Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nobody Is 100% Libertarian (Read 24929 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Reply #660 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:02am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 12:23am:
If any of you think that I am being elitist then you are probably right but please keep in mind, I myself cannot afford $4000 for a visa going anywhere and in another post that I have started about voting rights for property owners only, I did state that I am not a property owner but a renter.

Sir, the Guest Visa fee is only $500.  It doesn't reach $4000 until the third renewal!  Very few people will ever want to renew their Guest Visa a third time.    Probably less than 8% would even want to think about it.

Most will obtain their citizenship within two years.  That means that 92% would have spent only $1500 on their Guest Visa.

Heck, that's cheap considering that a typical two-week vacation can cost over two grand!   Shocked

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #661 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:20am
Print Post  
What is the overall objective?  Like getting citizenship would be cheaper than vacationing?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #662 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:09am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:20am:
What is the overall objective?  Like getting citizenship would be cheaper than vacationing?

I may be getting too bold with my assumptions here but I think what he's precluding is welfare parasites coming in. It does that because only people with $500 to spare can come in.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #663 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 11:10am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 10:20am:

There are two objectives mainly;

1) Relieve the American Taxpayer of the burden that they bear with illegal immigration.  It costs roughly $150 BILLION per year to support illegal immigration.   That's a boatload of money.

2) Provide a means which allows migrants to enter the country legally without going through the senseless hassles of applying for citizenship or asylum status.

My Guest Visa plan will easily accomplish these objectives, and more.

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #664 - Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
So you are asking the tourist to buy insurance for the potential illegals.  I guess that is ok if you think it works.

But perhaps a $$ amount deposit upon receiving the visa that is returned if not renewed would also be an idea.

Don't you think it matters what kind of immigrants come in regardless of if they can dish out the money for the visa or not?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #665 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:03am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 8th, 2019 at 8:59pm:
So you are asking the tourist to buy insurance for the potential illegals.  I guess that is ok if you think it works.

But perhaps a $$ amount deposit upon receiving the visa that is returned if not renewed would also be an idea.

Don't you think it matters what kind of immigrants come in regardless of if they can dish out the money for the visa or not?
No, no, no. 

What matters here is the cost to taxpayers. 

I'm saying Whatever the cost is, It must be shouldered by the immigrant  - NOT THE US TAXPAYER.

¿Comprende?

In US,  Taxpayer > immigrant

If immigrant disagrees, he/she is free to go to different country.    Smiley

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #666 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Si, Mi comprende but is the final objective some kind of incentive for legal immigration? If so then how would this speed up the legal immigration process? Perhaps you propose some kind of a combo special like the Happy Meal?

And if illegal immigration and taxes are the issues then how about no visas besides diplomatic? Smiley

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #667 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:18am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14am:
. . . is the final objective some kind of incentive for legal immigration? If so then how would this speed up the legal immigration process?

The immigrant will hold his/her beautiful, new Guest Visa within an hour of the application.

This is a tremendous incentive to enter the US legally.   And the Guest Visa grants immigrant all the perks of citizenship.  Well,  not ALL but most.   They cannot vote, and they cannot run for public office.  And they cannot receive welfare or any other redistributions.

Sure, there will still be people who enter the US illegally, but it will be a manageable number, and ICE can pursue these people and get them deported quickly and efficiently.   If they don't have a Guest Visa, or the Guest Visa has expired,  OUT THEY GO.  No more asylum silliness.

It will send a powerful message to others who plan to enter the US illegally.

yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 1:14am:
And if illegal immigration and taxes are the issues then how about no visas besides diplomatic? Smiley
The sale of Guest Visas will generate a lot of revenue for the US. . . . as much as $1.3 million per day!   

Finally, a government program that MAKES money instead of wasting it!!    Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:43am by SkyChief »  

IP Logged

yamcha

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #668 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Funny thing chief, we both live in California (me, born and raised) so we know what it is about and we (probably) have both are financially, socially and emotionally invested here.

We know how to accurately measure the pros and cons.

So one of my foreign friends from Vietnam stopped by here on her tour of America. So I asked her if she was enjoying herself and if she would ever think of settling down here. Her reply:

"After seeing the state of affairs in Los Angeles, the answer is a big F NO!  Why would I want to go from a communist state to higher taxed shithole that seems even more commie?!?!"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #669 - Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:25am
Print Post  
yamcha wrote on Jul 9th, 2019 at 2:37am:
Funny thing chief, we both live in California (me, born and raised) so we know what it is about and we (probably) have both are financially, socially and emotionally invested here.

We know how to accurately measure the pros and cons.

So one of my foreign friends from Vietnam stopped by here on her tour of America. So I asked her if she was enjoying herself and if she would ever think of settling down here. Her reply:

"After seeing the state of affairs in Los Angeles, the answer is a big F NO!  Why would I want to go from a communist state to higher taxed shithole that seems even more commie?!?!"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Actual communism has a maximum communism point, and cannot add more communism after that without everyone starving.

Capitalist countries can add much more communism as they continue to parasitise the vestiges of capitalism.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nobody Is 100% Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy