Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › My economics teacher had this to say about Von Mises and Hayek...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My economics teacher had this to say about Von Mises and Hayek... (Read 486 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: My economics teacher had this to say about Von Mises and Hayek...
Reply #20 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
If Americans aren't continually complaining about the mess their country is in,  then they are condemning other countries and trying to bring them down to US standards.

In the past the US has accomplished that with military means in dozens of small countries throughout the world.

Maybe Americans continue to talk it up because of a nostalgic feeling for the good old days?

One wouldn't expect libertarians to buy into it considering how they claim to be antiwar. In truth, no Americans is honestly antiwar, they can be easily persuaded that their next war is to protect thier liberty or something like that.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:22pm:
If Americans aren't continually complaining about the mess their country is in...
It is governments and forms of governments (and not just what our own has become) that libertarians complain about when those governments restrict our rights. We think people living in other countries are also created equal and born with rights.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 12:36pm:
It is governments and forms of governments (and not just what our own has become) that libertarians complain about when those governments restrict our rights. We think people living in other countries are also created equal and born with rights.

Jeffery please! It's no other government's fault but your own. The rest of the modern world is doing much better and that's easily measured by their degree of happiness.

Ask appropriate questions and I promise to answer them.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 1:19pm:
Jeffery please! It's no other government's fault but your own. The rest of the modern world is doing much better and that's easily measured by their degree of happiness.

Easily measured by polls?  So you are not a libertarian, you are a happiness poll-itarian.

People who conduct and publish public opinion polls do it to influence public opinion not to measure it.  Until you understand that fact and its implications, you will continue to be duped.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 1:19pm:
The rest of the modern world...
...what little of it there is, is rapidly disappearing in favor of a return to Medieval times.

Did you ever live in Medieval times, to imagine that returning to them will be good?

Or are you just saying that returning to imaginary Medieval times sounds good to your imagination?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
DontTread44 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 1:48am:
Also consider libertarianism is more minarchism than anarchism. Minarchists make up most of the party.

True.

DontTread44 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 1:48am:
I think we really have to question Somalia a little further as well– is there really no state presence whatsoever? Is it a genuine free-for-all with no limits on trade, etc?

It seems a state still exists to some extent: https://mises.org/library/stateless-somalia-and-loving-it

Well that's just a natural result of anarchy because force is a result of anarchy.

The problem here is that anarchy the philosophy is directly counter to logic.

Once you define the State as an illegitimate user of force, you have defined them as a thug, existing within anarchy. You cannot then also say that the result of anarchy is that there will be no or few thugs.

Jeff wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 6:53am:
What libertarians point out is, when the scale slides toward the human good of liberty, more wealth is created, and when the scale slides toward central control and the restriction of liberty, the creation of wealth diminishes.

It has been pointed out to you that Kansas did this and it did not affect this result.

Skychief had a good reason why. But the point is, the scale slid toward the human good of liberty and your result did not occur.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 2:18pm:
Easily measured by polls?  So you are not a libertarian, you are a happiness poll-itarian.

People who conduct and publish public opinion polls do it to influence public opinion not to measure it.  Until you understand that fact and its implications, you will continue to be duped.

Sure burnsred! I'll believe you like I believed you on your bragging about your country's healthcare.

I trusted you and then we found that Ron Paul blew the cover and admitted it's just a big ripoff of murican people. You lied burnsred, and it's going take a while before I trust you again.

Very disappointing!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:33pm:
It has been pointed out to you that Kansas did this and it did not affect this result.

What?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 5:33pm:
But the point is, the scale slid toward the human good of liberty and your result did not occur.
Baldfaced assertions that liberty failed to serve human interests require serious proofs.

You have none, because none exist.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:30pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Baldfaced assertions that liberty failed to serve human interests require serious proofs.

You have none, because none exist.

This link has been all over the forum and posted in response to you at least twice that I know of. You're a confirmed liar.

JW wrote on Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:54pm:
I'm absolutely floored.  A libertarian knows nothing of Kansas - the complete Libertarian experiment?  Answer to the question "If libertarianism is so great, why don't people do it?"

Kansas did what libertarians want:  Ended taxes.

What sort of log do you live under?

http://reason.com/blog/2017/06/19/kansas-tax-cut-experiment-a-predictable

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › My economics teacher had this to say about Von Mises and Hayek...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy