Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › individual responsibility how do u teach it
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) individual responsibility how do u teach it (Read 627 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: individual responsibility how do u teach it
Reply #40 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
It's very different.  I consider it cruelty and abuse to force a child to be exposed to all the b.s. fantasy that comes from (all organized) religion.
And I consider it cruelty and abuse to prohibit a child from learning about religion.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
And I consider it cruelty and abuse to prohibit a child from learning about religion.

Well that's a novel idea jeff, but it's definitely what some of us were waiting to hear!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Well that's a novel idea jeff...
Not really. It's part of what used to be called a general or liberal education. The idea is to teach children (and let them learn) about anything and everything, but especially things that they seem interested in.

The general idea is that by the time they are adults, they will know enough to make their own good decisions about their own lives.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
Not really. It's part of what used to be called a general or liberal education. The idea is to teach children (and let them learn) about anything and everything, but especially things that they seem interested in.

The general idea is that by the time they are adults, they will know enough to make their own good decisions about their own lives.

No jeffrey, children should be shielded from evil fanasies that are pushed on them by the church. The evil imprints on the innocent child and he's then as incapable of getting rid of it as a baby duck that has imprinted on a human as it's mother.

The proof of that is that very intelligent people can go through life trying to square the reality they know with what they have been indocrinated into believing by the churches evil liars.

You yourself are stuck in it because your parents were child abusers of that sort. Although, in defense of your parent, she didn't understand what she was doing to little Jeffrey.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:05pm:
No jeffrey, children should be shielded from evil fanasies that are pushed on them by the church. The evil imprints on the innocent child and he's then as incapable of getting rid of it as a baby duck that has imprinted on a human as it's mother.
I'm talking about learning, not instinct, but why would it be less evil to try to "imprint" a child with the idea that religion and faith are empty and that only ignorant boobs have any thing to do with it?

You really have the same authoritarian impulses that religious "progressives" have, insisting that their is only one truth and children should be forced into it.

Edit: Is this more of that "real" libertarians are all atheist anarchists crap?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
I'm talking about learning, not instinct, but why would it be less

You really have the same authoritarian impulses that religious "progressives" have, insisting that their is only one truth and children should be forced into it.

You would be right if you are talking about science vs. religious superstitions Jeff. No matter how you want to spin it, you either accept the religion bullshit, hook, line, and sinker or you reject it. The earth is either 4.5 billion years old or it's 6000 years old. there's no halfway you silly wanker.

If you want to say you can make an adult choice then let me know. If you can't because of what your mommy taught you then talk to somebody who's interested in sky fairies.

That's just tough love jeffrey. And I still love you because the lord sayith and giveth you a sweet ass.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:41pm:
You would be right if you are talking about science vs. religious superstitions Jeff.
A good liberal education includes learning about everything. Enough of each and every subject and topic to be able to make good decisions for yourself later in life.

When you start walling off areas that must not be taught, then you aren't talking about education, you're talking about partisan (tribal) indoctrination.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
A good liberal education includes learning about everything. Enough of each and every subject and topic to be able to make good decisions for yourself later in life.

When you start walling off areas that must not be taught, then you aren't talking about education, you're talking about partisan (tribal) indoctrination.

Wrong! There is lots of evil that needs to be walled off from children. If the evil we're talking about wasn't religion you would be making a complete ass of yourself defending such evils.

Would you teach your children witchcraft or Islam?

You're done Jeffrey, be the conversation on religious fantasies of any sort. You've just made a choice on which bullshit garbage you choose to believe.

Get back to me when you free yourself. You're a smart boy, you can do it. And you are also a very sweet ass boy too! Let me, shall we say, 'drive' the religion out of you, so to speak.

Eveil demons go ouuuutttttt! Unk, unk,unk, uhhhhhhhhhhh.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:00pm:
Would you teach your children witchcraft or Islam?

This is actually a very good question.  I hope Jeff answers it.    Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 8:15pm:
This is actually a very good question.  I hope Jeff answers it.    Smiley

Don't bank on it. Jeff doesn't stay the course when he's faced with the hard questions. No christian ever can. And besides, he not going to be sitting down in comfort for a while. Does that sweet ass boy squeal!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › individual responsibility how do u teach it
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy