Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › in a direct democracy that votes by consensus are taxes theft?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) in a direct democracy that votes by consensus are taxes theft? (Read 83 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

in a direct democracy that votes by consensus are taxes theft?
Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
if every one votes for it then i dont think it is

IP Logged

Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: in a direct democracy that votes by consensus are taxes theft?
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:42pm:

Good for you, you've dropped the bullshit game of grammar/spelling. So it deserves attention.

Taxation is not theft. This is economics 101 at the basest level. Taxation is the bill you get from your government for goods and services you have received. If you don't want the bill then don't use the goods and services.

It couldn't be any simpler. Anything else is just batshit crazy. There is simply no more equitable way of paying the bills. Some have been tried, such as the Kansas experiment but they have all failed.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Taxation is theft.  You do not have a choice to pay it therefore its theft.   I suppose if you personally vote for the tax then it isn't theft but otherwise it is. 

It is however necessary.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Good for you, you've dropped the bullshit game of grammar/spelling. So it deserves attention.

Taxation is not theft. This is economics 101 at the basest level. Taxation is the bill you get from your government for goods and services you have received. If you don't want the bill then don't use the goods and services.

It couldn't be any simpler. Anything else is just batshit crazy. There is simply no more equitable way of paying the bills. Some have been tried, such as the Kansas experiment but they have all failed.

so if i live off the grid in an unincorporated area  that i should live tax free i am not anti tax btw i am a realist that knows the system will try to keep u in there grasp also don g i was not playing a game i am, bad with spelling and grama the only rezen i graduated high school with a standered diploma from new york state is cuz thay let me type ever thing and then a would take hours to correct it i am not gana put that much effort in to a forum post

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:02pm:
Taxation is theft.  You do not have a choice to pay it therefore its theft.   I suppose if you personally vote for the tax then it isn't theft but otherwise it is. 

It is however necessary. 

Taxation is not theft because you do have a choice on whether you pay or not. It's no different than going into a store and buying something, then being forced to pay for it.

This is just too elementary for 'you' to be arguing ahhell. You know very well that the the tax bills your receive will directly reflect that which you have purchased.

You may be able to argue in the grocery store that the price is too high for the tomatoes you want to buy but it's not usually going to be effective. Likewise, you can argue with the government and it usually won't be effective. But at least with the government, you have a forum provided for you in which your argument will be heard. And you do have the option of moving to a different city, state, country in which you will be able to avoid at least some of the bills.

Only a pseudo-libertarian will have trouble understanding these basic facts. I would suggest that a real ibertarian would begin to promote measures to lower tax bills and even to eliminate some of those bills.

See the discussion on the Norway prison system. Some answers are staring you directly in the face. Real libertarianism is all in succeeding with an endgame!

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 2:14pm:
Taxation is not theft because you do have a choice on whether you pay or not. It's no different than going into a store and buying something, then being forced to pay for it.

This is just too elementary for 'you' to be arguing ahhell. You know very well that the the tax bills your receive will directly reflect that which you have purchased.

You may be able to argue in the grocery store that the price is too high for the tomatoes you want to buy but it's not usually going to be effective. Likewise, you can argue with the government and it usually won't be effective. But at least with the government, you have a forum provided for you in which your argument will be heard. And you do have the option of moving to a different city, state, country in which you will be able to avoid at least some of the bills.

Only a pseudo-libertarian will have trouble understanding these basic facts. I would suggest that a real ibertarian would begin to promote measures to lower tax bills and even to eliminate some of those bills.

See the discussion on the Norway prison system. Some answers are staring you directly in the face. Real libertarianism is all in succeeding with an endgame!

get rich in america and dont pay ur income taxes see how fast u get arrested

IP Logged

Bickeran
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Nov 14th, 2017 at 1:42pm:

yes

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
It's still bullshit.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Taxation is the bill you get from your government for goods and services you have received. If you don't want the bill then don't use the goods and services.
Have you lost your mind completely?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2017 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
If they voted by consensus that naturally red-headed people could be owned by non-gingers would that be slavery?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › in a direct democracy that votes by consensus are taxes theft?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy