Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nobody Is 100% Libertarian (Read 20761 times)
AlayneLeung
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Reply #380 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I agree that voting should be a right for all persons. 

How about allowing any person, that speaks or types the entire Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States, to be allowed to vote twice per each election; and any person that can't speak or type the entire Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States, to be allowed to vote once per each election?

And remember, the United States Armed Forces and the (Co)President(s) and the Vice (Co)President(s) and the Supreme Court Justices and members of Congress are to obey the Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States; so if we elect those leaders, then we each should have good knowledge of the Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of the Constitution of the United States so that those said leaders don't become corrupt or decadent.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #381 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're consistent with the pseudo-libertarian principles that suggest all voters should be like you, therm, Oppo, Craig Sickler, the Chief, and other superior minds. The rest shouldn't count.

The trouble is, the Chief's idea of screening them out according to their IQ, may be a glitch. I'm thinking he may have to exclude anybody over about 110.

BS.  My Voter Proficiency Quiz has nothing to with I.Q. and you know it.  You're lying again, Don_G.  Why must you lie each time you misrepresent me?

A fifth grader could pass the quiz if they simply type WHAT ARE THE 3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT in their search bar on their phone.

Why pretend that it's rocket-science?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #382 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
A fifth grader could pass the quiz if they simply type WHAT ARE THE 3 BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT in their search bar on their phone.

If you permit cheating, it's not a real test. Angry

Life is a real test.

If you supported your own life and paid taxes, you get to vote, even if you are illiterate. We will happily provide a verbal version of the ballot.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #383 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
BS.  My Voter Proficiency Quiz has nothing to with I.Q. and you know it.  You're lying again, Don_G.  Why must you lie each time you misrepresent me?

Why pretend that it's rocket-science?

You miss the point Chief. Only a libertarian prick like you would think that a voter has to pass some kind of intelligence test to be able to vote.

Never will happen but if we assume that some time in the future libertarians were allowed to dictate to others just who would be allowed to vote, the LP would take it to some ridiculous extreme like telling them who they must vote for.

Nobody is 100% libertarian.
Nobody lives their life in fantasyland more than about 2% of the time. Roughly equal to the LP popularity.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #384 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Never will happen but if we assume that some time in the future libertarians were allowed to dictate to others just who would be allowed to vote, the LP would take it to some ridiculous extreme like telling them who they must vote for.

That's such an absurd statement, there's really no point in responding.

Quote:
Nobody lives their life in fantasyland more than about 2% of the time. Roughly equal to the LP popularity.

You're the one who's out of touch with reality, Don_G.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #385 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Don_G, feel free to respond to above reply that I posted on p. 39 of current that&this topic.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #386 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
Yeah, I agree that voting should be a right for all persons. 

How about allowing any person, that speaks or types the entire Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States, to be allowed to vote twice per each election; and any person that can't speak or type the entire Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States, to be allowed to vote once per each election?

And remember, the United States Armed Forces and the (Co)President(s) and the Vice (Co)President(s) and the Supreme Court Justices and members of Congress are to obey the Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of said Constitution of the United States; so if we elect those leaders, then we each should have good knowledge of the Constitution of the United States and all Amendments of the Constitution of the United States so that those said leaders don't become corrupt or decadent.

I can't agree Alayne but the Chief and the rest might. I think too much knowledge of your constitution is a big part of the problem your country is facing. People take all that outdated shit seriously. They would be better off applying modern day thinking and rules to govern such.

The trouble is, both sides of the political divide make up opposite interpretations of it and that keeps you spinning your wheels.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #387 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think too much knowledge of your constitution is a big part of the problem your country is facing. People take all that outdated shit seriously. They would be better off applying modern day thinking and rules to govern such.

Don_G....  A country is only as good as its Constitution. 

Ours is the best in the world, and that's why peoples from all over the globe risk life and limb to get here. 

They seek the liberty and freedom that our Constitution guarantees the people.

[cue music to Battle Hymn of The Republic]

The blessings of Liberty are important today as they were 240 years ago.  Admittedly, they have been watered down quite a bit, but that's because we allowed gov't to grant themselves too much power.

“As government expands, liberty contracts.” - Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #388 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G, the Constitution of the United States is amendable.  Perhaps you'd like to reply with recommendation(s) as to how you believe the Constitution of the United States should be amended?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #389 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 30th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
Don_G, the Constitution of the United States is amendable.  Perhaps you'd like to reply with recommendation(s) as to how you believe the Constitution of the United States should be amended.

No, I think it should largely be ignored. There's nothing good to come out of reinterpreting a thousand times over. And besides, you have no justice system anymore either.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy