Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nobody Is 100% Libertarian (Read 11943 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Reply #320 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
Meanwhile, far into the libertarian future, people like Don_G ("progressives") are still trying to replace civilization with the Law of the Jungle.

As I have said many times, I'm very disappointed with the futuristic 21st Century world where everywhere is reverting to the Dark Ages.
Have I mentioned that I'm glad to be old, but that I often cry for my children and grandchildren, and your's... Yours... Damn English. I'll never master it.

It keeps being changed anyway, or at least people keep trying to arbitrarily, through the power of government, change reality by redefining it. Cheesy

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #321 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
All realities of life are unlibertarian you silly ass.  

I used to think you were just pretending to be stupid.  But now I'm convinced you truly are a moron.

Thanks for verifying that, Don_G.  Remember, I'm counting on you for contributions to the Dumbest Things Ever Said Or Written List. So keep those stupid remarks coming!   Grin

Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #322 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:59am:
I used to think you were just pretending to be stupid.  But now I'm convinced you truly are a moron.

I've come to believe that dear Donat is smarter than the lizard, but that their ideas are about equally evil.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #323 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
So, What is a REAL Libertarian?   

[excerpts from What a Libertarian Is - and Is Not   by Sam Wells]

A libertarian is a person - any person - who consistently advocates individual freedom and consistently opposes the initiation of the use of coercion by anyone upon the person or property of anyone else for any reason...

They support the rational principle of the individual human rights of life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.  This means that each individual has the right to keep what he earns for himself and his family, and this includes the right to use, trade, sell, give away, or dispose of his property as he sees fit...

Real libertarians take individual rights seriously - seriously enough to consistently uphold them against the initiation of the use of force by anyone (including government) for any reason... [And THIS is why we have the 2nd Amendment - to protect ourselves from those who take action which would deny us our individual rights]

Libertarians are radicals (principled advocates) for individual freedom and responsibility - and the pure free-market private-enterprise economic system which would result from a consistent application of that principle.  A "conservative" on the other hand is one who wishes to preserve the status quo...

Many "civil libertarians" believe that some people have a "right" to violate the rights of others; they claim there is a "right to a job" or a "right" to welfare payments or a "right" to "free education" or a "right" to free child care - all at the expense of the people (usually the taxpayers) who are forced to pay for these so-called "rights."   Real libertarians are for true freedom, not "freedom" at the forced expense of others...

http://laissez-fairerepublic.com/libertar.htm

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #324 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 16th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
    Real libertarians are for true freedom, not "freedom" at the forced expense of others...

]

As long as libertarians hold to that sort of dogmatic position, they will neverbe a political threat.

Everyone knows it's just simplistic shit that can be questioned with examples of how it just can't work that way. Libertarians don't want to get into explaining their positions any deeper than that.

If a person doesn't want to forfit their rights to please libertarians then that's the end of the discussion. We must not understand! We don't understand there are positive and negative rights. Everybody's rights are negative while the libertarian's are positive.

Nobody understands.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #325 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As long as libertarians hold to that sort of dogmatic position, they will neverbe a political threat.

One of the core ideas of classical liberalism is to make sure that no one can be threatened by politicians, and that threats by politicians are punishable as common law torts.

IP Logged

MMMark

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #326 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Sat. 18/03/17 11:49 EDT
.post #36

Violence is necessary in Trump era according to Clinton voter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCLvZCjiiE0

Adam Kokesh Asks Lauren Southern: "Why Aren't You An Anarchist Yet?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgnS-pqhISc

Kokesh's question:
"What do you think the state is necessary for, in other words, what elements of the human endeavor are improved by violence?"

Lauren's answer distills to: I can't wait 3000 years for a totally libertarian world, so I prefer Nationalism to Globalism.

As a Nationalist, Lauren Southern advocates restricted immigration and state border control.
Of course, she's not too happy when border control hurts her:

Lauren Southern Banned From The UK - Tucker and Katie Hopkins REACT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiuAAz55Zs

I haven't found much internet commentary on the irony of this, or the hypocrisy of Lauren Southern, although I've found a bit:

Border Control Enthusiast Banned From Crossing UK Border
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/vbpw8y/border-control-enthusiast-banned-f...

"It’s funny because Lauren Southern advocates strict border control & denial of entry for people from other cultures whose beliefs don't match with the host country’s 'values' but I guess she assumed since she’s white that shouldn't apply to her lol," wrote one user (https://mobile.twitter.com/genouenne/status/973175297234362368 ).

Twitter user Alex also wrote:

"we're just enjoying the sweet irony of lauren southern being bit in the ass by the very policies she advocates then whining about it"

and

"it’s absolutely delicious that she got her ass kicked out by the immigration apparatus she wants to fatten up"

"do i think lauren should've been kicked out? probably not, but it’s hilarious that she ran afoul of the very policies she wants to double down on"

"mayhaps people like lauren ought to stop advocating for strict border control & extreme vetting since it’s such an affront to their rights"

alex 🍞🌹
@genouenne
Replying to @PADFA @RationalDis @Claire_Voltaire      
okay, then take that up with the far right & people like lauren who have consistently advocated for tight border control/extreme vetting since this situation is a logical conclusion of their own tendencies lol
12:34 PM - 12 Mar 2018
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2018 at 9:51pm by MMMark »  

IP Logged

MMMark

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #327 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Sat. 18/03/17 11:54 EDT
.post #37

Quote:

Everyone knows it's just simplistic shit that can be questioned with examples of how it just can't work that way. Libertarians don't want to get into explaining their positions any deeper than that.

If a person doesn't want to forfit their rights to please libertarians then that's the end of the discussion. We must not understand! We don't understand there are positive and negative rights. Everybody's rights are negative while the libertarian's are positive.

Nobody understands.  Roll Eyes

The Difference Between Negative and Positive Rights
https://alibertarianfuture.com/define-libertarian/the-difference-between-negativ...

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #328 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
MMMark wrote on Mar 17th, 2018 at 11:54am:
Sat. 18/03/17 11:54 EDT
.post #37

The Difference Between Negative and Positive Rights
https://alibertarianfuture.com/define-libertarian/the-difference-between-negativ...

Rights are things that go into and come out of your body. Do you have a right to food? If so then we need to get to work defining what 'free' means.

I see no real hard and fast difference between negative rights and positive rights. It appears to be an invention of libertarians to serve their agenda.

Before you came to this forum it was established unanimously that libertarianism could never work for an entire country. Even the most hardcore libertarians agreed.

I think a lot of that could be attributed to the wrong definition of free. If a person collects from an insurance polilcy then he's not getting something for free. There are likely very few instances where that doesn't apply.

We can even say that a country provides 'insurance' to it's people.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #329 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you have a right to food? If so then we need to get to work defining what 'free' means.

"Progressives" redefined "free" years ago to mean somebody else is forced to pay for it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy