Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Random Brit I Met: Texans are the Least Racist People on Earth
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Random Brit I Met: Texans are the Least Racist People on Earth (Read 79 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Random Brit I Met: Texans are the Least Racist People on Earth
Nov 12th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
He was a financial guy who worked in London, New York and Los Angeles and finally Houston.  He said, "Everyone told me that there would be nothing but racists when I moved to Texas.  Texans are the least racist people in the world.  They don't give a crappity smack what color you are.  All they care about is 'how hard will you work and how much money will you make for me.'  Other than that, who gives a shit?"

Definitely true in Houston, which is a whole city of workaholics.  That's why we have the fewest fine art venues and the most strip clubs.  We need our entertainment in small but effective doses that allow us to get back to work.

*EDIT TO ADD*

I did not know that this forum has an auto-censor that changes the obscene word for the act of love to "crappity smack."  I thought that was just something Jeff liked to say. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Random Brit I Met: Texans are the Least Racist People on Earth
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 9:15am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
He was a financial guy who worked in London, New York and Los Angeles and finally Houston.  He said, "Everyone told me that there would be nothing but racists when I moved to Texas.  Texans are the least racist people in the world.  They don't give a crappity smack what color you are.  All they care about is 'how hard will you work and how much money will you make for me.'  Other than that, who gives a shit?"

Definitely true in Houston, which is a whole city of workaholics.  That's why we have the fewest fine art venues and the most strip clubs.  We need our entertainment in small but effective doses that allow us to get back to work.

*EDIT TO ADD*

I did not know that this forum has an auto-censor that changes the obscene word for the act of love to "crappity smack."  I thought that was just something Jeff liked to say. 

I've met people from Texas who were extremely racist.

Crapity Smack is not properly applied to acts of love, but to acts of aggressive violence... have you never noticed the look on someone's face when they extend their middle finger and say "Crappity Smack you asshole"? It's not a look of love.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I've met people from Texas who were extremely racist.

Must have been black folks.  They tend to hate white people.  Given our media portrayal of race relations, it's hard to blame them.  Also a lot of first and second generation Latin-Americans are racist and don't even know they're no supposed to be.

I think that my Brit friend was referring to white people.  And as I said, in Houston, the stereotype of racism in Texas is completely invalid.  A white person would rather work with the blackest black person than they whitest white person if the black person could be relied on to work even a little harder than the white.  When all the folks from Louisiana came to Texas after Katrina, many whites expected them to lazy and useless having come from the welfare-centered culture of New Orleans.  But the got caught up in our culture of work and success and are now indistinguishable from other Houstonians except for their love of boudin. 

A student in my evening English classes told me the motto of Houston should be "Bienvenidos . . . pues? . . . a trabajar!"  which means, "Welcome . . . well? . . . to work!"

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
As a rule, foreigners are more racist than americans but there certainly are some pretty shitty racists in the US.  For the most part, we are ashamed of it and tend to see it as a problem.  Most foreigners don't think its a problem and aren't ashamed.  For example, chinese people will tell you that the Chinese aren't racist but a minute later explain that black people are just dirty and calling people white devils is just a descriptions. 

Poland recently had 50K+ NAZI's march through Warsaw, in their biggest rally decades, the US had a few hundred NAZI's and assorted white supremecists march in Charlotte.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 10:11pm:

*EDIT TO ADD*

From the perspective of somebody who has become a Texan.
Of course nobody has any reason to be a racist if black and Hispanic people are quietly working along for Texans. At low wages, with not union rights to negotiate fair wages, and making money hand over fist for Texans.

How sad you would even try to construct this lie in the interest of hiding the real facts.

Some of us know only too well what makes a good and peaceful Ni--er or Sp-c.

It's pretty obvious why Texans don't need to even think of being racists. Until somebody upsets the apple cart and tries to organize coloured people.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Of course nobody has any reason to be a racist if black and Hispanic people are quietly working along for Texans. At low wages, with not union rights to negotiate fair wages, and making money hand over fist for Texans.
In the fantasy of Texans that people north of the south side of Dallas have in mind, what you say is completely true.

In reality, these new Texans brag about how much money they make and especially how much nicer and less expensive things like housing, food and entertainment are.

But enjoy your hate of Texas if it keeps you warm during those Canadian winters . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
In the fantasy of Texans that people north of the south side of Dallas have in mind, what you say is completely true.

In reality, these new Texans brag about how much money they make and especially how much nicer and less expensive things like housing, food and entertainment are.

But enjoy your hate of Texas if it keeps you warm during those Canadian winters . . .

I don't give a fu-k about Texas in the winter time or the summer time.

ON another thread it's you who is speaking of a racism problem in Texas that seems to cause a necessity of dictating who gets hired according to their skin colour. Do you have no shame?

I don't hate Texas, I hate what Texas stands for and I can talk about that until the cows come home. I was introduced to it by 'Thelma and Louise' many years ago and that led me to paying attention to the suggestions made by that movie.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Thelma Wrote:

Quote:
I don't hate Texas, I hate what Texas stands for and I can talk about that until the cows come home. I was introduced to it by 'Thelma and Louise' many years ago and that led me to paying attention to the suggestions made by that movie.
Really, Thelma?  The cows often take a long time to come home given our wide open spaces.

I saw about thirty seconds of that movie about twenty years ago, IRRC.  Didn't Thelma and Louise drive off a cliff at the end because men suck or something like that?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Nov 13th, 2017 at 2:40pm:
Thelma Wrote:

Really, Thelma?  The cows often take a long time to come home given our wide open spaces.

I saw about thirty seconds of that movie about twenty years ago, IRRC.  Didn't Thelma and Louise drive off a cliff at the end because men suck or something like that?

You are solely responsible for your childish remarks burnsred.

And i think the truth is that you did indeed watch the movie and you literally hate what it said about Texas.

And yes, in the movie Thelma and Louise drove off a cliff into the Grand Canyon I think it was.

So you see burnsred, when you make claims about no racism in Texas, or agree with such claims, you are actually reinforcing the truth more than anything. It illustrates that disclaimers are needed.

And you've succeeded with flying colours!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
I knew a man from Maine who despised French Canadians. He called them all sorts of vile names and claimed they were all dumber than fresh cut tree stumps... Does that prove anything about either Maine or French Canadians?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Random Brit I Met: Texans are the Least Racist People on Earth
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy