Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Damage Control Lies.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Damage Control Lies. (Read 60 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Damage Control Lies.
Nov 5th, 2017 at 12:03am
Print Post  
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2017/11/02/sailors-driving-the-mccain-w...

But Americans will be incapable of not accepting it all.

Something is very fishy in the land of the gun.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Damage Control Lies.
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Canada should immediately build its own navy to protect its own shipping lanes instead of relying on the corrupt U.S. for protection.

Don't know where y'all will get the money.  Based on the flow of Canadians running to the states for health care, your single-payer system isn't exactly the most efficient, but anything is better than being a U.S. protectorate.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:13am:
Canada should immediately build its own navy to protect its own shipping lanes instead of relying on the corrupt U.S. for protection.

Don't know where y'all will get the money.  Based on the flow of Canadians running to the states for health care, your single-payer system isn't exactly the most efficient, but anything is better than being a U.S. protectorate.

The last time you tried to tell me that I asked you who you're protecting us from. You didn't know.

Maybe Russia? How about Mexico?

Unfortunately it's a lot more serious than that. The US is  running roughshod over the world on the pretense of protecting countries. Or just no pretense at all, as was Iraq. Over 20,000,000 victims since WW2.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Liar Wrote:

The last time you tried to tell me that I asked you who you're protecting us from. You didn't know. [/quote]Liar, You never asked me that.  The answer is that we are protecting you from anyone who might try to harm your ability to ship.  But if your point is that Canada doesn't need the U.S.' help I'm all for that.  Please go to that highly active "Canadians who Want the U.S. to Stop Helping Us" board and get out the vote!

Quote:
Unfortunately it's a lot more serious than that. The US is  running roughshod over the world on the pretense of protecting countries. Or just no pretense at all, as was Iraq. Over 20,000,000 victims since WW2.
So to be clear, you definitely are stating that you want the U.S. to stop protecting Canada (there being no one to protect you from) and you want Canada to return all the money and build its own defenses?

Good!  You are taking a step toward real libertarianism by wanting to get rid of what amounts to another layer of government which is what you have when you let another country totally dominate you.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Liar Wrote:

Quote:
The last time you tried to tell me that I asked you who you're protecting us from. You didn't know.
Liar, You never asked me that.  The answer is that we are protecting you from anyone who might try to harm your ability to ship.  But if your point is that Canada doesn't need the U.S.' help I'm all for that.  Please go to that highly active "Canadians who Want the U.S. to Stop Helping Us" board and get out the vote!

So to be clear, you definitely are stating that you want the U.S. to stop protecting Canada (there being no one to protect you from) and you want Canada to return all the money and build its own defenses?

Good!  You are taking a step toward real libertarianism by wanting to get rid of what amounts to another layer of government which is what you have when you let another country totally dominate you.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 11:30am:
Liar Wrote:

Liar, You never asked me that.  The answer is that we are protecting you from anyone who might try to harm your ability to ship.  But if your point is that Canada doesn't need the U.S.' help I'm all for that.  Please go to that highly active "Canadians who Want the U.S. to Stop Helping Us" board and get out the vote!

No, I didn't lie. And so who is trying to harm our ability to ship? As far as I know, there's no country threatened that or is contemplating doing that.

What is happening is the US under Trump is trying to demand unfair advantages in the NAFTA agreement. It's not working because as I've told you, the US has no leverage over Canada's trade anymore. The opposidte has become true. (let's talk about NAFTA negotiations)

Quote:

Exactly!

Quote:

I've told you people about the scam that is Nato many times. It's an org that benefits the US under the guise of protecting other member countries.

In a nutshell, the US threatens to pull out of Nato and the UN but the world knows it won't ever happen. The US uses both to justify it's aggression. As was the case at least once, when the UN wouldn't allow the US to start a war, Nato did.

It's over now and I've also told you why that is. Ask me for details if you want to continue the conversation.

As for the libertarian idea you've promoted, I'll have to try to decipher that.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Reverend Don said:

Quote:

Exactly!
Good, convince those other moose-heads and we can stop throwing money down that rathole.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
Reverend Don said:

Good, convince those other moose-heads and we can stop throwing money down that rathole.

I'll look into it to see if we're getting something for our money.
And I'll get back to you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Damage Control Lies.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy