Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun! (Read 295 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Reply #50 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:20am:
I guess what I should have said was that maybe the distinction should be moot.  It's kind of silly to argue whether a murderer is crazy.  Killing someone is a crazy thing to do and a person who does that must be locked up for the protection of other individuals.
There is a real distinction. Killing people because you are crazy is essentially different from killing people because killing gives you pleasure.

Our law takes note of that.

You, in your ignorance, flounder around blathering about things you don't understand.

I favor the death penalty for people who killed because they enjoyed it, or people who killed for personal profit... For other things too...

This despite the fact that I sincerely believe killing is immoral. There are still people I would like to see hung.

Go figure.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Burnsred and monkey boy, it's not possible that Americans will be receptive of the idea of rehabilitation overnight. But to get them talking about it is a huge step forward.

Both of you are full of ideas that would ensure the concept wouldn't be acceptable. I'm at least pleased to hear both of you take the time to at least argue the issue.

So rather than go around in circles maybe it would be better to try to discover, what motivates a libertarian? We'll do that now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Burnsred and monkey boy, it's not possible that Americans will be receptive of the idea of rehabilitation overnight.
Everybody would be delighted to know how to do it. We are interested in not having to keep murderers/rapists in prison at great expense for decades. Tell us how to rehabilitate them. Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Texas Mass Shooter Wasn't Supposed to Be Carrying a Gun!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy