Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun! (Read 297 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Nov 6th, 2017 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Government explained it this way:

Quote:
At one point, the shooter tried to get a license to carry a gun in Texas but was denied by the state, Abbott said, citing the director of Texas' Department of Public Safety.
"So how was it that he was able to get a gun? By all the facts that we seem to know, he was not supposed to have access to a gun," Abbott said. "So how did this happen?"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

Yeah, how'd that happen?  His application for a carry permit was denied.  Praise Allah for common sense gun laws, huh!

The only effect that the left's whining about guns had on this situation was that in a Baptist church full of Texans, not one of them had a gun to put an end to the massacre.

Thanks, Liberals!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Government explained it this way:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

Yeah, how'd that happen?  His application for a carry permit was denied.  Praise Allah for common sense gun laws, huh!

The only effect that the left's whining about guns had on this situation was that in a Baptist church full of Texans, not one of them had a gun to put an end to the massacre.

Thanks, Liberals!

Just as likely that the common sense gun law wasn't enacted. That would have stopped him from getting his gun at a gun show. Even Osama could get one there.

There probably was somebody in the church that had a gun but wouldn't have had a chance to use it. Or more likely, was afraid to use it. Fat chance up against somebody with an semi-auto AR type weapon.

And besides, if nobody was packing their gun to church then that was because they didn't think they needed it.

WHY WOULD ANYBODY EVER THINK OF NEEDING A GUN IN  A CHURCH?

What has now been established is that you need a gun wherever you go in the US.

Blame the liberals for that. Had they not tried to limit guns then none of this would have happened. Right?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Noted Legal Expert Don_G-I-Wish-I-Knew-Something-About-Gun-Laws Wrote:

Quote:
Just as likely that the common sense gun law wasn't enacted. That would have stopped him from getting his gun at a gun show.
He bought his gun at a gun store, not a gun show.  Passed his background check and everything even though he was court martial in the Air Force for beating up his wife.

Man, those background checks are a sound investment of our tax dollars!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 5:41pm:
Noted Legal Expert Don_G-I-Wish-I-Knew-Something-About-Gun-Laws Wrote:

He bought his gun at a gun store, not a gun show.  Passed his background check and everything even though he was court martial in the Air Force for beating up his wife.

Man, those background checks are a sound investment of our tax dollars!

Yup, it's a farce because they do everything they can in Texas to make sure there are not enforced gun laws.

You figure it out, and keep killing your fellow Americans until you do.

Me? What is it about "I don't give a kcuf how many you kill". It's only making the world a safer place for humans.

Even though congrats, it set some new records!

IP Logged

Bickeran
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 6:05pm:
Me? What is it about "I don't give a kcuf how many you kill". It's only making the world a safer place for humans.

in X-Men universe do you want mutants with dangerous powers have to get registered? also if some mutants have VERY dangerous powers like nuke but not done nothing wrong, do you want to kill those ones BEFORE they can hurt others?

just asking a questin i really think will help you understand libertarian, don't dodge like Jeff would just answer

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Recovering Gunophobe Don_Gerkoff Wrote:

Quote:
Yup, it's a farce because they do everything they can in Texas to make sure there are not enforced gun laws.
Actually, you're wrong again, Don.  Sorry . . .

Turns out that the reason this shooter was able to buy an assault rifle was that the Air Force "forgot" to add his felony conviction for assaulting his wife to the federal database.

Doh!

I'm sure your answer is "Well, that's why we have to just take away rights from everyone!  Whaddaya think - federal employees are gonna do their jobs or sumpin?"

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There probably was somebody in the church that had a gun but wouldn't have had a chance to use it. Or more likely, was afraid to use it. Fat chance up against somebody with an semi-auto AR type weapon.
Interesting ideas about what might have happened.  Fortunately, we know what actually did happen so such speculation is moot.  The gunman was stopped from shooting by the first armed citizen who encountered him.  Thanks to the vagueness of Texas law and the propensity of law enforcement to deliberately misinterpret the law as prohibiting armed citizens, the church members were evidently under the impression that it is illegal to take a gun to church.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 8:39pm:
Interesting ideas about what might have happened.  Fortunately, we know what actually did happen so such speculation is moot.  The gunman was stopped from shooting by the first armed citizen who encountered him.  Thanks to the vagueness of Texas law and the propensity of law enforcement to deliberately misinterpret the law as prohibiting armed citizens, the church members were evidently under the impression that it is illegal to take a gun to church.

Seems to me that what actually did happen is that the shooter had finished work for the day and was headed home.

But it's an irrelevant distinction because he killed 26 and wasn't limited to 1 or 2.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:51pm:

Turns out that the reason this shooter was able to buy an assault rifle was that the Air Force "forgot" to add his felony conviction for assaulting his wife to the federal database.

Doh!

I'm sure your answer is "Well, that's why we have to just take away rights from everyone!  Whaddaya think - federal employees are gonna do their jobs or sumpin?"

My answer is that in Canada the air force wouldn't have forgot to add his name to the data base. I don't think the air force would have had anything to do with it. I don't even know if beating one's wife would be a reason to disallow him from having a gun? I could try to find out though.

I think there are just too many differences in Canada to make it even worth it.

Actually, I don't know why Americans even care?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 6th, 2017 at 7:51pm:

Doh!

Yes. That is what happened. Another government failure.

BTW, as I'm sure you know modern assault rifles are capable of fully automatic fire, and that's not what he bought or used.

I have an old style "assault rifle", one of the type used during the Revolutionary War. It's a muzzle loading single shot flintlock ignition assault rifle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy