Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rampant Race Baiting
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rampant Race Baiting (Read 282 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Rampant Race Baiting
Nov 24th, 2017 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Your forum is trash. Enough said.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rampant Race Baiting
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:34am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
Your forum is trash. Enough said.
It would be better if you stopped making all those racist comments that I've been pointing out.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:34am:
It would be better if you stopped making all those racist comments that I've been pointing out.

About half of your country has a problem with racism. I think that maybe you don't fit in that half. And some only betray their feelings to a smaller degree and quite innocently. The Chief did that when he posted the one on Lavar Ball.

The Chief doesn't stand out as being racist to any large degree but he demonstrated that he had been caught up in the racist momentum of current politics.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 8:34am:

The only person you should be pointing it out to is a moderator. Stop harassing me about it in every topic and do so.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
The only person you should be pointing it out to is a moderator. Stop harassing me about it in every topic and do so.

The moderator doesn't care. All of us have apppealed to him on different issues that would be good for the forum and he largely ignores it all.

The only way you can stop Jeff is by not hooking into his baiting of you. I'm still not sure if you really want to do that, or you're just trying to keep him wound up.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
The moderator doesn't care. All of us have appealed to him on different issues that would be good for the forum and he largely ignores it all.

No he doesn't. He bans people for racism.

I've made my opinion clear. I am against racism the action. Any action you deem racist, I am against. I am against discrimination.

I support racism the opinion, just like I support every opinion. I think people should be allowed to say and think whatever they like. Yes, without being called stupid or ignorant, especially if they have clear constructed arguments.

If this can't be stated on the forum anymore, if this is unacceptable, if this is hateful, I want the mod to tell me and I'll simply change my view.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:27pm:
No he doesn't. He bans people for racism.

I admit you could be right but I don't know why he banned the last one? Dissident right? If it was for racism then you are right.

Quote:
I've made my opinion clear. I am against racism the action. Any action you deem racist, I am against. I am against discrimination.

I have no reason to think otherwise.

Quote:
I support racism the opinion, just like I support every opinion. I think people should be allowed to say and think whatever they like. Yes, without being called stupid or ignorant, especially if they have clear constructed arguments.

The tenor of the forum is leading everybody to spamming. We can change that and one of the first ways could be isolating Jeff, therm, and maybe so other obvious cases.

Quote:
If this can't be stated on the forum anymore, if this is unacceptable, if this is hateful, I want the mod to tell me and I'll simply change my view.

I would like to hear a lot more opinions coming from the mod or the forum owner. I think a bit of policing would be of value. But I fear that Jeff would turn to mocking him and that would lead to him having to make a choice on allowing Jeff to stay. I thnk his priorities dictate that he wouldn't get rid of him.

Not to say that I want to see Jeff go, but that it would do the forum a lot of good if he was checked a bit. Deleting the most objectionable posts could work to some extent.

I don't cry to the mod very often so I won't this time. You do what you like.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
If the moderator doesn't moderate, I figure the moderator is happy with the way things are... I really can' t know, and don't know, what the moderator has in mind, but I'm going to keep pointing out your racist comments as long as you keep making them.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:27pm:
I support racism the opinion, just like I support every opinion. I think people should be allowed to say and think whatever they like.
You support evil opinions and seek to promulgate them. You are allowed to say such things, to a point... When what you say amounts to inciting insurrection, which promoting racial hostility often does, you are guilty of a crime.

It's another one of those limits on freedom of speech. Inciting to riot or insurrection or violent revolution is a crime.

A race war in the U.S. would be a serious insurrection. I don't know anyone who wants that, except the people that have been trying to stir up a race war since the '60s.

The same sort of people (and in fact some of the same people) that tried in the '60s are still trying, and for the same reason.

Edit: The message of Dr. King was lost early on.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
I admit you could be right but I don't know why he banned the last one? Dissident right?

Yes he was banned for racism. He was also one of the better posters on the site. He had clear and constructed arguments and was not stupid. He was also libertarian on many issues which is as much as anyone else on this board can say for themself.

This is why accusations of racism are not to be taken lightly at this point. You're basically threatening to ban people, because even if you're not the moderator, the moderator will do it.

I would like to hear a lot more opinions coming from the mod or the forum owner.

Me too. I want to know what the line is. If only certain opinions are allowed it models libertarianism perfectly. "Government, don't you dare tell me what I can't say, but I still want to use my power as a business/media outlet/forum owner to tell others what they can't say!"

Basically, absolute power to the property owners and businesses, who are the only ones who actually get to exercise their free speech. Everyone has the free speech, but unless you're a business or property owner, you don't get to benefit from it in the real world. It's not morally wrong, that's just the way it is.

I don't cry to the mod very often so I won't this time. You do what you like.

I won't report anything either. I hope you report me for racism. I've said what the extent of that is. I would just like to know if that's acceptable or not on this forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rampant Race Baiting
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy