Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Shoot Another Unarmed Man
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Police Shoot Another Unarmed Man (Read 2255 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Police Shoot Another Unarmed Man
Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

This officer was acquitted primarily because his training officer testified that he would do the same under the same circumstances.  If a man is that much of a coward, he has no business claiming to be a protector of civilians.  If he was actually trained to do this, police need much stronger civilian oversight, because no civilian in his right mind would approve of police being taught to do this.

Not here to bash police.  I know many of them join the force with very idealistic motivation.  But peer pressure combined with poor training combined with little management leads to this kind of thing happening. 

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Police Shoot Another Unarmed Man
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:13pm:

This officer was acquitted primarily because his training officer testified that he would do the same under the same circumstances.  If a man is that much of a coward, he has no business claiming to be a protector of civilians.  If he was actually trained to do this, police need much stronger civilian oversight, because no civilian in his right mind would approve of police being taught to do this.

Not here to bash police.  I know many of them join the force with very idealistic motivation.  But peer pressure combined with poor training combined with little management leads to this kind of thing happening. 

You're skipping over the root cause again aren't you? Was this in a 'right to work' state where income is kept low?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Man, that was tough to watch.  That poor kid was executed.  How could a jury not see that?  Did they not see the video?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:23pm:
Man, that was tough to watch.  That poor kid was executed.  How could a jury not see that?  Did they not see the video?

It sure was tough to watch. And it appears that it was an execution. The kid started crying just before the shooting.

What kind of ugly extremist attitude would not see this in what appears to be it's proper light?

Or is this a case of burnsred trying to set something up? I have no idea why somebody that's as extremist as burnsred would post it here?

Afraid somebody else would?

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It sure was tough to watch. And it appears that it was an execution. The kid started crying just before the shooting.

What kind of ugly extremist attitude would not see this in what appears to be it's proper light?

Or is this a case of burnsred trying to set something up? I have no idea why somebody that's as extremist as burnsred would post it here?

Afraid somebody else would?
I posted it here because I'm a libertarian.  If you were one also, it would make more sense to you that I did post it.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
I posted it here because I'm a libertarian.  If you were one also, it would make more sense to you that I did post it.

It's out of character for you and that's why I suspected a dark motive.

It's pushing an illustration of the corruption that is running rampant in your country and that's no your schtick. You're the defender of evil.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's out of character for you and that's why I suspected a dark motive.

It's pushing an illustration of the corruption that is running rampant in your country and that's no your schtick. You're the defender of evil.
LoL!

You a fool, Don!

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
LoL!

You a fool, Don!

I'm cautious of what your motive could be. You're an extremist rightist and that's not libertarian. Posting this was out of character for you. We're going to give you a smackdown on this issue too.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm cautious of what your motive could be. You're an extremist rightist and that's not libertarian. Posting this was out of character for you. We're going to give you a smackdown on this issue too.

We?  You and the voices in your head?

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 1:13pm:

Where did this happen? Please don't make me guess. Thank you.

Edit:It looks to me as if big city regressive rulers encourage just this sort of behavior.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Shoot Another Unarmed Man
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy