Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How do the Libertarians here Feel about Conscription?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How do the Libertarians here Feel about Conscription? (Read 326 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How do the Libertarians here Feel about Conscription?
Reply #50 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
This is sorta on topic, and sorta not...  Anyway, 

"US Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues.

The decision to open Army recruiting to those with mental health conditions comes as the service faces the challenging goal of recruiting 80,000 new soldiers through September 2018. To meet last year's goal of 69,000, the Army accepted more recruits who fared poorly on aptitude tests, increased the number of waivers granted for marijuana use and offered hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/12/army-lifts-ban-recruits-...

It's a little worrisome that loony tunes are now being accepted as soldiers in the Military.  But its good they increased the number of waivers granted for marijuana use.  Pot smokers aren't a threat to anyone.  Hmmm... On second thought, maybe that's a not such a good thing... Huh

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:28pm:
This is sorta on topic, and sorta not...  Anyway, 

"US Army lifts ban on waivers for recruits with history of some mental health issues.

The decision to open Army recruiting to those with mental health conditions comes as the service faces the challenging goal of recruiting 80,000 new soldiers through September 2018. To meet last year's goal of 69,000, the Army accepted more recruits who fared poorly on aptitude tests, increased the number of waivers granted for marijuana use and offered hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/12/army-lifts-ban-recruits-...

It's a little worrisome that loony tunes are now being accepted as soldiers in the Military.  But its good they increased the number of waivers granted for marijuana use.  Pot smokers aren't a threat to anyone.  Hmmm... On second thought, maybe that's a not such a good thing... Huh

Why are you even posting on a libertarian forum? You haven't the slightest idea of what the term even  means. Now you're discriminating against people for their minor idiosyncracies that are outside of the strictest norm.

Yes, it's off-topic. Fuk off until you're invited to take part.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 6:47pm:
Why are you even posting on a libertarian forum?

If you have to ask, you couldn't possibly understand. You'll always be on the outside looking in, Din_G-Don_G. 

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 11:35am:
If you have to ask, you couldn't possibly understand. You'll always be on the outside looking in, Din_G-Don_G. 

I'm obviously very happy to be on the outside looking in. You're trying to use my words to you but they're not applicable.

Your idea of what is libertarian is consistent with what the others understand as libertarian, except you are serious and take it to the extreme while they are semi-serious and tend to face reality from time to time. Jeff? What a joke for libertarianism.

The point is, what you imagine as libertarian is just 'pie in the sky' and always will be. Keep up the good work!

My alternative is something that could be called libertarian and could actually become mainstream politics. It's actually 'socially responsible capitalism' but you're all to far right to be able to understand and start to accept it.

Your dilemma is in having to try to support that which can never be. We'll get there sooner or later but you will likley be left behind!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 3:26pm:
My alternative is something that could be called libertarian and could actually become mainstream politics. It's actually 'socially responsible capitalism' but you're all to far right to be able to understand and start to accept it.
Why not explain what you mean by "socially responsible capitalism" so we can judge if our understanding of it is correct?

My guess is you aren't allowed to actually talk about it, or, you really have no idea what it means.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
The point is, what you imagine as libertarian is just 'pie in the sky' and always will be. Keep up the good work!

I wont allow you to re-define libertarianism. Most of the people on this forum know exactly what it is.   Libertarian ideals are just that - ideals.  Something to strive for.  Something that we lost when Big Government took over.  If you want to label that "pie in the sky", fine by me.

Your dilemma is in having to try to support that which can never be. We'll get there sooner or later but you will likley be left behind!

Delusional.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
I wont allow you to re-define libertarianism. Most of the people on this forum know exactly what it is.   Libertarian ideals are just that - ideals.  Something to strive for.  Something that we lost when Big Government took over.  If you want to label that "pie in the sky", fine by me.

Delusional.
Your idea of libertarianism is abnormal. It can never be put into practice. That means that you're abnormal.

No, everybody doesn't agree on very much at all. I'll redefine what it means and turn your delusions into something that is possible.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How do the Libertarians here Feel about Conscription?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy