Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should the U.S. Invite Racists Into the Country?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should the U.S. Invite Racists Into the Country? (Read 284 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Should the U.S. Invite Racists Into the Country?
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Jeffie Don, you two are working harder than the most dedicated capitalist to avoid answering the simple question that is the subject line of this thread.

Yes or no, please, then explain all you like . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 2:33pm:
Jeffie Don, you two are working harder than the most dedicated capitalist to avoid answering the simple question that is the subject line of this thread.

Yes or no, please, then explain all you like . . .

You can't just demand a yes or not, that's just too arrogantly American for me. So my side of Don/Jeff will give you a qualified answer of 'yes'.

What an American perceives as a non-racist will likely be that which others preceive as a racist. To explain briefly: Jeff Sessions is such a racist that he can be smelt before you get within 50 feet of him. But he and hiss KKK ilk would be perfectly acceptable to most Americans.

Is this really sticking to your preference of talking to libertarians on libertarian issues?

I think it's probably is because it's attempting to sort out some of the basic questions that make pseudo-libertarians like you tick. You're an extremist with very visible tendencies toward fascism, who claims to be a libertarian.

That would explain your lack of success so far on this forum. You've not getting the Chief, Jeff, or ahhell but you're showing some progress with the batshit crazy ones like Oppo an his coworkers.

Let's get onto a libertarian topic! YOu start one!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
So my side of Don/Jeff will give you a qualified answer of 'yes'.
Nice dodge.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 10:36am:
Nice dodge.

If all you want is a simple answer then the answer is 'no'.

Qualify the question by adding some detail and explanation and that answer may need to be changed to a 'yes'. I won't know before you do so. I think there has to be a purpose to the question?

For example of how that could be: The question could be clarified to show that you're talking about some particular people that you consider racists and 99% of the people don't. Or maybe even 51% of the people to make it more challenging.

Another good libertarian discussion that suits your demands for this forum!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So my side of Don/Jeff will give you a qualified answer of 'yes'.
Nice dodge.

burnsred wrote Today at 10:36am:
Nice dodge.

If all you want is a simple answer then the answer is 'no'.
I knew your qualified "yes" was a dodge.

Quote:
Qualify the question by adding some detail and explanation and that answer may need to be changed to a 'yes'. I won't know before you do so. I think there has to be a purpose to the question?

For example of how that could be: The question could be clarified to show that you're talking about some particular people that you consider racists and 99% of the people don't. Or maybe even 51% of the people to make it more challenging.
Do you think that people that YOU consider racists should be invited and encouraged to enter the U.S. (or Canada if Canada ever loosens up its restrictive immigration)?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 2:55pm:
I knew your qualified "yes" was a dodge.

Do you think that people that YOU consider racists should be invited and encouraged to enter the U.S. (or Canada if Canada ever loosens up its restrictive immigration)?

I think it could be one reason to take into consideration for excluding them. It would depend on the specifics. I can't trust that you're being honest because you have some motive behind asking. When you get around to a specific case we'll get around to discussing it.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I think it could be one reason to take into consideration for excluding them. It would depend on the specifics. I can't trust that you're being honest because you have some motive behind asking. When you get around to a specific case we'll get around to discussing it.
Ok, I see what you're concerned about.  You're thinking that I'm trying to get you to say that, "NO! I would NEVER admit racists into my country!"  So that I could point out how racist the religion of Islam is.  Well, that would be a good technique with a normal poster, yes.  It would no doubt prompt them to rethink some of their ideas about the wisdom of "diversity visas" intended to relieve our "shortage of Muslims."

But that's not what I'm doing.  You want a case to comment on?  I'll give you two.  Would you invite (not reluctantly allow, but actively seek) either of the  following individuals into Canada:

Hypothetical case:

A young leader of a right-wing extremist party in Europe whose followers are violently anti-immigrant and propose an authoritarian government in his country in which foreigners would be excluded based on religion and already established immigrants persecuted for following their religion of Islam.  He and his followers have ties to former Nazis and most of his ideas are borrowed from a discredited fascist party which was founded by ex-Nazis.  His party went down to defeat in his country so he now seeks to move to North America where he hopes his hateful ideology will be better received.  He secretly wears underwear with swastikas printed like polka dots. 

Real case:

Sebastian Kurz, who lefties claim is just like the hypothetical person above (rightly or wrongly doesn't matter for this discussion).

Should either of those be encouraged to immigrate here?  Like maybe on diversity visas since we have so few openly fascist European immigrants coming in?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 4th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
Ok, I see what you're concerned about.  You're thinking that I'm trying to get you to say that, "NO! I would NEVER admit racists into my country!"  So that I could point out how racist the religion of Islam is.  Well, that would be a good technique with a normal poster, yes.  It would no doubt prompt them to rethink some of their ideas about the wisdom of "diversity visas" intended to relieve our "shortage of Muslims."

No, I was just making sure that your decription of a racist was consistent with my values. If you just chose a Muslim and branded him a racist then you would have tricked me into your game.

Quote:
But that's not what I'm doing.  You want a case to comment on?  I'll give you two.  Would you invite (not reluctantly allow, but actively seek) either of the  following individuals into Canada:

I don't actively seek to have anyone invited into Canada. But o.k., I'll consider your hypothetical.

Quote:
Hypothetical case:

A young leader of a right-wing extremist party in Europe whose followers are violently anti-immigrant and propose an authoritarian government in his country in which foreigners would be excluded based on religion and already established immigrants persecuted for following their religion of Islam.  He and his followers have ties to former Nazis and most of his ideas are borrowed from a discredited fascist party which was founded by ex-Nazis.  His party went down to defeat in his country so he now seeks to move to North America where he hopes his hateful ideology will be better received.  He secretly wears underwear with swastikas printed like polka dots. 

Real case:

Sebastian Kurz, who lefties claim is just like the hypothetical person above (rightly or wrongly doesn't matter for this discussion).

Should either of those be encouraged to immigrate here?  Like maybe on diversity visas since we have so few openly fascist European immigrants coming in?

The first, no. The second, it doesn't sound like he would be acceptable but I'm not familiar with his case and you may have constructed something that isn't really factual.

A real case where we did accept a Muslim into our country was Mahar Arar and he apparently had to kill an American or two in self defense. I was all for it. I'll leave it up to you to search out the whole story.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Burnsred, I have two cases mixed up, mainly out of lack of interest. Try Omar Khadr too if you're looking for something real to talk about.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Burnsred, I have two cases mixed up, mainly out of lack of interest.
Is it really that hard for you to just admit you made a mistake?

Quote:
Omar Khadr
Was he supposed to be an example of why tort reform is so sorely needed?  Or that the U.S. should immediately halt all aid to Canada?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should the U.S. Invite Racists Into the Country?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy