Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Flynn's Defection a Death Blow?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is Flynn's Defection a Death Blow? (Read 69 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Is Flynn's Defection a Death Blow?
Dec 5th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
http://original.antiwar.com/buchanan/2017/12/04/flynns-defection-death-blow/

Very much worth reading by Patrick Buchanan. But try as Pat does, he can't quite square it all:

Here's why: Quote:
Why the general would lie to the FBI about conversations he had to know U.S. intelligence had recorded is a puzzling question, but now also an irrelevant one, water over the dam.

Comments and explanations antiwar librtarians? Obviously not irrelevant water over the dam at all.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Flynn's Defection a Death Blow?
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 8:55am:

Thank you for reviving this very important thread. It was only sour grapes that it got ignored all this time.

the 'Reason' piece makes a good point but it's still obviously talking partisan politics being placed over justice. The FBI's methods can only work with a guilty party and there's no reason why that party shouldn't be used to expose the crimes of accomplices in the crimes.

Trump has something big to hide and it's likely that Mueller has his hands on it already. It will come down with a crash!

This is why his lawyers are now demanding another special prosecutor to investigate Mueller and his cohorts.

I've suggested elsewhere on this board that there's a downside to this thing being over. It will allow the hawks to take over on dealing with Russia/Putin. Both the Dems and the Repubs in the US congress are fully onside with much more worse relations with Russia. It's only Trump who is saving the day so far. Not because Trump has honourable intentions, but because Russia has some very damaging info on Trump.

Russia won't blow the whistle on Trump but Mueller will and it's won't be something the Repubs will be able to argue away. By that time in the process, they won't even want to!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:03pm:
Thank you for reviving this very important thread.
Yeah, Jeff, thanks . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
Yeah, Jeff, thanks . . .

Voice your opinion burnsred. Don't think I'm in a hurry to see Trump crash and burn because I'm not and I stated that. All I'm doing is stating my opinion. You can do that when you get your tail feathers unruffled.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
Voice your opinion burnsred. Don't think I'm in a hurry to see Trump crash and burn because I'm not and I stated that. All I'm doing is stating my opinion. You can do that when you get your tail feathers unruffled.
I have no "opinion" on this issue.  I can only observe the fact that the media, the Democrats and the Democrats in the permanent bureaucracy are going after Trump for unproven allegations that are far less serious than what we know the Clintons and Obama did.

That said, I'm not at all surprised that the government is finding some way to bring down a president who had the audacity to promise to reduce government.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:57pm:
I have no "opinion" on this issue.  I can only observe the fact that the media, the Democrats and the Democrats in the permanent bureaucracy are going after Trump for unproven allegations that are far less serious than what we know the Clintons and Obama did.

That said, I'm not at all surprised that the government is finding some way to bring down a president who had the audacity to promise to reduce government.

Or in other words, you have lots of opinions on this but you aren't confident enough to voice them.

Thank you for your scatter gun opinions that allow you to escape arguing the facts!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:04pm:
Or in other words, you have lots of opinions on this but you aren't confident enough to voice them.

Thank you for your scatter gun opinions that allow you to escape arguing the facts!
In other words, my facts don't fit with your American leftie style Trump bashing so you choose to ignore them?  You are fully qualified to work for CBS!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
In other words, my facts don't fit with your American leftie style Trump bashing so you choose to ignore them?  You are fully qualified to work for CBS!

No, I didn't dispute them. Anyway, you're in now and I'll get you more involved when I have time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
Don't think I'm in a hurry to see Trump crash and burn because I'm not and I stated that.
Does that mean you're an alt right fascist or a Deep State Insider?

Or maybe just that you have made some crony deal with The Donald?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Flynn's Defection a Death Blow?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy