Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tax Advocates: Would You Personally Aim a Gun at Your Neighbor . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Tax Advocates: Would You Personally Aim a Gun at Your Neighbor . . . (Read 369 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Tax Advocates: Would You Personally Aim a Gun at Your Neighbor . . .
Reply #40 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 3:29pm:
I think the libertarian idea of smaller government is a good idea but I've never heard them express and idea of how to achieve that.

I have explained to you many times the first step to achieving smaller government is to reduce government revenues by eliminating unnecessary taxes. This is a practical way to reduce the size and scope of government.

Do you think the government could support 780 Military bases in 70 foreign countries without excessive taxation?   Do you think the government could engage in Nation-building operations without excessive taxation?  US Military Intervention into foreign civil wars?

Of course not.  We need to cut up Congress' credit card.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-fair-society/201108/what-s-the-matter-l...

It's good reading chief but it wouldn't apply to you. Maybe Jeff and burnsred in some different ways. Your problem is that you are ignorant enough to actually believe in it and that's as far as I need to go with understanding you.

What is left to understanding you is, what it was to cause you to turn against society? I'm thinking the government gave you a good smackdown for tax evasion or something similar. You have a big chip on your shoulder against government and that's translated into your fantasies over the libertarian schtick.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn about what makes you nutbars tick.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
What is left to understanding you is, what it was to cause you to turn against society? I'm thinking the government gave you a good smackdown for tax evasion or something similar.

You're completely wrong. I have never been given  "a good smackdown for tax evasion or something similar."  I got audited once.  It was discovered that we over-paid, and we got a refund.    Go ahead - call me a liar.  I love it when you do that. 

Don_G wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
You have a big chip on your shoulder against government and that's translated into your fantasies over the libertarian schtick.

Wrong again.   I don't have a "chip on my shoulder against the government".   The government is too big. It needs to be trimmed down to a proper size.  The only way to achieve that is by taking away the government's only means of obtaining wealth. . . . . TAXES.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
You're completely wrong. I have never been given  "a good smackdown for tax evasion or something similar."  I got audited once.  It was discovered that we over-paid, and we got a refund.    Go ahead - call me a liar.  I love it when you do that. 

Wrong again.   I don't have a "chip on my shoulder against the government".   The government is too big. It needs to be trimmed down to a proper size.  The only way to achieve that is by taking away the government's only means of obtaining wealth. . . . . TAXES.

If that's not it then there's something. You've got a chip on your shoulder against government for some reason. This kind of shit you promote can't come naturally. Something your mommy was/is/taught you? You've over protective of her repuation obviously if you have to report me for something that had nothing to do with insulting mommy.

Or was it daddy who was politcally kinked?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
If that's not it then there's something.

The government's existence is wrong and immoral because it uses force and aggresses by nature.

I say this even though, without the government, I would have died many times over.

Do you think I'm saying government is wrong out of self-interest? Government has kept me alive. Government has given me the opportunity to prove my innocence. That would not be a requirement of a private court, who would find it more expedient to get rid of the one others are complaining about to max their profits and min their wasted resources. The most successful private courts wouldn't care about what really happened; they would simply act to maximise their profits.

Do you seriously believe I - who knows this - would tell you government is immoral out of self-interest? I tell you government is immoral because it is immoral.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
The government's existence is wrong and immoral because it uses force and aggresses by nature.

I say this even though, without the government, I would have died many times over.

Do you think I'm saying government is wrong out of self-interest? Government has kept me alive. Government has given me the opportunity to prove my innocence. That would not be a requirement of a private court, who would find it more expedient to get rid of the one others are complaining about to max their profits and min their wasted resources. The most successful private courts wouldn't care about what really happened; they would simply act to maximise their profits.

Do you seriously believe I - who knows this - would tell you government is immoral out of self-interest? I tell you government is immoral because it is immoral.
Yes, just as if you killed someone in self defense.

The Donat is a simple minded ideologue, perhaps not even a real person but one of those new AD things... (That stands for artificial dumbhead if you don't know.) He's ineducable in his current state of confusion.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
If that's not it then there's something. You've got a chip on your shoulder against government for some reason. This kind of shit you promote can't come naturally. Something your mommy was/is/taught you? You've over protective of her repuation obviously if you have to report me for something that had nothing to do with insulting mommy.

Or was it daddy who was politcally kinked?

You're remarkably dim-witted.  The evidence is this pathetic attempt to goad me by insulting my parents.  Nothing you say about my parents is true. 

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm all for rehabilitation in my prisons.  Please tell me how it is done and how the rehabilitation if verified before the prisoner is released.

If you're not interested enough to find out about it yourself then that indicates you aren't interested.
Doesn't work that way, Don.  Your making an assertion doesn't obligate me to google the whole internet to find out if you're right or not.  In fact, I'm not completely sure what your factual assertion is.  I understand that you think that prisons "should" rehabilitate prisoners and you seem to imply that such rehabilitation would make long incarcerations unnecessary.  I assume that you mean that the public will be safe from rehabilitated prisoners released after shorter incarcerations than their crimes would normally call for but that assumption may be incorrect as assumptions often are.

If that is your assertion, it is up to you to show that it works, not me because I'm not claiming that it does.  If your assertion is that we should be releasing prisoners early after some kind of rehab program, regardless of evidence that it is effective, that is opinion not fact, so no amount of research would tell me more about your opinion.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
Doesn't work that way, Don.  Your making an assertion doesn't obligate me to google the whole internet to find out if you're right or not.  In fact, I'm not completely sure what your factual assertion is.  I understand that you think that prisons "should" rehabilitate prisoners and you seem to imply that such rehabilitation would make long incarcerations unnecessary.  I assume that you mean that the public will be safe from rehabilitated prisoners released after shorter incarcerations than their crimes would normally call for but that assumption may be incorrect as assumptions often are.

If that is your assertion, it is up to you to show that it works, not me because I'm not claiming that it does.  If your assertion is that we should be releasing prisoners early after some kind of rehab program, regardless of evidence that it is effective, that is opinion not fact, so no amount of research would tell me more about your opinion.

Well then you've said it all. No amount of research is going to convince you. You are simply opposed to rehabilitation and you aren't going to change your mind.

At least I can leave this topic with some satisfaction burnsred. You are at least partially ashamed of not being in favour of rehabilitation of prisoners and you're all in favour of continuing your country's program of punitive punishment.

Can you blame me for not seeing any hope in continuing?

So go ahead and accuse me of not supporting and sticking around to argue for the systems of the world that actually work!

You're stuck with your country's system that obviously doesn't work. Now, do you feel proud of yourself for being the uncontested winner of the debate?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 1:01pm:
Well then you've said it all. No amount of research is going to convince you. You are simply opposed to rehabilitation and you aren't going to change your mind.
Show me the research before you make that claim.

Quote:
At least I can leave this topic with some satisfaction burnsred. You are at least partially ashamed of not being in favour of rehabilitation of prisoners and you're all in favour of continuing your country's program of punitive punishment.

Can you blame me for not seeing any hope in continuing?

So go ahead and accuse me of not supporting and sticking around to argue for the systems of the world that actually work!

You're stuck with your country's system that obviously doesn't work. Now, do you feel proud of yourself for being the uncontested winner of the debate?
Nah, you made it too easy by not even trying.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tax Advocates: Would You Personally Aim a Gun at Your Neighbor . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy