Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › what do libertians think abought suaside or asstided suaside
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) what do libertians think abought suaside or asstided suaside (Read 130 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

what do libertians think abought suaside or asstided suaside
Nov 9th, 2017 at 3:58am
Print Post  
i am for in ur body ur bizness maby then less  people would jump on the train tracks in nyc i would love if suaside boths from frutreroama where real on joke real talk

IP Logged

burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: what do libertians think abought suaside or asstided suaside
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Go right ahead, sir!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
The most fundamental principle of libertarianism is self-ownership.  Suicide is one of those natural rights like self-defense.

Physician-assisted suicide is "legal" in the following states;

Oregon
Washington
Vermont
California
Montana
Colorado
Washington DC

The State declaring suicide "illegal" is dumb.  Because it cannot be prosecuted in a court of Law.  There is no "rehabilitation" or punishment for someone who chooses to end their own life.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
The most fundamental principle of libertarianism is self-ownership.  Suicide is one of those natural rights like self-defense.

Physician-assisted suicide is "legal" in the following states;

Oregon
Washington
Vermont
California
Montana
Colorado
Washington DC

The State declaring suicide "illegal" is dumb.  Because it cannot be prosecuted in a court of Law.  There is no "rehabilitation" or punishment for someone who chooses to end their own life.

Not to state my opinion one way or the other because to me that's not the most important consideration here.

But to say that nothing can be nuanced and thought out completely with you. You have this faux-libertarian agenda that's always kneejerk. It has a lot to do with pseudo-libertarianism in general and why their ideas can never be reality in politics.

At least Jeff and burnsred differ in that respect. Jeff when he's serious and sober at least.

You're always too easy to read Skyfairy. Simplistic nonsense dribbling out of your ears all the time.  The world doesn't work that way.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Obviously suicide shouldn't be illegal.  Assisted suicide should be legal but there should be some checks.  A third party evaluation of the person requesting it.  I wouldn't want a society where ingrate kids just bully their parents into suicide to speed up inheritance.

I'd let Dr's professional organizations set the rules so long as they don't seem crazy. 

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
You have this faux-libertarian agenda that's always kneejerk. It has a lot to do with pseudo-libertarianism in general and why their ideas can never be reality in politics.

You're always too easy to read Skyfairy. Simplistic nonsense dribbling out of your ears all the time.  The world doesn't work that way.

Your frustration is understandable.  Your views are insignificant on this forum, and I tower over you intellectually.  Naturally, you lash out in anger.

In the future, try to formulate a sensible argument, Don_G.  Your feeble ad-hominem attacks bore me.
Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:15pm:
Your frustration is understandable.  Your views are insignificant on this forum, and I tower over you intellectually.  Naturally, you lash out in anger.

In the future, try to formulate a sensible argument, Don_G.  Your feeble ad-hominem attacks bore me.
Smiley

You are an annoyance, I have to admit. But there's no chance of you being any threat to my ideas because you can't even claim a workable agenda.

Can somebody like you find allies when you have already admitted defeat of the libertarian philosophy? I would like to hear it!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
You are an annoyance, I have to admit. But there's no chance of you being any threat to my ideas because you can't even claim a workable agenda.

Can somebody like you find allies when you have already admitted defeat of the libertarian philosophy? I would like to hear it!

I refuse engage in a tit-for-tat exchange of insults with you.    Let's discuss the topic.  I said:

SkyChief wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 12:06pm:

Is my logic flawed?   How would you propose to rehabilitate someone who has killed themself?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:29pm:
I refuse engage in a tit-for-tat exchange of insults with you.    Let's discuss the topic.  I said:

Is my logic flawed?   How would you propose to rehabilitate someone who has killed themself?

Against my better judgment because it's always just too simplistic with you. I suppose it has to be with a libertarian.

For example: A non-starter question of how to rehab somebody who has killed oneself.

And as to your simplistic politics: You come on as usual with only one consideration on suicide and your imagined right to do so. There are several other considerations that are beyond your ability to understand.

The best approach with somebody like you is to not try to explain something more complicated than basic libertarian imaginings. It's better to lead them to water and hope they will drink. Or in the case of a forum, somebody else will tell you.

As to how we will discuss issues between us. I'll be telling you how we'll do it. Basically, it will be on my terms or not at all.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
As to how we will discuss issues between us. I'll be telling you how we'll do it. Basically, it will be on my terms or not at all.

Very well. Discussion over.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › what do libertians think abought suaside or asstided suaside
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy