Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Socially Responsible Capitalism.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Socially Responsible Capitalism. (Read 1201 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Socially Responsible Capitalism.
Reply #80 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
If you don't want to consider the leaders from those states who ratified the constitution founders, that's fine.  Washington and Jefferson were founders, no matter how you try to spin it.  They were rich slave owners who I'm sure had heavy influence on their state.  If they were so opposed to slavery, why did they not prevent those three slavery protection clauses from being added?

Your civil war is over and your side lost so get over it.

NO, YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR SLAVES BACK!

In other news, Slager the white cop got 20 years for the murder of Walter Scott.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
In other news, Slager the white cop got 20 years for the murder of Walter Scott.

Good.  I wish we had Norway's system where even after twenty years, a judge has to certify that he is rehabilitated or he cannot be released onto the public.

IP Logged

Thumper
Libertarians Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:38pm:
I'm not going to answer you until I know you're not another of Oppo's characters. I'm now more convinced than I was yesterday. I have plenty of posts on this board explaining my position. Prove yourself first if you're going to stay.

Seriously dude. All you have to do is look at the writing. You're parinoid.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:25pm:
Yes, and some opposed it. 

The document they came up with that they could agree on as a framework for government gave partial protection to slavery.  Good compromised with evil with the usual results.
Well, the alternative was for free states to form the Union by ratifying our Constitution, and slave states to form the Confederacy by ratifying their Constitution, which I'm sure you noted was aggressive and dedicated to the expansion of slavery in North
America.

The Founders, being smart guys, realized that such an arrangement would lead to a war between the two nations. They sought to avoid that, so they compromised with evil, hoping to avoid the greater evil of a war over slavery.

Unrealistically, they hoped and imagined that slavery would go away in America. Some thought it would die a natural death due to economics, some thought that the slave owners would become civilized...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Thumper wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
Seriously dude. All you have to do is look at the writing. You're parinoid.

I am looking at the writing and there's a definite attempt to show it being different than Oppo's and his accomplices. Complete with some spelling mistakes for effect. Get a life asshole, you tried too hard to hide your identity.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 6:59pm:
I am looking at the writing and there's a definite attempt to show it being different than Oppo's and his accomplices. Complete with some spelling mistakes for effect. Get a life asshole, you tried too hard to hide your identity.

It's funny - whenever a new libertarian joins our forum and talks about individual rights and limited government, you immediately go for the throat and make accusations of false identity. lol

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:38pm:
It's funny - whenever a new libertarian joins our forum and talks about individual rights and limited government, you immediately go for the throat and make accusations of false identity. lol

and I've been right. Oppo is a special kind of person who will go to great lengths to prove something. We all should know that about him. So it's no mystery why he's spending a lot of time trying to disprove me on his latest. He's clever, and more clever than anybody else on the forum except for me.

He didn't figure on that. I hope he keeps it up!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:45pm:
and I've been right. Oppo is a special kind of person who will go to great lengths to prove something.
What do you think its trying to prove?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:47pm:
What do you think its trying to prove?

For some strange reason Oppo thinks it's important to pass off his other characters on us as being others. This is easily traced back to me telling him that I wasn't going to waste time with any of his other personas until he stopped it. And I also suggested that he get rid of therm and the other one, slips my mind who right now.

So he created thumper and is totally intent on pulling it off at great effort. The motorcycle shit is evidence and his preoccupation with the conversation on 'socially responsible capitalism'. Check out his posts.

the name 'thumper' gives it away in part too. He doesn't choose titles wisely for some reason. He could have done a lot better with a usual 'given' name or a name that would represent his ideology to some extent. We all do. Oppo doesn't.

I'll let him play it as long as he likes. this forum is totally fukked up anyway and nobdoy has any interest in setting it straight. Especially you, you sweet ass you!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:33pm:
Well, the alternative was for free states to form the Union by ratifying our Constitution, and slave states to form the Confederacy by ratifying their Constitution, which I'm sure you noted was aggressive and dedicated to the expansion of slavery in North
America.

The Founders, being smart guys, realized that such an arrangement would lead to a war between the two nations. They sought to avoid that, so they compromised with evil, hoping to avoid the greater evil of a war over slavery.

Unrealistically, they hoped and imagined that slavery would go away in America. Some thought it would die a natural death due to economics, some thought that the slave owners would become civilized...
They should have never joined with the slave states if they felt strongly that slavery was wrong.  They did not feel that way so they joined up for the taxes and to buy cotton and tobacco without tariffs.  They didn't give a crap that it was grown with slave labor.

It was only years later that they tried to push the lie that the Union invaded the Confederacy to free slaves.  Lincoln himself said that was not the reason but I guess you think "Honest Abe" was lying about that, huh?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Socially Responsible Capitalism.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy