in the U.S.?  Ok, well maybe a Canadian wouldn't get this.  See what y'all call "bacon" that we call "Canadian Bacon" isn't bacon at all.  Bacon is these delicious strips of heavily salted pig meat that improves the flavor of almost any food, even chocolate.  Your "bacon" is really these pathetic little pieces of round ham. 

I just read on the internets that y'all call it "peameal bacon" but I wouldn't be surprised if that's inaccurate.  Anyway, speaking of bacon, the bible does state that Noah brought on board seven of each "clean" animal (meaning suitable for eating) so that would also clear up the mystery of the lettuce eating lions. 

I'm not saying that the bible is the true word of God.  But there is a lot more evidence for the biblical story than for Darwin's ideas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Sun and Moon Stopped Moving??
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy