Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Hawaii Bans Guns To All Medical Cannabis Patients
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Hawaii Bans Guns To All Medical Cannabis Patients (Read 126 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Hawaii Bans Guns To All Medical Cannabis Patients
Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Burnsred said:

Quote:
We lost freedom when idealists decided to rehabilitate criminals instead of punishing them.

Jeff wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 6:19pm:
I don't see any connection.

The connection is to Don_G's claim that we lose freedom when there are millions of guns in the hands of private citizens instead of government.  His implication is that his fear of being shot by a redneck detracts from his freedom.

My point is that - using Don's logic - we lose much more freedom due to the hundreds of thousands of convicted but released violent felons on the street than because of law-abiding gun owners.  Honest people don't put bars on their windows because I just bought a Gen-U-wine Auto Ordnance 1911 U.S. Army model as a Christmas present for my son who will finish his hitch this summer.  Honest people live behind bars because liberal like Don don't want violent felons to live behind bars.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:11am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm:
Burnsred said:

My point is that - using Don's logic - we lose much more freedom due to the hundreds of thousands of convicted but released violent felons on the street than because of law-abiding gun owners. .

Exactly! And that's because of your failed prison system. And a big part of them are prisoners who were jailed because they used their guns on others. NRA members gone berserk.

You learned nothing from me about Norway's system did you.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:15am
Print Post  
The NRA Song

Guns are neat, Guns are sweet
Guns the tool, what makes you cool.
Guns are fine, Guns are mine
Guns are things, that Jesus brings!
Guns for loonies, Guns for cons
Guns for Moonies, Guns for moms!
Guns are fun for everyone,
buy them up by the ton.
Guns for me, Guns for you,
Guns for nuts and children too!
Guns at home, Guns at work,
Guns at play, Guns berserk!
Tons and tons of great big Guns,
Are tons and tons of great big fun!
I’ve got Guns up my nose
‘tween my ears and by my toes.
I’m no fool, I’m so cool,
I take Guns to my school.
I take Guns to my car,
to the store and to the bar.
I got Guns in a drawer,
in my pocket and on the floor.
I got Guns on the wall,
behind the toilet and in the hall.
I got guns in my bed,
one is growing from my head!
Get a Gun and get it fast,
Gun-Gun shoot-shoot is a blast!

The point is burnsred, don't worry. What baby jesus taketh away baby jesus can bringeth back! He will replenisheth the land with automatics and saturday night specials!

At worse Hawaii will miss out on one or two school shootings and a few dead children.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 12:11am:
Exactly! And that's because of your failed prison system. And a big part of them are prisoners who were jailed because they used their guns on others. NRA members gone berserk.

You learned nothing from me about Norway's system did you.

I sure did.  Norway'ssystem:  Rehabilitate violent prisoners!  Don't give up on them!  If a prisoner doesn't seem to be rehabilitated at the end of his sentence, show confidence in the rehabilitation process by keeping him locked up until it works!

The more I think about it, the more I love that system you taught me about!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm:
Burnsred said:

The connection is to Don_G's claim that we lose freedom when there are millions of guns in the hands of private citizens instead of government.  His implication is that his fear of being shot by a redneck detracts from his freedom.

My point is that - using Don's logic - we lose much more freedom due to the hundreds of thousands of convicted but released violent felons on the street than because of law-abiding gun owners.  Honest people don't put bars on their windows because I just bought a Gen-U-wine Auto Ordnance 1911 U.S. Army model as a Christmas present for my son who will finish his hitch this summer.  Honest people live behind bars because liberal like Don don't want violent felons to live behind bars.
True. And they like to catch and release trout and illegal immigrants too. I just read about one man we have paid for catching and deporting 20 times. (Don't take me as a Wall in America advocate, but obviously, that's a stupid policy.)

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 5:07pm:
I sure did.  Norway'ssystem:  Rehabilitate violent prisoners!  Don't give up on them!  If a prisoner doesn't seem to be rehabilitated at the end of his sentence, show confidence in the rehabilitation process by keeping him locked up until it works!

The more I think about it, the more I love that system you taught me about!

Hawaii is a special situation where gun violence needs to be kept under control.
They depend on tourism and decent people from other countries don't understand the excuses the NRA louts make for so many people being shot.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
Hawaii is a special situation where gun violence needs to be kept under control.
Hello... Donat... Earth to Donat... Are you there?

The idea in America is to try to keep violent people under control. Hawaii is not special in that regard.

Freud would probably have fun with your fixation on guns and your various fantasies about them. That's what I think.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
True. And they like to catch and release trout and illegal immigrants too. I just read about one man we have paid for catching and deporting 20 times. (Don't take me as a Wall in America advocate, but obviously, that's a stupid policy.)

Yes, we need to make up our mind whether to enforce the border or not.  Pretending to enforce it while leaving it porous wastes money and allowing people to immigrate illegally and then deporting them twenty years later after they've started families harms the lives of innocent children.

But as always, we can't expect rationality or humanity from government.  The best we can do is keep it as small as possible. 

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2017 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:36pm:
Hello... Donat... Earth to Donat... Are you there?

The idea in America is to try to keep violent people under control. Hawaii is not special in that regard.

Freud would probably have fun with your fixation on guns and your various fantasies about them. That's what I think.

Actually Hawaii is quite special. They've very adamant about controlling gun violence and they sit at either 49th or 48th. most successful of the states. The reason why the have to is as I suggested.

But it's really a state's attempt at socially responsible government.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Hawaii Bans Guns To All Medical Cannabis Patients
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy