Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nobody Is 100% Libertarian (Read 24928 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Reply #650 - Jul 2nd, 2019 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 6:32pm:
I think someone by now would have thought that there is something wrong with their platform.

But there isn't anything wrong with the platform.   If there were, don't you think they would have changed it by now?

If libertarians thought some taxes are ok, at least they could have reworded the Tax plank differently to reflect that.

"Since we believe that every man is entitled to keep the fruits of his labor, we are opposed to all government activity which consists of the forcible collection money or goods from citizens in violation of their individual rights. Specifically, we support the eventual repeal of ALL taxation."

They could have re-worded it to read:

"Since we believe that every man is entitled to keep the fruits of his labor, we are opposed to all government activity which consists of the forcible collection money or goods from citizens in violation of their individual rights. Specifically, we support the eventual repeal of income tax."

This would make many other taxes ethical in the eyes of the LP.

The reason they didn't is because "we seek to substantially reduce the size and intrusiveness of government and ELIMINATE taxes at every opportunity."

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #651 - Jul 3rd, 2019 at 6:05am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 2nd, 2019 at 7:27pm:
But there isn't anything wrong with the platform.   If there were, don't you think they would have changed it by now?

If they wanted to continue to be irrelevant, they're doing just fine.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian: improving USA's OSHA and SSS
Reply #652 - Jul 5th, 2019 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
OSHA should require property owners to tell being(s) , that will be on or in property of property owner(s), to ethically and reasonably tell said being(s) about how to avoid all potential hazard(s) of said property.

As for the Selective Service System, my multiparty friend chip burcham just asked me a few minutes ago of how about military recruitment(s) of hubeing(s) that:

1, do marijuana recreational (not medicinal) usage(s) of carcinogenic drug(s) or other carcinogenic drug(s) like tobacco or cocaine or crack to reduce wildfire(s) in the USA from careless hubeing(s) that drop said carcinogenic drug(s) onto ground(s) or onto property to (non)accidentally start fire(s) if those said hubeing(s) don't try to make reasonable vigorous efforts to get reasonable treatment(s) to quit forever said carcinogenic usage(s) ? Because remember wildfire(s) could theoretically damage or destroy:

a, being(s) including child(ren) or animal(s) or plant(s) like trees and that could chain reactionally affect sever weather condition(s) or cause any or all of aforementioned nouns ptsd;
b, property including exploding petroleum or hydrogen fuel suppli(es) ;
c, ballot(s) used for voting or location(s) or equipment used for voting;
d, important document(s) ;
e, money collected for beneficial causes such as cash or check(s) or money order(s) donation(s) to GP;
f, other nouns.

2, are now (or will) knowingly and willfully choosing to play very picture(s) detailed (or perhaps not so very picture(s) detailed) simulated violent first person shooter "game(s) " so that non-fiction being(s) don't get shot by those hubeings that play those "game(s) " ? but if a hubeing hasn't played simulated violent first person shooter "game(s) " in at least ten years or more years ago, then he or she doesn't get recruited for that playing, and CBS reported some weeks ago that United States Armed Forces Employees have tried to recruit hubeing(s) that play first person shooter "game(s) "

3, knowingly and willfully have (or are or will) actually committed severe (or worse) version(s) of violent crime(s) of: mutilation(s) , first or second degree murder(s) , arson(s) , vandalism(s) ?

Those type(s) of recruited hubeing(s) can theoretically be put to work: preferably years using remote controlled robot(s) to search for (and hopefully remove) landmine(s) or watermine(s) or improvised explosive device(s) , or painting , or removing paint, or cooking, or improving road(s) , driving supply vehicle(s) or construction.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #653 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 10th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
Even the most hard-core libertarians will not be in full agreement with LP issues. There will always be some issues where a libertarian's view(s) will deviate from standard LP tenets.

So be honest and tell us how your personal view(s) might go against the collective libertarian mind-set.

I have two:

Open Borders.   

I admit the current immigration policy is a mess and in dire need of comprehensive reform. But open borders?  Nah.  There are too many people who want to come to the US with the sole ambition of causing harm and mayhem.  Immigrants entering the US need to be properly vetted, imo.
!

Yeah, we aren't all the same and no one is 100%.

I to do not support open borders and do not support illegal immigration and in keeping with the Libertarian view, I would personally never cross into another country illegally and think that all people of my nation who do this need to get deported without condition and that their country of origin must pay for all expenses incurred.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #654 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 9:18pm:
...I would personally never cross into another country illegally and think that all people of my nation who do this need to get deported without condition and that their country of origin must pay for all expenses incurred.

Agreed.  Illegal immigrants put an undue strain on taxpayers. 

It costs US taxpayers over $700 per day to house/clothe/feed each and every immigrant in detention facilities.   Shocked

It's a great idea of yours to hand a bill to the country of origin!!   Smiley

I've come up with an amazing plan to put an end to illegal immigration once and for all.

My proposed Guest Visa program allows immigrants to come and go as they please for up to 12 months.

Each Guest Visa costs $500 and in most cases can be issued WITHIN ONE HOUR OF THE TIME THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED! 

The Guest Visa is renewable indefinitely, so the migrant can stay in the US while he/she applies for citizenship.  It can be renewed 10 times or 20 times. . . . there's no limit.   

Finally, there is no longer any need for "asylum" or "amnesty"!

A libertarian immigration policy that can benefit both immigrants AND taxpayers.   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #655 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Hey, thanks for the reply.  I don't know if 1 hour is enough time to do a background check but that is probably not needed if the applicant submits the proper and legitimate document.

Let me give you an example:

One of my friends is from Vietnam.  (Vietnam/China are a notoriously high threat for anchor baby stuff and single women from these countries are often denied visa.)

She single woman in her early 30's who is a lawyer for one of the biggest global corporations.  She has a high position in her society and is also an owner of multiple properties in Vietnam.  She has been to America several times for 10 days to 2 weeks at a time to visit friends/family and take tours or Grand Canyon Las Vegas, etc. The first time she applied for a visa, a face to face interview was conducted at the U.S. consulate and she was stamped a 6 or 12 month visa no problem.  Now every time she has needed to renew her visa after that, she did not have to go to the U.S. consulate to do everything again but simply submitted her application online and all they required was a most recent picture and received the visa within 3 business days no problem.

The above example is good because it may show some of the people here who don't have a true example of how the process works and why some people have an easier time coming here than others.

America is happy to have people coming in whether temporary or not as long as they are educated in western values and traditions, can add to the infrastructure or at least support themselves and preferably can contribute to Western Civilization.

Jeff, just to add:  I don't know if her visa cost $500 USD but I know if did cost several.  More expensive than visas to other countries.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #656 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 10:12pm:
The above example is good because it may show some of the people here who don't have a true example of how the process works and why some people have an easier time coming here than others.

That is a good example, but my Guest Visa plan is better because it is funded directly from Guest Visa revenues!  It is completely self-sustaining, and might even become profitable within a few years.

I have proposed a progressively "adjusted" Guest Visa fee.  It would look something like this:

Initial Guest Visa . . . . . . . . . . . $500

1st renewal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1000

2nd renewal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$2000

3rd renewal . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$4000

etc, etc...

This ensures that the revenues from the Guest Visa fees will be more than enough to sustain the program.

Some might argue that these fees are too high, but I would remind them that many illegal migrants happily pay traffickers up to $4000 to smuggle them across the border!

For $4000, a migrant man can get his whole family into the US and they are 100% legal and don't have to worry about being deported!  Good for them, and good for American taxpayers.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #657 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
I don't know if the fees are too high or actually too low but in any case, they also must subject to inflation and I think it should not be a progressive fee but a flat fee each time.  I think it is a great idea. 

And just to be fair, All counties should have high visa fees including those 3rd world shitholes that no one wants to enter.

I love Japan and I am willing to save up to afford the visa! But more realistically, I am willing to work hard and smart in order to build up enough wealth so that my life in my own country of residence is so good for me and my family that vacation to Japan would be great but not great enough for me to forfeit what I have here to move there.  I'll just spend the money to get the visa to go there each time instead.

Good thinking man!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #658 - Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 7th, 2019 at 11:20pm:
I think it is a great idea...

...Good thinking man!

Thanks!   You're the first person on this forum who hasn't tried to pick the Guest Visa plan apart piece by piece.

You are at least 94% libertarian.    Smiley

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #659 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Cheers buddy.

I have not totally dissected your visa plan and have not read through the gazzilion pages of arguments but assume much of it has to do with wealth discrimination.  If that is the case then I don't buy it since I believe equality is an unnatural social construct.

The reason why I not only support such a plan but propose that it should just be a flat rate for all entries is that if you cannot afford the let's say $4000 bucks to buy the visa then this suggests that you cannot afford to spend $4000 for your own basic needs in your own country.  So this plan will help screen out the freeloaders.

If any of you think that I am being elitist then you are probably right but please keep in mind, I myself cannot afford $4000 for a visa going anywhere and in another post that I have started about voting rights for property owners only, I did state that I am not a property owner but a renter.

http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1562557486/0#0

« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2019 at 2:40am by yamcha »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy