Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Ideas and Principles Only Please.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian Ideas and Principles Only Please. (Read 758 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian Ideas and Principles Only Please.
Nov 23rd, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Please no spamming. If some people want a serious discussion on libertarianism then let's have it here. Let's bring  the ideas out to the light of day and see if they can stand up to scrutiny.

Thanks for your cooperation ahead of time. I'll be asking the forum owner to police this thread and delete any comments that aren't sincere and on topic.

If nothing else, we'll see how many people are sincere. Isn't it about time?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian Ideas and Principles Only Please.
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 12:24pm:
I'll be asking the forum owner to police this thread and delete any comments that aren't sincere and on topic.

Good luck with that!   Grin   Grin

This is a libertarian's forum, dummy.  Nobody will be censoring the comments on this thread. 

We embrace FREEDOM OF SPEECH on this forum.  Now, there's a libertarian idea for you to ponder!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 12:59pm:
Good luck with that!   Grin   Grin

This is a libertarian's forum, dummy.  Nobody will be censoring the comments on this thread. 

We embrace FREE SPEECH on this forum.  Now, there's a libertarian idea for you to ponder!

I embrace free speech too and I'm genuine in saying that. But right now merkelstan is trying to have me censored for my opinions. It's almost certainly because of my opinions because I can claim the high ground as much as any other poster on this forum.

So you see, that puts the lie to your comment already. However, it's aimed at the topic of libertarianism and so I'll ignore the insult and not report it.

It's your forum as much as it is mine. I'm offering an opportunity for a libertarian discussion. Can you do your part here and condemn that which doesn't conform to my initiative?

It's really just a question of whether libertarians can be libertarians and stand their ground on their beliefs, without needed to ask for protection from beliefs that are sometimes contrary to the mainstream libertarianism being proposed. If it can't stand that much heat then it is surely doomed to being lost in the shuffle of politics.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:10pm:
It's your forum as much as it is mine. I'm offering an opportunity for a libertarian discussion. Can you do your part here and condemn that which doesn't conform to my initiative?

I pointed out that your opening statement smacks of anti-libertarianism.  Conformity is not in my DNA.

Right out of the gate, you have put limitations on the "acceptable" response you will allow.    Can't you see the absurdity of that?

It's really just a question of whether libertarians can be libertarians and stand their ground on their beliefs, without needed to ask for protection from beliefs that are sometimes contrary to the mainstream libertarianism being proposed. If it can't stand that much heat then it is surely doomed to being lost in the shuffle of politics.

Could you provide some examples when a libertarian asked for special protection from scrutiny of libertarian principles?  I'm sincerely interested.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:19pm:
I pointed out that your opening statement smacks of anti-libertarianism.  Conformity is not in my DNA.

Right out of the gate, you have put limitations on the "acceptable" response you will allow.    Can't you see the absurdity of that?

I would say that the limitations I placed on this thread are completely acceptable. It was done with an honest intent of keeping the spamming out. This forum is already 2/3's spamming. On the other hand you started off by calling me a dummy.

Quote:
Could you provide some examples when a libertarian asked for special protection from scrutiny of libertarian principles?  I'm sincerely interested.

I already did by referring to merklestan's comments. And you have tried to do the same thing dozens of time. So say what you have to say about it and then let's move on.

But I'll also say, if you're not afraid of scrutiny of libertarian principles then just stop trying to stop me from doing that when I think scrutiny is justified.

What isn't justified and proper on this forum is the kind of nonsense that Oppo and his other personas are up to. And that includes Jeff when we refer to him as drunk.

Would it be libertarian to just try to ignore that kind of flame war they persist in using?

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
I embrace free speech too and I'm genuine in saying that. But right now merkelstan is trying to have me censored for my opinions. It's almost certainly because of my opinions because I can claim the high ground as much as any other poster on this forum.

So you see, that puts the lie to your comment already. However, it's aimed at the topic of libertarianism and so I'll ignore the insult and not report it.

so if some dose the wroung thing to u u want to do the same wroung thing to everyone and dude ur a progressive witch is fine  we would be no better then mussileni or pole pot if we cencered desenting ponts of view and i want every thing changed it is the olny way to have a healthily system is for open and honest debate on the topics not polishing shit up for the masses u perfusly undereducate cuz u think educated people will change sides gop and the other pandering to people that dont care what that pardy dose cuz thay demizes the other side dems both pardys suck and the moden libertian partdy is just being used by the coke bothers to filll there corporist agenda so tell me y should i trust any system that dose not focus on the negative side of things in the education system

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Libertarianism: Let's have a closer look at the notion that income taxes should be abolished. Besides the usual nonsense on the constitution that doesn't actually say anything real against it's necessity, is there any real objection to it as the fairest and most equitable form of taxation that is needed to run a country?

Can the libertarian favourite of taxing property somehow take it's place?

Can libertarianism actually work for a country (society) and if not then can any libertarian ideas be singled out and be applied to a system of government that is already existing and working to at least some extent.

All I ask is no spamming. That's fair regardless of what the chief says! Let's get into discovering if any part of it can be salvaged?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:41pm:
so if some dose the wroung thing to u u want to do the same wroung thing to everyone and dude ur a progressive witch is fine  we would be no better then mussileni or pole pot if we cencered desenting ponts of view and i want every thing changed it is the olny way to have a healthily system is for open and honest debate on the topics not polishing shit up for the masses u perfusly undereducate cuz u think educated people will change sides gop and the other pandering to people that dont care what that pardy dose cuz thay demizes the other side dems both pardys suck and the moden libertian partdy is just being used by the coke bothers to filll there corporist agenda so tell me y should i trust any system that dose not focus on the negative side of things in the education system

You're nothing but a spammer who has shown that he is capable of writing and spelling like a normal person.

To the others, is this what you want your forum to be? Isn't this imposter getting in the way of what you would like to hear on this forum?

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:46pm:
You're nothing but a spammer who has shown that he is capable of writing and spelling like a normal person.

To the others, is this what you want your forum to be? Isn't this imposter getting in the way of what you would like to hear on this forum?

ur funney dong y dont u just stay on tweter and facebook or any othere place thay saports ur sico-fashist agnda cencership is immoral and y do u think tax=imoral to all libertains some of us want to help the people sidtcy treats as an underclass but if u want to interpreat me as spam then maby u should pay the owner of the site so u can not see any of the posts i wright with out inhebiting any one elses right to use this place being infringed if u want something done find who owns the sight contact them and add a new fecture to the sight

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:34pm:
But I'll also say, if you're not afraid of scrutiny of libertarian principles then just stop trying to stop me from doing that when I think scrutiny is justified.

I have not stopped you from denigrating libertarian principles. I encourage it, actually.  It reaffirms the need for them. I did try to stop you when you attempted to re-define libertarianism - if it hadn't been me it would have been someone else.

Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:34pm:
Would it be libertarian to just try to ignore that kind of flame war they persist in using?

This IS a libertarian's forum.  Naturally, libertarians will marginalize those who call us crazy for believing in our core libertarian principles of self-ownership and limited government.

Don_G wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:43pm:
Let's have a closer look at the notion that income taxes should be abolished.... is there any real objection to it as the fairest and most equitable form of taxation that is needed to run a country?

There are millions of us who want income taxes abolished.  Income Tax enables wasteful spending by the government. You cannot have self-ownership with income taxes.  Period.  The [direct] Income Tax could easily be replaced with other [indirect] taxes.

Naturally, there will need to be significant Military and Entitlement spending cuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian Ideas and Principles Only Please.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy