Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nobody Is 100% Libertarian (Read 10714 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Reply #550 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I know. Even though I'm not sure what that entails. You can elaborate on it if you like?

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know I have, many times.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #551 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I know, but we can't correct everything he babbles on about. He just happened to get it basically right on needing good leadership.

Thanks. Now I'll end this one because you're starting to 'go off'.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #552 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I know, but we can't correct everything he babbles on about. He just happened to get it basically right on needing good leadership.
The Constitution is designed to make sure that bad "leaders" can't do harm to America, and we don't really have "leaders" in our government. People imagine the President is a "leader" but his Constitutional role is to faithfully execute the laws... That makes him a follower.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #553 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
The Constitution is designed to make sure that bad "leaders" can't do harm to America, and we don't really have "leaders" in our government. People imagine the President is a "leader" but his Constitutional role is to faithfully execute the laws... That makes him a follower.

This could become a good discussion. Remember how Obama did irreparable damage to America when he came to agreement with Putin on eliminating all of Syria's chem/bio weapons? Remember how that empowered Russia to get into Syria as an aid to Assad in eliminating the terrorist threat?

the point is, no president is going to be held back by anything your constitution says.

Not since Bush1.

Or longer?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #554 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This could become a good discussion. Remember how Obama did irreparable damage to America when he came to agreement with Putin on eliminating all of Syria's chem/bio weapons? Remember how that empowered Russia to get into Syria as an aid to Assad in eliminating the terrorist threat?

the point is, no president is going to be held back by anything your constitution says.

Not since Bush1.

Or longer?

The thing is boss, when I can keep you from going off, we get into discussions in which we end up agreeing on important issues. And that's not meant to make you 'go off' early.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #555 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Not so long as Congress lets presidents get away with things anyway... That can change.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #556 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Not so long as Congress lets presidents get away with things anyway... That can change.

Maybe?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #557 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe?
Ask Ruby.

Didn't you tell me she was a Witch with powers to see the future?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #558 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
The Chief is delusional about what he thinks the President can do.

Prove it. Prove Skychief has said the President can do something he actually cannot do.

Because I don't see where he's claiming something flat illogical like that the President can sprout wings and fly.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #559 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:13am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 1:56am:
Prove it. Prove Skychief has said the President can do something he actually cannot do.

Because I don't see where he's claiming something flat illogical like that the President can sprout wings and fly.
Here's what the Chief said-

"Currently, 62% of all revenues derived from income taxes are spent on non-essential crony defense contractors, and entitlements.

These things can easily be eliminated with the stroke of a [President's] pen."

The President can't eliminate Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid or "welfare" (including corporate welfare) "with the stroke of a pen". Nor can he stop the funding of defense or do much if anything to eliminate defense spending he might think is "non-essential"... The President's own Dept of Defense can't even close military bases it doesn't need or want, Congress won't let them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 61
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy